• Playwire Ad Area

If Keegan O'Toole, Julian Ramirez, and Mitchell Mesenbrink win out, and Carr beats Olejnik

VakAttack

Just now, VakAttack said:

It seems pretty clear to me we're unlikely to get O'Toole/Carr in the finals, even though those are (to my mind) the two best guys, with Mesenbrink just behind.

as long as those three aren't on the same side....

though I tried to guess the NCAA seeds but it was too hard....

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

Just now, Hammerlock3 said:

as long as those three aren't on the same side....

though I tried to guess the NCAA seeds but it was too hard....

If my (fairly likely) scenario plays out, I think the seeding plays out pretty cleanly at the top:

1.  O'Toole

2. Mesenbrink

3. Ramirez

4.  Carr

5-8.  Olenjnik/Caliendo/Hamiti/Hall (depending on head to heads at conferences

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

If my (fairly likely) scenario plays out, I think the seeding plays out pretty cleanly at the top:

1.  O'Toole

2. Mesenbrink

3. Ramirez

4.  Carr

Carr may be happy with that.  Does it matter semi vs final?

Just now, ionel said:

Carr may be happy with that.  Does it matter semi vs final?

It matters to me as the fan, I want the best possible matches in the finals.  I'm sure it matters somewhat to Carr, as wrestling a 5 in the quarters is typically going to be tougher than the 6 or 7, but I think there's clear separation between the top 3 and the next step down, which, in my opinion, is Ramirez and Olejnik.  I think the Ramirez over Carr result is flukish (I know Cornell fans are going to be pissed about that, but it's just my opinion.)

• Fire 2

3 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

It matters to me as the fan, I want the best possible matches in the finals.  I'm sure it matters somewhat to Carr, as wrestling a 5 in the quarters is typically going to be tougher than the 6 or 7, but I think there's clear separation between the top 3 and the next step down, which, in my opinion, is Ramirez and Olejnik.  I think the Ramirez over Carr result is flukish (I know Cornell fans are going to be pissed about that, but it's just my opinion.)

If O'Toole beats Carr twice in the next ~3 weeks and Mesenbrink is undefeated, I think Carr will be quite happy to not be on Mesenbrink Ramirez side.  Everyone still gets the best 2 semis & final.

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, ionel said:

If O'Toole beats Carr twice in the next ~3 weeks and Mesenbrink is undefeated, I think Carr will be quite happy to not be on Mesenbrink Ramirez side.  Everyone still gets the best 2 semis & final.

You think if Carr loses to O'Toole twice he's going to want to be on O'Toole's side of the bracket?

• Fire 1

54 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

You think if Carr loses to O'Toole twice he's going to want to be on O'Toole's side of the bracket?

Yes hell know what to work on, won't have to worry about Mesenbrink or Ramirez yet who already beat him.  But there are tons of cards yet to be played.  Olejnik & Mesenbrink face in 1.5 wk, what if Hall beats KOT at B12, what if KOT enters NCAA with 1 loss or 2 losses.  Who has Mesenbrink beat ... etc etc. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, VakAttack said:

1.  O'Toole

2. Mesenbrink

3. Ramirez

4.  Carr

it just gets weird with carr having two shots at Otoole, who knows what happens if they split? Does that up Ramirez? WVU is in the big 12 right? Hall might screw everything up....

Can't we just enjoy the fact that there are going to be some great matchups instead of worrying about whether what we think is going to be the perfect matchup happens in the finals?

If I can get some good Iowa odds I'm still betting that the best wrestler wins the NC.  

Edited by ionel
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, ionel said:

Can't we just enjoy the fact that there are going to be some great matchups instead of worrying about whether what we think is going to be the perfect matchup happens in the finals?

If I can get some good Iowa odds I'm still betting that the best wrestler wins the NC.  

Absolutely not. 

• Fire 3
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, ionel said:

is this a joke?

Just now, Hammerlock3 said:

its not impossible, but no more so the idea that we shouldn't be discussing the topic....if you were joking you got me.

Where did I say we couldn't/shouldn't  discuss?

1 hour ago, ionel said:

I am really going to enjoy this weight class and respect to all of these outstanding competitors!  Fun!

10 minutes ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

What if Carr can consistently beat MM who consistently beats KOT who turned the corner last march and now consistently whoops Carr. In this hypothetical, who is the best wrestler? 

The one how wins NCAA. 

• Fire 1