• Playwire Ad Area

FRL new set

5 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

I have a hard time listening to FRL talking about their fantasy wrestling teams and straying off topic.  Basch-N'the Willie cover alot more in the same amount of time.   

I like Willie and Basch too, but FRL is better.  By “more,” I assume you mean things like Basch name dropping all of his clients and how Jordan Burroughs’ family was at his house swimming in the pool?

• Fire 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I like Willie and Basch too, but FRL is better.  By “more,” I assume you mean things like Basch name dropping all of his clients and how Jordan Burroughs’ family was at his house swimming in the pool?

No,  thats not what I was talking about, it's more wrestling related.     Cool that Burroughs brought his family over to swim though.  huh?

Edited by Threadkilla

14 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

And the wine...

• Fire 1

24 minutes ago, forkemaz said:

Are you really suggesting we can't do better? 

You're right we are hatin, but to say we can't do better? Do not temp me...

The only thing about that post that I said couldn’t be better is Pyles getting called a jive turkey. I stand by that, BUT, I will give it my all to call him an equal or better name. I, for one, like Mr. Pyles and the crew. However, a well placed “jive turkey” will never stop being top shelf comedy. Got me when I least expected it to. 

• Fire 1

7 hours ago, JuanMogen said:

I watch it twice a week every week, comment in their chat, and enjoy it. They do a great job. I look forward to them and BEG Wrestling. 

I understand that everybody’s job on the internet is to complain and pretend you can do better, but you won’t because you can’t. 

Somebody called Pyles a jive turkey last week. You telling me there’s something funnier anywhere else in life? There isn’t. I have another name for him loaded in the chamber, but I want to strike when the iron is hot. Might send it Askren’s way if it feels right. 

I always catch the replayed hours after. Sometimes I wish I was in there live to interact with chat but it’s no big deal.

The Hate-boner this place has for Flo is insane. That criticize everything like these fat lazy lards could do any better. They attack CP when CP is charismatic and passionate about the sport WE ALL LOVE. Constructive criticism is okay, bitching and whining is just addressing issues without offering a solution. 

• Fire 2

2 hours ago, Threadkilla said:

I have a hard time listening to FRL talking about their fantasy wrestling teams and straying off topic.  Basch-N'the Willie cover alot more in the same amount of time.   

Are you senile? Basch has had an entire episode about football, goes off on rants about the Bills for minutes at a time, brags about how much meat he's smoking, moans about how he doesn't want to go to NCAAs unless he gets a suite, and, as another poster mentioned, never misses an opportunity to name drop, and does this for every episode. On top of all that, he complains and/bags on some entity on a regular basis, usually Flo, then has the audacity to call them the "most sensitive" people (paraphrasing). Mind you, I'm lukewarm on FRL but Basch's podcast is a hurricane of turds rampaging through an ocean of crap, in comparison. You seriously have me concerned for your sanity now. 

Willie is a nice addition though. 

Edited by Mr. PeanutButter
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, 1032004 said:

One grip I have is that Willie is always sucking snot and sucking his teeth. It’s right In my ears….

• Stalling 1

30 minutes ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

Are you senile? Basch has had an entire episode about football, goes off on rants about the Bills for minutes at a time, brags about how much meat he's smoking, moans about how he doesn't want to go to NCAAs unless he gets a suite, and, as another poster mentioned, never misses an opportunity to name drop, and does this for every episode. On top of all that, he complains and/bags on some entity on a regular basis, usually Flo, then has the audacity to call them the "most sensitive" people (paraphrasing). Mind you, I'm lukewarm on FRL but Basch's podcast is a hurricane of turds rampaging through an ocean of crap, in comparison. You seriously have me concerned for your sanity now. 

I bet you also can’t guess how many wins Basch predicted for Iowa against PSU!

If you guessed more than zero, you’re wrong…

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, 1032004 said:

I bet you also can’t guess how many wins Basch predicted for Iowa against PSU!

If you guessed more than zero, you’re wrong…

I watched the most recent episode (Iowa-psu preview). I thought it was pretty good! Basch's PSU bias doesn't bother me. He is close with the team. It makes sense and he totally owns up to it. He has great guests sometimes and usually pretty good discourse. I am annoyed/disinterested at times but still tune in more often that not. I guess that makes it a solid podcast? With blood round out of commission and clash of combat going south, there aren't many options. 

• Fire 1

7 hours ago, FanOfPurdueWrestling said:

I always catch the replayed hours after. Sometimes I wish I was in there live to interact with chat but it’s no big deal.

The Hate-boner this place has for Flo is insane. That criticize everything like these fat lazy lards could do any better. They attack CP when CP is charismatic and passionate about the sport WE ALL LOVE. Constructive criticism is okay, bitching and whining is just addressing issues without offering a solution. 

Christian gets a lot of Hate because he dances around what he really means or what is really happening constantly. Coded talk of rumors, that weird low tone he does when he wants to move on and not get into it. 

Also being such a freestyle lover hurts. He will constantly trash folkstyle rules and matches and then turn around and giving glowing reviews of freestyle trash. Don't you ever! Complain about top and bottom in folkstyle. It doesn't exist in freestyle, one guy literally lays there doing nothing and that's his objective, shut up about folkstyle top and go watch your exposure slop fest.

