• Playwire Ad Area

FRL would be good if they talked about wrestling.

4 hours ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

Hard book to read, but so worth it! 

As for Flo, it would be good if they didn't have commercials on their tweets. Who the **** does that? What they are basically providing is a commercial for somebody else on top of a commercial for themselves. And the commercials during their broadcasts of events occasionally interrupt the match you're watching, and we don't have TIVO to zap it. When they don't interrupt the match, they interrupt the end-of-match celebrations, the coach's reaction, the raising of the hand (As a community, we disrespect refs so ******* much it's incredible, check out the wall of invisible refs below).

Also, if you want to look at video from a wrestler named "Mark Smith," well, **** you. There are eighty Mark Smiths in their database, and they are not maintained in any logical order. You have to go through all of the avatars to find your Mark Smith, and that means wading through all the Mark Smiths who wrestled in a JV high school tournament in 2019. 

Their cameras were bought from Charlie Chaplin's film production company. C'mon, man, 360 pixels is the same as the video that your uncle sent to you of his dog and new girlfriend back in 2006. And Trackwrestling. Oh my!

I will watch FRL during NCAA tournament time. 

ILLINIWRESTLING893.jpg

Hey- this is an Ollie hate thread, not an FRL hate thread. Fall in line buckeroo. One dragon to slay at a time. 

• Fire 1

38 minutes ago, FanOfPurdueWrestling said:

Hey- this is an Ollie hate thread, not an FRL hate thread. Fall in line buckeroo. One dragon to slay at a time. 

Just want to be on the record that I have no hate for Ollie.  That's a pretty strong word.   I just have a criticism towards his persona that appears to me terrible acting as some caricature of a Long Island wise guy.  Has he told some story about a possible connection to the mafia yet? 

The podcast itself is fine.  I listen regularly.  I do find it amusing that Pyles got his career from our very own @Husker_Du  posting on messages boards and now he calls them/us a cesspool.  It's somehow beneath him now even though he hijacks our topics for his show.   Pyles is that classic story of the D&D nerd who dumps his friends after getting a seat at the jock table by default and now sh*ts on the very thing he used to love. Feel free to pass that along @Jon_Kozak

Edited by PortaJohn
  • Fire 2

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

1 hour ago, PortaJohn said:

Just want to be on the record that I have no hate for Ollie.  That's a pretty strong word.   I just have a criticism towards his persona that appears to me terrible acting as some caricature of a Long Island wise guy.  Has he told some story about a possible connection to the mafia yet? 

The podcast itself is fine.  I listen regularly.  I do find it amusing that Pyles got his career from our very own @Husker_Du  posting on messages boards and now he calls them/us a cesspool.  It's somehow beneath him now even though he hijacks our topics for his show.   Pyles is that classic story of the D&D nerd who dumps his friends after getting a seat at the jock table by default and now sh*ts on the very thing he used to love. Feel free to pass that along @Jon_Kozak

Good call out. I dislike Ollie as a guest/host, I do not have anything personal to say about him and he really does seem well liked by the guys.

I didn’t mean to be an asshole, but I guess I definitely was.