• Playwire Ad Area

EIWA Seed Guesses/Interactive Bracket

30 minutes ago, lisa morales said:

Where is Lehigh located?  I know at one time they were Ivy League.  

"It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so."

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, flyingcement said:

I think so - because Orine or Ragusin could be able to get the third seed - Vito could be 4th or 5th - and have another match with Crookham!  Fix actually benefits by being ranked 2nd if thats how it plays out.  

Assuming Ragusin wins his final match at B1Gs (no guarantees the way that tournament is going!), I expect:

Crookham

Fix

Ragusin

Vito

I don't think Orin jumps Vito (but I've been wrong before!)

Top 4 here is pick-um, IMO.

Seeding at 125 is going to be a mess.  No telling where Stanich will end up.

Edited by Red Blades
spelling, expanded

Mike Joyce seeded #10 in EIWA at 125 finished fourth for an automatic NCAA Tournament qualification . Mike is Brown’s first wrestler to qualify since the 2019 tournament when #26 seeded Ian Butterbrodt (BRWN) at 285 made it to the blood round, finishing in top 12. Brown still has a long way to go, but with an excellent incoming class, and a great coaching staff now installed, there will be more to come in the next few years. 

IMG_1739.jpeg

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1
  • Wrestle 1

11 hours ago, Brownwrestler1975 said:

Mike Joyce seeded #10 in EIWA at 125 finished fourth for an automatic NCAA Tournament qualification . Mike is Brown’s first wrestler to qualify since the 2019 tournament when #26 seeded Ian Butterbrodt (BRWN) at 285 made it to the blood round, finishing in top 12. Brown still has a long way to go, but with an excellent incoming class, and a great coaching staff now installed, there will be more to come in the next few years. 

IMG_1739.jpeg

Providence is nice town and nice to see the Bears on the rise!

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, Elevator said:

Providence is nice town and nice to see the Bears on the rise!

I'm rooting for Jordan Leen & Co. to pull that program up.

And while we are at it - how about Zach Tanelli's Columbia team?!  90.5 team points, two champs, and finished tied with Penn for 4th.  Not too bad!

Edited by Red Blades
  • Bob 1

Ian Butterbrodt: 2018-19: Qualified for the NCAA Championships (Mar. 21-23), winning three matches and advancing to the round of 12 … Placed second at the EIWA Championships (Mar. 8-9) … Earned First Team All-Ivy honors … Gained Academic All-Ivy accolades … Collected EIWA All-Academic laurels … Garnered NWCA All-Academic plaudits … Won the program’s Michael T. Wallace Most Valuable Performer Award and Ralph Anderton-Edward Durgin Award … Went 21-8 on the year for first collegiate 20-win season … Finished 11-0 in duals, including an 8-0 EIWA dual mark … Ranked third on the team in wins (21), second in major decisions (six), third in duals wins (11), third in EIWA dual wins (eight), third in dual points (40), and first in dual major decisions (four) … Tallied a 40-0 advantage in dual points … Posted six major decisions and a technical fall on the year … Won 14 straight matches from Jan. 11 to Mar. 9 … Gained three wins at the EIWA Championships … Posted 11 shutouts on the year, including seven shutouts in dual competition … Earned Ivy dual wins over Penn (Feb. 2), Princeton (Feb. 2), Columbia (Feb. 16), and Harvard (Feb. 21) … Added EIWA dual wins over Bucknell (Jan. 19), Binghamton (Jan. 26), Hofstra (Feb. 16), and Sacred Heart (Feb. 23).

IMG_1748.webp

• Bob 1

On 3/9/2024 at 9:13 AM, ugarles said:

damn. hope he's ok by November. 

It didn't look good.  Cornella had to be helped off the floor, guys on either side helping, dragging the injured leg.  I've seen miracles before, but I wouldn't bet anything that he makes it to KC.  He's still in the brackets (annoyingly on Track, not Flo).

Not sure about Foca.  Maybe he could have continued in his final bout, but why risk it when he had a qualifying spot locked up and could only score one team point when the team title was already decided.  He didn't look much different from Hines, who injured a shoulder in the semis and looked to be in a lot of pain but managed to continue and completed the tournament; different situation, he didn't have a qualifying spot assured.

• Bob 1

1 hour ago, jdalu75 said:

It didn't look good.  Cornella had to be helped off the floor, guys on either side helping, dragging the injured leg.  I've seen miracles before, but I wouldn't bet anything that he makes it to KC.  He's still in the brackets (annoyingly on Track, not Flo).

Not sure about Foca.  Maybe he could have continued in his final bout, but why risk it when he had a qualifying spot locked up and could only score one team point when the team title was already decided.  He didn't look much different from Hines, who injured a shoulder in the semis and looked to be in a lot of pain but managed to continue and completed the tournament; different situation, he didn't have a qualifying spot assured.

At least there will be an alternate at 141 if Cornella can't compete, so Coach Grey can't pull a full Suriano.

So we have Starocci, Griffith, and Cornella who are entered but have serious injury issues.  Anyone else?

Edited by BigRedFan