• Playwire Ad Area

If Magic Man pulls a third puberty out of his hat, can he take Sadulaev?

Theo Brixton

If Magic Man pulls a third puberty out of his hat, can he take Sadulaev?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. If Magic Man pulls a third puberty out of his hat, can he take Sadulaev?

• Definitely
    • Not sure but I'd love to see it.
    • No way, Sadulaev is the GOAT.
    • Cael had Taylor on puberty blockers so technically his "transition" to 86 kg constitutes his first puberty.

I still think styles makes matches and Cox is our best bet against the Tank.

That said, I would pay good money to see DT or Yazdani against the Tank.  I would also pay good money to see Snyder against Yazdani.

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

DT vs Sad.   Interesting match up.   First, DT has to beat KS.   They have plenty of opportunities to check that version out in practice everyday.   So I guess we will see.  I don't see DT getting over that hill but they know each other by now and I don't hear any noise about this other than here.  

It would be nice if Sad went to a ton of tourneys and gave that kind of exposure to lots of different folks.   But why do that and risk injury when he can mostly just walk into worlds or Olys and win it all.  

I disagree about Cox.   For all his bluster, he cannot even win WCs the last two years.   But that is reason to think he can move up a weight and take on Sad?   I don't think so.  I don't think he beats Snyder as Snyder proved in March of this year.   Cox is good and has medalled everytime he has gone out there.  So he is very good.   But he needs to win his own non-Olympic bracket before he can think he can take on the Olympic bracket at 97kg.   Just my opinion. 

DT would have to look like hulk to get to 97 or the blob.   I think he is the right size where he is at and why move up a weight?  He is the champ and anyone can try to knock him off his throne.  So far, it looks like only Yaz is capable and didn't look that good this last go around. 

mspart

• Fire 1

I don't think the version from the last two WC would beat him.  I think that version of Cox was too focused on 97 KG and the failure to earn that spot.  I think it's been eating him up inside to where he can't put the needed 110% focus towards that.

I think the Cox that went unscored on in 2019 is still in there and I think if he can tap in to that level again, that then he becomes our best option.

I don't think DT beats Snyder in a match if it ever happens.  Ever.  Bad matchup there.

I do think a DT match against Sadulaev and Ghasempour are good, easy sells.

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Question isn't asking about 86 kg Taylor-- it's asking about the hypothetical scenario where DT is a fully-formed 97 kg. In that scenario, I think DT is a clear favorite over Snyder. He's just far more dynamic than Snyder and if Taylor completely filled out, horsepower would not be the deciding factor.

1 minute ago, Theo Brixton said:

Question isn't asking about 86 kg Taylor-- it's asking about the hypothetical scenario where DT is a fully-formed 97 kg. In that scenario, I think DT is a clear favorite over Snyder. He's just far more dynamic than Snyder and if Taylor completely filled out, horsepower would not be the deciding factor.

Some would say the same about Cox.  Didn’t go well though.  Snyder is outstanding. Would love to see the match.  Not sure which way I would bet.

2 minutes ago, Dark Energy said:

Some would say the same about Cox.  Didn’t go well though.  Snyder is outstanding. Would love to see the match.  Not sure which way I would bet.

Cox has all the physical tools but lacks the killer instinct. And he hasn't committed to 97 kg completely--regardless of his issues at the scale. 

10 minutes ago, Theo Brixton said:

No chance this happens (among other reasons, why would Taylor sacrifice at least one, probably two years in his prime to make the weight change), but good topic and funny title. 

I would pick Snyder if Taylor put on 24 pounds to challenge him.  Snyder would still be materially stronger and his technique is really sharp, so he can stay out of the scrambles Taylor would want.  

• Fire 1

14 minutes ago, dragit said:

No chance this happens (among other reasons, why would Taylor sacrifice at least one, probably two years in his prime to make the weight change), but good topic and funny title. 

I would pick Snyder if Taylor put on 24 pounds to challenge him.  Snyder would still be materially stronger and his technique is really sharp, so he can stay out of the scrambles Taylor would want.  

I know this isn't happening, it's purely hypothetical. In this hypothetical scenario it's Treigning Lab Taylor, not biscuits n' gravy Davey. He has the frame to handle the extra weight but would need hormonal assistance for it to be lean mass.

• Fire 2

22 hours ago, Theo Brixton said:

I know this isn't happening, it's purely hypothetical. In this hypothetical scenario it's Treigning Lab Taylor, not biscuits n' gravy Davey. He has the frame to handle the extra weight but would need hormonal assistance for it to be lean mass.

What is  biscuits n' gravy Davey? And by hormonal assistance do your mean PEDs? I gots to know.

Funny, when I google "biscuits n' gravy" those images doesn't pop up. Maybe mom needs to change the search settings...

@RedPanda--"biscuits n' gravy Davey" is the David Taylor that reaches 97 kg by eating like a high school offensive linemen trying to crack the varsity lineup. No regard for the quality of the weight gained. 

You may be aware Treigning Lab does things in a more "scientific" way. One might expect Treigning Lab Taylor to fill out to 97 kg with more lean body mass. How they achieve this is an interesting topic in its own right...

Title should be self-explanatory. Taylor has looked fantastic at 86 kg and to my mind, is the clear #2 P4P. I think he still has room on his frame to add weight and would be the only person on the planet that has a chance to challenge Sadulaev. 
Just snagged a Powerball ticket for tonight's billion dollar drawing, when I win I'll provide financial incentive to make this happen next year .

Sent from my motorola one hyper using Tapatalk

• Fire 1

Saduleav's style is so great for 97kg.

Everyone knows the heavier we go, things slow down.

I just don't love DTs style for any heavier than he is.... It's hard to keep up the pace/movement at any weight but throw another 22+ pounds of muscle on that frame and it just seems so improbable.

Both are legends, but the plodding, yet explosive tank, might just be too much power and defense for the MagicMan

Sent from my motorola one hyper using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

This ^

It would be interesting if Sad was still at 86Kg.   Then we would know.   At that weight, he was rolling guys with ease.   Takedown back points.   That fast.   Sometimes multiple back point maneuvers.   DT hasn't faced anyone like that.  I don't think the DT of today beats the Sad of 2016 or 2015.  JMHO.

mspart

Have to favour Sad because of what he has done but I would love to see it at 92 or something. Taylor not giving up even a single pushout against Yazdani was extremely unexpected and impressive to me. I'm not sure there is anyone else around that size who could do that against Yaz.

Sadulaev has had some match up struggles with a couple wrestlers well below his league. Someone like Hushtyn can wrestle him close and score points against him. Sadulaev definitely doesn't tech fall or pin everyone, eventually a close match can go against you.  

I don't think Taylor would beat him, but he has 8-7, 3-1, 9-6 type wins on his record while not being a terribly active wrestler. He will skip euros and russian nationals.