• Playwire Ad Area

Vito Injury Implications

Looked like his left knee got torqued underneathe crookham. Really hoping it was more of a scare than a serious injury but this could be huge with Olympic Trials around the corner. If I'm not mistaken he has a bye into the challenge tournament semi finals... wonder if he would consider sitting out the NCAA tournament to be ready for OTTs. Then again, a lot of these guys are just on a different level and compete with all kinds of injuries.

15 minutes ago, Doublehalf said:

Looked like his left knee got torqued underneathe crookham. Really hoping it was more of a scare than a serious injury but this could be huge with Olympic Trials around the corner. If I'm not mistaken he has a bye into the challenge tournament semi finals... wonder if he would consider sitting out the NCAA tournament to be ready for OTTs. Then again, a lot of these guys are just on a different level and compete with all kinds of injuries.

Is the match posted somewhere Double?

Yeeeah, that didn't look like a cursory injury.  His knee was bent in the same direction that starrocci's was when it grenaded.  Didn't look like an ACL position, but an LCL quite possible.  Head to toe scrambles claim another knee.

3 hours ago, FanOfPurdueWrestling said:

I’d hate to see him sit out NCAAs but I’d hate to see him injured for OTT. Either way Vito is the man and when he’s on he can beat anyone in the world, he’s proven that. 

Not below 61 KG (134.5lbs) he hasn't.

Weight classes exist for a reason.

• Bob 2
  • Clown 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Crookham gets the TD around 10:10 then injury happens shortly after.  Kinda reminiscent of Starocci IMO, Crookham wasn’t even moving and Vito kinda did it to himself.

Vito seemed to be moving well on the restart though, I’m thinking it may not be serious.

20 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Crookham gets the TD around 10:10 then injury happens shortly after.  Kinda reminiscent of Starocci IMO, Crookham wasn’t even moving and Vito kinda did it to himself.

Vito seemed to be moving well on the restart though, I’m thinking it may not be serious.

Yeah, Vito limping onto and off the podium was nothing.

9 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

Yeah, Vito limping onto and off the podium was nothing.

Well if it was serious they probably should have defaulted.  Slim chance of winning when down 4 with 10 seconds  left, not to mention the conference tournament doesn’t really matter anyway.

Another example of Cornell/Grey not caring about the health of their athletes like having Shapiro wrestle with a likely concussion?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Well if it was serious they probably should have defaulted.  Slim chance of winning when down 4 with 10 seconds  left, not to mention the conference tournament doesn’t really matter anyway.

Another example of Cornell/Grey not caring about the health of their athletes like having Shapiro wrestle with a likely concussion?

WTF?  

• Bob 1

10 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

WTF?  

I stand by what I said.  If they thought the injury was serious they should have defaulted.  Although Vito is almost 26 years old so they may have deferred to him.

Cornell athletic trainer not having a great year.

30 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

This is a Skip Bayless type of take trying to go so far one way with a circumstance without leaving any room for an intelligent and nuanced conversation. 

maybe you should apply to be on their show as the wrestling guest commentator to throw out some incendiary opinions to get the people talking!

• Bob 2

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

He did move well on the restart, but not after the match was over.

8 minutes ago, Doublehalf said:

This is a Skip Bayless type of take trying to go so far one way with a circumstance without leaving any room for an intelligent and nuanced conversation. 

maybe you should apply to be on their show as the wrestling guest commentator to throw out some incendiary opinions to get the people talking!

I’ll admit I was trolling @BigRedFan a bit by asking if Cornell cares about their athletes (but the Shapiro situation really wasn’t a good look - I know a nearly 26 year old world champion is a little different).  But I do feel strongly he should have defaulted if they thought it was serious.

• Bob 3

16 minutes ago, lisa morales said:

Is it Cornell or Colgate that's Ivy League?

No, it's Cornell and Aquafresh. 

Sorry, couldn't resist the bad toothpaste joke. 

2 hours ago, 1032004 said:

They should just stop matches once it's determined that the guy losing probably can't come back.  That would cut down on a lot of injuries. 

2 hours ago, 1032004 said:

I’ll admit I was trolling @BigRedFan a bit by asking if Cornell cares about their athletes (but the Shapiro situation really wasn’t a good look - I know a nearly 26 year old world champion is a little different).  But I do feel strongly he should have defaulted if they thought it was serious.

I think he is only 25!

Austin Gomez, however, will be 26 in time for nationals!

3 hours ago, 1032004 said:

(Insert ax-grinding emoji here.)

31 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

I think he is only 25!

Austin Gomez, however, will be 26 in time for nationals!

I did say nearly.  Turns 26 in June

Edited by 1032004