• Playwire Ad Area

PAC 12 incompetence is on full display at Oregon State today

No surprise at all.   The PAC 12 incompetence - especially on anything having to do with the sport of wrestling has been evident for DECADES.

They are supposed to have two live streams going.  SURPRISE only one is going

There is no audio commentary just some idiotic "musak" interrupted occasionally by a PA announcer.

YEP.........same old PAC 12.  I'm so glad this conference is done.

• Fire 2
  • Stalling 1
  • Potato 1

2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

And now the one live stream that was working is not working.  I swear chimpanzees would be more competent.

Why do they rely on the Oregon St. live feed or any schools live feed for that matter. PAC 12 network is covering the finals, they should have the ability to broadcast 2 mats.

Just now, PacMan said:

This is inexcusable.  How pathetic.  And the goddamn music playing during the matches, no scores displayed, and I've still only got one mat.

I've got both. If the links in the PAC 12 site dont work, try going to the Oregon St website and the links are in their schedule.

Lack of scoring sucks. I'm following along with scoring on trackwrestling but they aren't in sync.

6 hours ago, Thumper said:

And now the one live stream that was working is not working.  I swear chimpanzees would be more competent.

What a shocker, the conference that gutted almost its entire staff and losing 10 of its schools doesn't have the resources to stream an event to your liking

9 hours ago, RegularStalling said:

ASU looked as good as they have all season. I think another top 10 finish is well within the cards. Maybe even top 7 if the draws are in their favor.

ASU looked better than I even dared imagine, and Richie Figs looks like he can win the whole damn thing in KC. Frankly Schultz does too.

At least the PAC-12 put the true second matches on Track this year…usually finding out the results of those matches were like waiting for the Western Union Telegram to show up at your door during World War II (or so the moderator of this board tells me).

• Bob 2

1 hour ago, Bardamu911 said:

ASU looked better than I even dared imagine, and Richie Figs looks like he can win the whole damn thing in KC. Frankly Schultz does too.

That tournament is like looking into funhouse mirrors. Schultz should AA, but he isn't even close to the top talent at his weight. He has some real physical limitations when talking about him compared to the top 2 guys at the weight. 

• Bob 1

So let me see if I understand whats happening next year:

1. ASU to Big 12

2. Stanford to ACC

And have we heard about Little Rock, Cal Poly, Bakersfield and Oregon State? Where will their wrestling programs end up for conference tournaments? 

Little Rock could go MAC or Big 12, but aren't Poly, Bakersfield and Oregon State pretty much Big 12 or bust? Has this been determined? 

One other option is the West Coast Conference sponsoring wrestling again, but that seems like a stretch. The WCC is the likely landing spot for the other Oregon State sports. 

Crazy to think we've seen the last Pac 12 tournament ever!

1 hour ago, WrestlingRash said:

That tournament is like looking into funhouse mirrors. Schultz should AA, but he isn't even close to the top talent at his weight. He has some real physical limitations when talking about him compared to the top 2 guys at the weight. 

Agreed, but he lost to Yonger 4-3. I think he can beat anyone at the weight, aside from Kerk. 

Regarding the Pac "12" tournament, 9 of Bakersfield's wrestlers went 0-3.

One wrestler had a victory in his 5th place match (lost his 1st two matches).

1-29 for the tournament.

Brutal for such a once strong and very proud program that hasn't found any footing since Coach Kerr.

45 minutes ago, OMW said:

Regarding the Pac "12" tournament, 9 of Bakersfield's wrestlers went 0-3.

One wrestler had a victory in his 5th place match (lost his 1st two matches).

1-29 for the tournament.

Brutal for such a once strong and very proud program that hasn't found any footing since Coach Kerr.

Only 9 competed. No entry at 174. They had functional teams under Rivera; I don't think it's ever been near this bad.