• Playwire Ad Area

Will Yonger Bastida beat Hendrickson? Will he beat Kerkvliet?

NM1965

On 2/25/2024 at 6:36 AM, Tigerfan said:

Rocky Elam has owned Bastida at 197. Very curious how that will impact Zach Elam’s match strategy. Bastida has been giving 285 a collective spanking so far this year. Can big Elam shut him down in neutral, and probably more importantly, get a turn or 2 on top? 

Just finally got around to watching the MU flu vs Iowa State dual and Zach Elam looked like a Dom Bradley coached Hwt.  Those of you that have followed Bradley over the years know he is the master of doing hardly nothing to win and lose 1 pt matches.  Those days are over as athletic hwts (see Bastida) are becoming more the norm and will win matches using speed, offense, and technique.  As long as Bradley is coaching hwts at Mizzou, this will be your product.  It may be good enough to get on the bottom steps of the podium, but the top steps are going to be filled by men that are big, quick athletes.  Kinda like going to the HS state and watching the fat Hwts titty fight for 3 periods and go into overtime.  Sampson Stillwell didn't have a match last a period at state in Missouri because he is a man among boys and wrestles like a lighter weight.  He is committed to wrestle at Mizzou.  I hope Bradley doesn't ruin him when he gets there.  I only can imagine what Mizzous upperweights would be like if Cox was in the room.  Now let's take it one more step while we are dreaming.  How about an Askren and a Cox in the same room.  One could only wish.

• Fire 2

1 hour ago, MidwestMan said:

Just finally got around to watching the MU flu vs Iowa State dual and Zach Elam looked like a Dom Bradley coached Hwt.  Those of you that have followed Bradley over the years know he is the master of doing hardly nothing to win and lose 1 pt matches.  Those days are over as athletic hwts (see Bastida) are becoming more the norm and will win matches using speed, offense, and technique.  As long as Bradley is coaching hwts at Mizzou, this will be your product.  It may be good enough to get on the bottom steps of the podium, but the top steps are going to be filled by men that are big, quick athletes.  Kinda like going to the HS state and watching the fat Hwts titty fight for 3 periods and go into overtime.  Sampson Stillwell didn't have a match last a period at state in Missouri because he is a man among boys and wrestles like a lighter weight.  He is committed to wrestle at Mizzou.  I hope Bradley doesn't ruin him when he gets there.  I only can imagine what Mizzous upperweights would be like if Cox was in the room.  Now let's take it one more step while we are dreaming.  How about an Askren and a Cox in the same room.  One could only wish.

doing hardly nothing to win means you are doing a lot to win

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.

38 minutes ago, jchapman said:

doing hardly nothing to win means you are doing a lot to win

"I'm going to a state school in Missouri for a world-renowned education to learn the intricacies of grammar of the American English language!"

-no one ever

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

i am an idiot on the internet

23 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Great stuff! Poor Elam last week....

@MidwestMan is correct regarding the regression of offense from Elam. He went from a dynamic undersized underclassman with a sky high outlook boasting a junior world silver on his resume to a boring AA-type. I hope he fundamentally alters his methodology for the sake of his senior level prospects.

• Fire 1

i am an idiot on the internet

On 2/27/2024 at 7:37 PM, BloodRound said:

I am ready for this tweet to age poorly come March...

Or maybe this comment.

Remember the shit Austin Gomez talked and how he got humbled at NCAAs? 

On 2/27/2024 at 8:15 PM, bnwtwg said:

@MidwestMan is correct regarding the regression of offense from Elam. He went from a dynamic undersized underclassman with a sky high outlook boasting a junior world silver on his resume to a boring AA-type. I hope he fundamentally alters his methodology for the sake of his senior level prospects.

Zach got smoked by Bastida in the dual 13-4. Also guys earlier were talking about how Bastida can't beat Rocky. He actually has a couple wins over Rocky from early in his career. 

• Fire 1