5 hours ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

I watched the most recent episode (Iowa-psu preview). I thought it was pretty good! Basch's PSU bias doesn't bother me. He is close with the team. It makes sense and he totally owns up to it. He has great guests sometimes and usually pretty good discourse. I am annoyed/disinterested at times but still tune in more often that not. I guess that makes it a solid podcast? With blood round out of commission and clash of combat going south, there aren't many options. 

What happened to blood round?

What happened to blood round?

Yeah, this is a puzzling comment since Tommy and Kevin are still putting out episodes. They just released episode 453 this week.

Their website and feed address hasn’t changed ever.
  • Fire 3

Insert catchy tagline here. 

15 hours ago, VakAttack said:

You might be surprised how little stuff can affect even regular public speakers.  I had a guy, good public speaker, get completely flustered when he had to speak without a lectern.

I give lengthy presentations on a regular basis, but was completely thrown off when I was on the witness stand for a criminal case.  And when I say "witness stand" I mean STAND! As in "no chair to sit in."  I present standing up all the time, but this was a terrible set-up for me.  Not to mention that nearly everything I said was objected to!

10 hours ago, Threadkilla said:

I agree.  All the coverage of who Basch's "guys" are and who he has texted lately never seems to make it to FRL.  Also did you know NLWC will put 5-6 guys on the Olympic team and Iowa is going to be shut out tonight? (Neither is out of the realm of probability, but each is a bit unrealistic)

• Fire 1

30 minutes ago, forkemaz said:

Christian gets a lot of Hate because he dances around what he really means or what is really happening constantly. Coded talk of rumors, that weird low tone he does when he wants to move on and not get into it. 

Also being such a freestyle lover hurts. He will constantly trash folkstyle rules and matches and then turn around and giving glowing reviews of freestyle trash. Don't you ever! Complain about top and bottom in folkstyle. It doesn't exist in freestyle, one guy literally lays there doing nothing and that's his objective, shut up about folkstyle top and go watch your exposure slop fest.

My favorite part of freestyle is stopping the match after every exchange to see who gets the points because nobody can tell. Could be four blue or two red. No idea who gets it because scoring is so arbitrary and doesn’t reflect anything close to controlling your opponent. Let’s see who gets this gold medal based on if a fat ref/judge thinks you slightly redirected a chest wrap or not. You know what else? Let’s look over to a guy thirty feet away on the wrong side of the action to see if he agrees with the pin or not. Hold your arm up like you’re smelling your armpit and wait for the OK to slap the mat. But other countries do it, so it must be the right way to do things. I’m sure this wasn’t an agreed upon set of rules by a bunch of old, shrivel-brained, perma-concussed, fat dorks who wanted a set of rules that favored their country. Sure. 

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, JuanMogen said:

My favorite part of freestyle is stopping the match after every exchange to see who gets the points because nobody can tell. Could be four blue or two red. No idea who gets it because scoring is so arbitrary and doesn’t reflect anything close to controlling your opponent. Let’s see who gets this gold medal based on if a fat ref/judge thinks you slightly redirected a chest wrap or not. You know what else? Let’s look over to a guy thirty feet away on the wrong side of the action to see if he agrees with the pin or not. Hold your arm up like you’re smelling your armpit and wait for the OK to slap the mat. But other countries do it, so it must be the right way to do things. I’m sure this wasn’t an agreed upon set of rules by a bunch of old, shrivel-brained, perma-concussed, fat dorks who wanted a set of rules that favored their country. Sure. 

The only thing that bothers me is that last bit. Looking over to someone off the mat to confirm a pinfall when you are in a far better position is foolish and it forces you to look away from what you are officiating which is also foolish. But I am good with the paddle system.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

8 hours ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

I also like when he was making excuses for Starocci missing a couple matches saying something along the lines of "30-40 matches a year wears on you, these guys need occasional breaks," as if Stall-rocky was ever very active. (The PSU 174 even said that he prob would have wrestled through his ailment in past years)

Also his recent insistence that Real Woods has always wrestled close matches.  Maybe a lot through his career, but he was a bonus points machine for much of last year.

Some truth to those statements, but not as much as Basch thinks.

9 hours ago, FanOfPurdueWrestling said:

I absolutely agree!! It's giving another outlet to follow the sport we love, which is hard to find many outlets at all.

• Fire 1

7 hours ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

I enjoy Basch and the Brain, but they’re kinda a poor man’s Ben & CP to me.

Basch reminds me of Pyle with his touch of arrogance, but at least has good communication skills and is knowledgeable.  But the constant name dropping and PSU bias is annoying.  CP is actually pretty unbiased IMO except when it comes to Andy Smith.

Willie (just his podcast persona) kinda reminds me of Ben.  They are very knowledgeable so they’re able to hold the conversation, but sometimes seems like they just roll out of bed to do the show unprepared.

FRL is still the best overall podcast IMO.

BEG is the best for entertainment value/humor

Stalemates hasn’t been putting stuff out as often but I’d put them next, then Basch & Willie.

Edited by 1032004
  • Fire 1

I like FRL still, but I feel it was definitely it's best form when it was Willie and CP.  They balanced each other well and disagreed enough.  I feel like the current crew defers to Askren too much, although CP has been pushing back a bit more lately.  Willie's solo show is good, too, but I wish it was in podcast form.  @Jason Bryant's interviews are also excellent.

3 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Shane Sparks podcast has been enjoyable.

Agreed!  I was surprised to hear Deakin apparently had myocarditis earlier in the year when he lost in the semis (so would’ve been before Covid vaxxes were available if anyone was wondering)

• Fire 2