• Playwire Ad Area

PAC 12 incompetence is on full display at Oregon State today

1 hour ago, RegularStalling said:

Agreed, but he lost to Yonger 4-3. I think he can beat anyone at the weight, aside from Kerk. 

Yeah people tend to forget that Schultz is ***ducking** MASSIVE and that can be a problem for plenty of guys.  Hell, I imagine Steveson felt the weight of picking him up to be overbearing after a while.  That being said, I am glad this tactic has seemingly caught up to him at the tail end of his career.  I have always found his run to 2nd place a few years ago to be such a head scratcher in the new age of Hwt wrestling...

• Potato 1

19 hours ago, wjd said:

3 champs and they finish second ahead of Oregon St. The Pendleton resurgent at OSU seems to have stalled.

The other side of the coin is losing 2 starters, one ranked,  two weeks before conference, and having a truck fall on your former all-american. Those are the breaks sometimes. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

21 hours ago, MinnesotaMustang said:

Little Rock with at least two champs. What a great job those coaches have done!

1 hour ago, Idaho said:

The other side of the coin is losing 2 starters, one ranked,  two weeks before conference, and having a truck fall on your former all-american. Those are the breaks sometimes. 

True. OSU doesn't seem to be developing guys they way I thought they would. Mendez, their best wrestling came over with Pendleton from ASU. The kid that that care fell on was a transfer as well. Olguin was PAC 12 champ last year and got beat soundly by ASU's true freshman who's redshirting this year. I think he had some other poor losses. Kaylor has regressed, just stalls now. OSU fans on their bulletin board are getting frustrated. They won the PAC last year, but ASU was in the same boat. Had Teamer wrestled last year and Vasquez been available for the PAC 12 tournament. That would have been 2 more champs for the Devils and most likely would have finished first rather than 4th. None of the teams out west have the depth of the midwestern squads to overcome the loss of a starter.

57 minutes ago, wjd said:

True. OSU doesn't seem to be developing guys they way I thought they would. Mendez, their best wrestling came over with Pendleton from ASU. The kid that that care fell on was a transfer as well. Olguin was PAC 12 champ last year and got beat soundly by ASU's true freshman who's redshirting this year. I think he had some other poor losses. Kaylor has regressed, just stalls now. OSU fans on their bulletin board are getting frustrated. They won the PAC last year, but ASU was in the same boat. Had Teamer wrestled last year and Vasquez been available for the PAC 12 tournament. That would have been 2 more champs for the Devils and most likely would have finished first rather than 4th. None of the teams out west have the depth of the midwestern squads to overcome the loss of a starter.

Yep - would have been a tight race last year with those two guys, although Ysaguirre was still a finalist and OSU also had Lara out and the WIllits brothers decide over the summer to be done.  Never know which Kaylor is going to show up...the one who beat Ayala, Volk and pinned Spratley or the one who didn't take shot the whole semi-final match and won 1-0.  On a positive note, Rademchaer is coming along nice, Nash Singleton was our 2nd 141 to start the season but went up when Tolentino had a season ending injury.  Olguin and Munoz have developed very well at OSU under this staff. There are a couple other guys I wish were further along than they are, but they are still young. They had a bad finals for sure...but I am on that same board and know most of the guys who post on there. The sky isn't falling in Corvallis. 5 guys to the NCAA's most likely with Kaylor getting an at large. Then lots of work to do like most teams. By the way, who is. your team? 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