• Playwire Ad Area

FRL 1000

7 minutes ago, FanOfPurdueWrestling said:

really? He’s soooooo loud and obnoxious. He even had to make episode 1000 about himself when it was really CP’s day. 

I can only judge him from afar though, so what do I know. 

Sorry for the ignorance, but which one is Ollie?  The host?

Nevermind - I see him now lol - I thought he was being tongue in cheek with that statement there, but hard to say 🙂

Edited by flyingcement

13 minutes ago, FanOfPurdueWrestling said:

really? He’s soooooo loud and obnoxious. He even had to make episode 1000 about himself when it was really CP’s day. 

I can only judge him from afar though, so what do I know. 

He was kidding around. 

12 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Sorry for the ignorance, but which one is Ollie?  The host?

Nevermind - I see him now lol - I thought he was being tongue in cheek with that statement there, but hard to say 🙂

Jason Bryant was being tongue-in-cheek? Or loud obnoxious constantly being a pick me girl Ollie was?  

Just now, Le duke said:

From a purely human perspective it’s great to see Willie and the Flo guys speaking again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Willie mentioned on his podcast how he was “railroaded” by then but it was essentially nice to forgive and forget. 

where can I get a quick overview on the fallout? 

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, FanOfPurdueWrestling said:

Jason Bryant was being tongue-in-cheek? Or loud obnoxious constantly being a pick me girl Ollie was?  

From my perspective I thought that Ollie was being tongue in cheek.  However, as you can clearly see, I had no idea who he was before this show, I don't watch the show regularly, so its just based on how I would interpret the actions of a stranger.  It sounds like you watch more often and have a longer history of this feeling towards him, and I wouldn't be in a position to comment on anything other than this episode.  

6 minutes ago, FanOfPurdueWrestling said:

Willie mentioned on his podcast how he was “railroaded” by then but it was essentially nice to forgive and forget. 

Willie has a free video on Rokfin (or used to).  I'm looking for it now - hold on

edit: here it is 
https://www.rokfin.com/post/4739/Why-I-Left-Flo

Edited by flyingcement

7 hours ago, FanOfPurdueWrestling said:

Not exactly quick, but covering “the Willie trials” are kinda what put Stalemates on the map.  Looks like Day 5 is when CP took the stand, IIRC he didn’t really come off so badly.   The whole trial was on YouTube thanks to Covid, and if you really have a lot of time a Penn State forum poster  /lawyer uploaded them to YouTube  (search Scottpilutik), but Stalemates did a good job recapping

• Fire 1

9 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Willie has a free video on Rokfin (or used to).  I'm looking for it now - hold on

edit: here it is 
https://www.rokfin.com/post/4739/Why-I-Left-Flo

I watched it. If he's talking about what I think he's talking about then he's essentially saying he posted a fairly cryptic tweet about decades of abuse in Ohio, much of which involved wrestlers, the school called flo, they bitched him out, he found that morally wrong so he left. 

From that explanation I think he did the right thing. And I don't doubt that happened because a common criticism of FRL is tap dancing and beating around the bush on rumors or serious topics. They're too scared to do any journalism so it's all rankings, picks, and banter. Which is fine but it's not news.

Edited by forkemaz
Spelling

9 hours ago, FanOfPurdueWrestling said:

Ollie? Yes he was joking. I don’t find his persona funny is the problem. He hams up the worst parts of people from the east coast. 

If you find Ollie loud and obnoxious, how do you feel about Chael?

• Haha 1

After watching some of that stalemates it appears the tweet may have been over something way more innocuous than the Ohio sex abuse scandal, which makes the whole thing more pathetic. But I haven't heard anyone spell out what Willie's tweet was saying.

1 hour ago, forkemaz said:

After watching some of that stalemates it appears the tweet may have been over something way more innocuous than the Ohio sex abuse scandal, which makes the whole thing more pathetic. But I haven't heard anyone spell out what Willie's tweet was saying.

I can’t remember the whole story now. I don’t think the tweet was really why he left, but it may have been the straw that broke the camel’s back.  But yeah, pretty sure that particular tweet was pretty much just saying that Ohio State wasn’t wrestling well

3 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I can’t remember the whole story now. I don’t think the tweet was really why he left, but it may have been the straw that broke the camel’s back.  But yeah, pretty sure that particular tweet was pretty much just saying that Ohio State wasn’t wrestling well

Wasn't it something open to interpretation like, "What is going on in Columbus?"

• Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Wasn't it something open to interpretation like, "What is going on in Columbus?"

Much like his recent video, "What's wrong with Iowa".  Flo probably would have censored him on this as well.  Going out on his own he has more journalistic freedom.

• Fire 2

25 minutes ago, MNRodent said:

Much like his recent video, "What's wrong with Iowa".  Flo probably would have censored him on this as well.  Going out on his own he has more journalistic freedom.

Agree. I think the split has served both parties well. It is just such a shame that Flo had to be such dicks about it.

• Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

2 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

It's absolutely pathetic how petty all of that is from top to bottom and the fact there was a court case is embarrassing. There is good and bad things about flo but this makes them look like stupid bullies who are all about brand. It also makes the coaches look like giant cry babies. 

Gross stuff.