• Playwire Ad Area

NCAA.com site for wrestling sucks

AgaveMaria

Check out the NCAA.com site for wrestling and it is frustrating. Articles are old. Not kept up to date.

Their Basketball site is apparently updated daily - maybe even more than that.

They don't seem to care about wrestling. Not sure about other "minor sports" as I don't follow them.

Any way to push these jokers to do a better job?

• Fire 2

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

2 hours ago, AgaveMaria said:

Check out the NCAA.com site for wrestling and it is frustrating. Articles are old. Not kept up to date.

Their Basketball site is apparently updated daily - maybe even more than that.

They don't seem to care about wrestling. Not sure about other "minor sports" as I don't follow them.

Any way to push these jokers to do a better job?

The only way to get them to "care" would be if their job depended on it, or keeping the site current made them money. 

Site does a couple stories a week. Recaps, previews, feature. I’ve noticed the main scroll doesn’t always update with the most recent story, but Shannon Scovel does a fine job - remember, that is a general information type of site. Our sport as a whole doesn’t mandate NCAA stats, so we don’t provide a score API like most of the team sports do. I wouldn’t think any fan of any niche sport would go to their site for breaking news - that’s what sites like this are for.
I’ll often include the features in my newsletter - but if anyone expects them to provide things our sport doesn’t provide ourselves already, you need to reset your expectations of what their .com is.

Insert catchy tagline here. 

I used to work for a particular sales company…….   We sold a ton of products.  One of which was the lion’s share of our revenue.   That products info / stats / specs were updated constantly.   The others rarely.   Grow the sport.   Money matters imo.    

31 minutes ago, Caveira said:

I used to work for a particular sales company…….   We sold a ton of products.  One of which was the lion’s share of our revenue.   That products info / stats / specs were updated constantly.   The others rarely.   Grow the sport.   Money matters imo.    

“Grow the sport”

I think everyone has a desire to grow the sport, unfortunately those in place to do so don’t know how to. 

• Fire 1