• Playwire Ad Area

Iowa fans.....How are we feeling about tonight? What's the mood??

31 minutes ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

Before Michigan, I was thinking that 3 wins was the expectation and 4 would be gravy (5+ would be when the giggles start). 

Post Michigan, I can't say I'm in a bad mood exactly but I'm definitely less excited. In fact, I'm considering going out with my girlfriend and her crazy friends instead of watching. Will definitely be more eventful. 

Thread headline “what’s your mood” in the mood for love?

14 minutes ago, JuanMogen said:

I apologize, and I'll explain what part I wanted you to focus on. Its the part you're trying to ignore. Its the injury part. It had nothing to do with the transfers - everybody is going to try to go where they want to. Usually, that's Penn State, who is known to develop wrestlers. Sometimes, they go to Iowa and get a cut of that bandage sponsorship money.

But I'm a Hawkeye through and through anyway. That's why at age 65 I have crippling pain in my neck, low back, and knees from training the Iowa way. I want to see my boys pull it off tonight. If Real lands that keylock and Angel Rivera is at the helm, I think we're in business.

no this started with you ignoring the question about if starocci would be less popular as an Iowa wrestler....which you didn't like because it implies being a shill isn't a legitimate intellectual stance.

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

51 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

no this started with you ignoring the question about if starocci would be less popular as an Iowa wrestler....which you didn't like because it implies being a shill isn't a legitimate intellectual stance.

Let me ask my mom if everything posted in the internet has to take a legitimate intellectual stance. Be right back. 

The five stages of grief

Denial

Feeling numb is common in the early days after a bereavement. Some people at first carry on as if nothing has happened. Even if we know with our heads that someone has died it can be hard to believe that someone important is not coming back. It’s also very common to feel the presence of someone who has died

Anger

Anger is a completely natural emotion, and very natural after someone dies. Death can seem cruel and unfair, especially when you feel someone has died before their time or you had plans for the future together. It’s also common to feel angry towards the person who has died, or angry at ourselves for things we did or didn’t do before their death.

Bargaining

When we are in pain, it’s sometimes hard to accept that there’s nothing we can do to change things. Bargaining is when we start to make deals with ourselves, or perhaps with God if we’re religious. We want to believe that if we act in particular ways we will feel better. It’s also common to find ourselves going over and over things that happened in the past and asking a lot of ‘what if’ questions, wishing we could go back and change things in the hope things could have turned out differently.

Depression

Sadness and longing are what we think of most often when we think about grief. This pain can be very intense and come in waves over many months or years. Life can feel like it no longer holds any meaning which can be very scary.

Acceptance

Grief comes in waves and it can feel like nothing will ever be right again. But gradually most people find that the pain eases, and it is possible to accept what has happened. We may never ‘get over’ the death of someone precious, but we can learn to live again, while keeping the memories of those we have lost close to us.

Just now, SocraTease said:

The five stages of grief

Denial

Feeling numb is common in the early days after a bereavement. Some people at first carry on as if nothing has happened. Even if we know with our heads that someone has died it can be hard to believe that someone important is not coming back. It’s also very common to feel the presence of someone who has died

Anger

Anger is a completely natural emotion, and very natural after someone dies. Death can seem cruel and unfair, especially when you feel someone has died before their time or you had plans for the future together. It’s also common to feel angry towards the person who has died, or angry at ourselves for things we did or didn’t do before their death.

Bargaining

When we are in pain, it’s sometimes hard to accept that there’s nothing we can do to change things. Bargaining is when we start to make deals with ourselves, or perhaps with God if we’re religious. We want to believe that if we act in particular ways we will feel better. It’s also common to find ourselves going over and over things that happened in the past and asking a lot of ‘what if’ questions, wishing we could go back and change things in the hope things could have turned out differently.

Depression

Sadness and longing are what we think of most often when we think about grief. This pain can be very intense and come in waves over many months or years. Life can feel like it no longer holds any meaning which can be very scary.

Acceptance

Grief comes in waves and it can feel like nothing will ever be right again. But gradually most people find that the pain eases, and it is possible to accept what has happened. We may never ‘get over’ the death of someone precious, but we can learn to live again, while keeping the memories of those we have lost close to us.

Question - hypothetically, if I coached a wrestling team and was perpetually stuck at “anger”, what should I do?