• Playwire Ad Area

Big 10 Wrestling Championship

1 minute ago, 1032004 said:

Iowa roster battles: Teske in at 133 (14 seed), Riggins at 184 (13), Hill at HWT (7)

Hutmacher in for Nebraska

The way they listed it made it seem like Teske would be seeded last for some reason - any color on that?  

3 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

The way they listed it made it seem like Teske would be seeded last for some reason - any color on that?  

He is listed last, I have no idea why.  He teched Rivera, and the Northwestern guy is 0-12

• Fire 1

34 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

I'm starting to get curious then - surely Brands knew this.  It would seem counter-productive to do something like this intentionally.  So then why.

Well, unless he is playing 69-dimensional chess, the only other answer I can think of is negligence/incompetence. 2 years in a row now. Embarrassing 

Edit: if Bazooka has the same type of round 1 as he did at Cliff Keen then this might look genius

Edited by Mr. PeanutButter
  • Fire 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

Well, unless he is playing 69-dimensional chess, the only other answer I can think of is negligence/incompetence. 2 years in a row now. Embarrassing 

Edit: if Bazooka has the same type of round 1 as he did at Cliff Keen then this might look genius

Or hoping for a rematch with Van Dee if he loses round 1?

30 minutes ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

Here is my theory as of now, especially since he also did it last year.  Brands disagrees with the rule, and believes he has a chance to make the committee look like fools for imposing it.  Eventually, Brands would like to be able to take advantage of mixing and matching and mixing signals on who is going where - because as a top five program they typically have the depth where they do have some decisions to make.  Maybe I've given him too much credit.  But if Teske upsets Bouzakis right off the scale, Brands can bank on having Tom Ryan and the boys from Columbus on his side for changing the rule

Edited by flyingcement

1 hour ago, Ohio Elite said:

Hamati vs Messenbrink is gonna be fireworks.

yeah probably an under the radar match because you don't think of hamiti as having a lot of momentum, and that might be true or it might be fan mentality.

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

36 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I will say it would be hilarious if Iowa misses out on 2nd (or 4th for that matter) by like 2-5 points

Not that it matters, but there is no 4th place trophy starting this year. Brands is only interested in titles. 

30 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

yeah probably an under the radar match because you don't think of hamiti as having a lot of momentum, and that might be true or it might be fan mentality.

Pretty similar “dominance” rankings.  Both don’t have a signature win, yet dominate who they are expected to.

5854D74E-9370-4AF1-A040-E6106332F90F.jpeg

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.

1 minute ago, jchapman said:

Pretty similar “dominance” rankings.  Both don’t have a signature win, yet dominate who they are expected to.

5854D74E-9370-4AF1-A040-E6106332F90F.jpeg

yeah when I talked about fan mentality i was definitely aware of the penn state magic touch we're all afraid of....

keckeisen at wrong weight btw...

• Fire 1

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

2 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Iowa roster battles: Teske in at 133 (14 seed), Riggins at 184 (13), Hill at HWT (7)

Hutmacher in for Nebraska

Well there goes Cooter's NFL career

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

2 hours ago, flyingcement said:

surely Brands knew this.  It would seem counter-productive to do something like this intentionally.  So then why.

You are asking the wrong question.

2 hours ago, flyingcement said:

They said when they were releasing the pre seeds that Teske was a replacement, whenever that happens they get the last seed 

55 minutes ago, Hwt1 said:

Not that it matters, but there is no 4th place trophy starting this year. Brands is only interested in titles. 

Aren't we talking about the B1G tourney and not NCAA tourney...

• Fire 1