• Playwire Ad Area

Rutgers vs Princeton this Sunday

feet2back

I'm not sure what the deal is w/Glory... is he rumored to be having trouble cutting/ staying @ 125?

Will jumping up to 133 into an already crowded and talented field be a jump too far?

(I guess we'll have to stay tuned for further developments as they happen.)

D3

2 hours ago, D3 for LU said:

I'm not sure what the deal is w/Glory... is he rumored to be having trouble cutting/ staying @ 125?

Will jumping up to 133 into an already crowded and talented field be a jump too far?

(I guess we'll have to stay tuned for further developments as they happen.)

D3

Yes, the cut is too big for him. He struggles making weight every year 

• Fire 1

from the Princeton site

B1G-IVY RIVALRY SET TO CONTINUE SUNDAY AS RUTGERS VISITS

Princeton's first home dual meet of the season will bring Rutgers to Jadwin Gym for a 2 p.m. start Sunday in the 86th meeting between the teams.

vs. #17 Rutgers, Sunday, 2 p.m. | ESPN+ & NBC Sports Philadelphia | Int'l Video | Live Scoring Match Program | Tickets

Princeton's 2020 win over Rutgers, 18-15 in Jadwin Gym, was its first win over Rutgers since 1990. The Scarlet Knights lead the all-time series 44-36-5. Rutgers won last season 24-13 in Piscataway. Rutgers' lineup Sunday will look more different than Princeton's from the 2021 meeting. Five Rutgers wrestlers on the team's list of probables for Sunday's meet wrestled in the 2021 matchup, and for Princeton, seven who wrestled in the 2021 meeting are in the Tigers' probables for Sunday.

Here's a weight-by-weight look at the matchup: 

Probables: Patrick Glory vs. Dylan Shawver or Dean Peterson
Glory, ranked No. 2 in the nation by several outlets, defeated both of Rutgers' probables, No. 20 Dylan Shawver and Dean Peterson, by decision on his way to the Princeton Open title earlier this season. Glory was was a winner by major decision over Shawver in last season's dual.

Probables: Sean Pierson vs. Joe Heilmann
Pierson battled a pair of top-20 opponents last Sunday at the Garden State Grapple in Wisconsin's Taylor LaMont and Michigan State's Rayvon Foley, losing by decision to both. Based on the probables, Pierson would face another this Sunday in Heilmann, who is ranked as high as No. 9 in the nation by Amateur Wrestling News.

Probables: Danny Coles vs. Sammy Alvarez
Coles has been Princeton's entrant at 141 in all three dual matches, with two of those going to the opponent by decision and one by major decision. Two of those opponents were InterMat-ranked, in No. 32 Cayden Rooks of Indiana and No. 19 Joe Zargo of Wisconsin. Alvarez is ranked as high as No. 6 nationally by Amateur Wrestling News.

Probables: Rocco Camillaci vs. Anthony White
Camillaci, who had four wins at the season-opening Princeton Open, wrestled at 149 in all three dual matches so far as a rookie. Rutgers' White is ranked as high as No. 23 nationally by WrestleStat. 

Probables: Quincy Monday vs. Andrew Clark or Al DeSantis
Monday, ranked No. 1 in the nation by several outlets, is 2-0 this season with wins against Indiana and most recently on Sunday against Michigan State's InterMat No. 15-ranked Chase Saldate. Clark has an honorable mention ranking from FloWrestling and competed at 165 in last season's meeting, losing to Blaine Bergey in an 8-5 decision.

Probables: Blaine Bergey vs. Connor O'Neill
Bergey has wrestled in all three dual matches this season, winning twice, including against InterMat-No. 32 Caleb Fish of Michigan State last Sunday. Connor O'Neill wrestled in last year's meeting at 174, defeating Nate Dugan

Probables: Kole Mulhauser vs. Jackson Turley or Eric Freeman
Mulhauser entered a national ranking this week at No. 33 by WrestleStat and won both his bouts at last Sunday's Garden State Grapple. His lone loss this season was to then-InterMat-No. 17 Donnell Washington of Indiana in the dual opener. Turley is ranked as high as No. 18 by Wrestling Insider Newsmagazine. 

Probables: Nate Dugan vs. Brian Soldano or John Poznanski
Dugan has wrestled at 184 in all three duals this season, getting a win in the opener against Indiana before two decision losses, including to InterMat-No. 16 Layne Malczewski of Michigan State last Sunday. Soldano is ranked as high as No. 7 nationally by WrestleStat, and Poznanski wrestled at the weight in last season's meeting, winning by major decision.

Probables: Luke Stout vs. Billy Janzer or Kyle Epperly
Stout is ranked as high as No. 16 nationally, by both InterMat and WrestleStat, and has won two of three in duals this season. Last Sunday, Stout had a sudden-victory loss to Wisconsin's Braxton Amos, then ranked No. 20 by InterMat, and a win over Michigan State's Cameron Calley, then ranked No. 17 by InterMat. Rutgers does not have a wrestler ranked at the weight, and neither Janzer nor Epperly wrestled in the 2021 dual.

HWT
Probables: Matt Cover, Travis Stefanik or Sebastian Garibaldi vs. Boone McDermott
Stefanik wrestled in the dual against Indiana while Cover wrestled in both matches last Sunday. Cover, ranked No. 32 nationally by WrestleStat, wrestled in last season's dual, a 6-4, sudden-victory loss to McDermott, who is ranked as high as No. 23 nationally by InterMat.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

RU wins 17-16 on criteria despite Alvarez losing an absolutely horrendous match. Shouldn't even have been so close but they found a way to pull it out thanks to late wins by Turley, Soldano (MD), and McDermott

Alvarez still looks big for 141 - wonder if he had a late growth spurt and needs to go 149.  

Soldano continues to impress.  He has a very exciting style also.  

4 hours ago, Pinnacle said:

Glory won, but he did not look great imho. I can't see this version of Glory beating Spencer Lee. 

Alvarez lost to Coles which is the upset that Princeton needed to maybe win the dual. 

How about the version of Spencer Lee that wrestled against ISU?

59 minutes ago, D3 for LU said:

Forgive me if I erred here... but is this Glory's first match of the season? I caught the last 30 seconds of his bout on ESPN+... just a regular decision. 1st time for his cut to 125 may have been a factor?

D3

He won the Princeton open at the start of the season and beat the same kid from Rutgers 6-5 ….Peterson is the real deal and top recruit and probably an AA this year 

• Fire 1

21 minutes ago, D3 for LU said:

Forgive me if I erred here... but is this Glory's first match of the season? I caught the last 30 seconds of his bout on ESPN+... just a regular decision. 1st time for his cut to 125 may have been a factor?

D3

tanxs for the info... do appreciate it!

D3

https://www.wrestlestat.com/wrestler/51100/glory-patrick/profile

• Fire 1

On 12/11/2022 at 6:24 PM, flyingcement said:

Alvarez still looks big for 141 - wonder if he had a late growth spurt and needs to go 149.  

Soldano continues to impress.  He has a very exciting style also.  

Yeah I think it’s definitely possible for next year since Heilmann is gone so it would actually work out nicely.

125: Peterson/Shawver

133: Peterson/Shawver

141: Oliveri

149: Alvarez

157: White

• Fire 1