• Playwire Ad Area

What constitutes stalling on top?

PSULou64

This is supposedly an excerpt from the rule book.

On-the-Mat Stalling Situations
This slight change specifies that the offensive wrestler must work toward obtaining near fall points and/or a pin to avoid stalling. The rule now states; “Offensive…stalling situations also include: The offensive wrestler does not aggressively attempt to break down the opponent and work toward obtaining near fall points and/or a pin.” The italicized portion was added this year.

2 hours ago, PSULou64 said:

This is supposedly an excerpt from the rule book.

On-the-Mat Stalling Situations
This slight change specifies that the offensive wrestler must work toward obtaining near fall points and/or a pin to avoid stalling. The rule now states; “Offensive…stalling situations also include: The offensive wrestler does not aggressively attempt to break down the opponent and work toward obtaining near fall points and/or a pin.” The italicized portion was added this year.

My bet is the refs won’t call it at NCAAs.   Or conference.   I’ve already seen a lot of dual / duel’s let it slide.  

We don’t need new rules.  We need the rules called like they were years ago.  

On 2/27/2024 at 4:24 PM, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

I've said it before, but I wrestled in a square.  Never used the 10' apart lines, but they were on more than one mat I competed on.

I think tech fall became a thing my sophomore year.

I remember seeing scores at the state tournament that blew my mind in the pre-techfall era. I remember a kid from Midwest City beating an opponent 34-9! 

On 2/27/2024 at 3:39 PM, TexRef said:

Was that back when the red & green lines were in the 10' circle and when the wrestling area was a square, not in a circle? 

Mats are for pussies. 

18 hours ago, Caveira said:

Does the definition of stalling change pre or post Andonian’ing your knee?

Interesting that Stall Rocky was actually going the extra mile to get the fall despite his rep as a staller.

Perhaps Coach Clemsen was misunderstood during the Maryland dual and he was actually deeply concerned about Carter's safety in going for the pin on a hapless Terrapin?

23 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Interesting that Stall Rocky was actually going the extra mile to get the fall despite his rep as a staller.

Perhaps Coach Clemsen was misunderstood during the Maryland dual and he was actually deeply concerned about Carter's safety in going for the pin on a hapless Terrapin?

1 out of 10

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

10 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

1 out of 10

I'm not trashing him.  He had a reputation of not trying to score a lot of points earlier in career.  This seemed to change toward the end of last season if not before.  For the most part this season, he was scoring a ton of bonus.  With this in mind, it is crazy that he was injured with the tech secured and trying to get the pin.

Plus a few weeks ago, he infuriated Maryland by actually pinning a kid, which I thought was absurd on Clemsens's part.

With all this in mind, it is a strange situation.

3 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Perhaps he has a different strategy vs someone whose record is slightly better than 10-17?