• Playwire Ad Area

Takedown? Or no Takedown? Yes.

MPhillips

"In one of these situations, a takedown should have been awarded as control was established beyond reaction time. In another situation, a takedown was awarded and then withdrawn after video review and conference with the assistant official. To be clear, reaction time should not have been the determining factor in the awarding of a takedown in either situation."

Hmmm.... I wonder who he is talking about.

• Fire 2

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

40 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

"During the last two weeks of wrestling competition, there were several scramble situations from the neutral position where takedowns were or were not awarded."

Yes I was shocked at this statement ... shocked!  

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, TylerDurden said:

Troll rating: 2/10 

I only ever owned one Troll.  We were in a hotel in Louisville with my family and I was sick.  This was the year 1991 or so. They went down to a mall that was connected to the hotel and bought me this as a cheering up present:

Vintage Halloween Troll Doll frankenstein Green Complete ...

2 hours ago, MPhillips said:

I was hoping that it would go up to the top man and it did. At this level of competition there is no excuse to blow an easy call. Even if they don't have video review. But they did have video review.

Edited by Paul158
missed a word

37 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Well the National Coordinator of Wrestling Officials just said you’re wrong 

And why no discussion and reconfirmation of what actually makes a pin?

Truax had looots of daylight under his shoulder blade, and woods was completely glued.

4 minutes ago, wrestle87 said:

Truax had looots of daylight under his shoulder blade, and woods was completely glued.

It was still a really nice move and pin. Bernie is a 6th year transfer in all-American. You would have thought he would have done his homework. 

4 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

It was still a really nice move and pin. Bernie is a 6th year transfer in all-American. You would have thought he would have done his homework. 

I don’t argue that it was a nice move, whoever it was doesn’t change the rules around a pin. They showed his shoulders on the broadcast, they were nowhere close to both being in contact with the mat.

Edited by wrestle87

2 minutes ago, wrestle87 said:

I don’t argue that it was a nice move, whoever it was doesn’t change the rules around a pin. They showed his shoulders on the broadcast, they were nowhere close to both being in contact with the mat.

So I expert NCAA ref blew a second call. He was having a really bad day.

28 minutes ago, wrestle87 said:

I thought Truax was pinned.  Woods too, the ref was just out of position 

Edited by 1032004

31 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

I only ever owned one Troll.  We were in a hotel in Louisville with my family and I was sick.  This was the year 1991 or so. They went down to a mall that was connected to the hotel and bought me this as a cheering up present:

Vintage Halloween Troll Doll frankenstein Green Complete ...

Troll rating: 8.5/10 

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

17 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I thought Truax was pinned.  Woods too, the ref was just out of position 

Did either of you catch the Okie State Mizzou match?  THAT ref was out of position for like 5 different sets of backpoints.

36 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

That dude did have a bad day.  I was watching that match and, while pulling for PSU, they were on the receiving end of a bunch of hometown calls that evening.

One that comes to mind that's gotten minimal discussion is Bartlett's OT takedown...that really wasn't a takedown.

Edited by wrestle87
  • Fire 1

28 minutes ago, wrestle87 said:

Did either of you catch the Okie State Mizzou match?  THAT ref was out of position for like 5 different sets of backpoints.

No I did not catch the match. Man you would think these guys would bring their A game. Pitiful.

42 minutes ago, wrestle87 said:

That dude did have a bad day.  I was watching that match and, while pulling for PSU, they were on the receiving end of a bunch of hometown calls that evening.

One that comes to mind that's gotten minimal discussion is Bartlett's OT takedown...that really wasn't a takedown.

I figured that was a really close call with the new rules which i really don't like. I really enjoy when the wrestlers that  mix it up and scramble. It gets really exciting. i hope they go back and review the negative ramifications of the rule.

50 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

I figured that was a really close call with the new rules which i really don't like. I really enjoy when the wrestlers that  mix it up and scramble. It gets really exciting. i hope they go back and review the negative ramifications of the rule.

As the linked statement reiterates, the only “new rule” is removing the no reaction time from the rear standing position only.

I think Fix was the beneficiary of that against Edmond, but that’s the only one I recall seeing so far this year.

Pretty sure Bartlett’s was officially a neutral danger zone takedown.  Or is that the “new rule” you’re referencing?  That’s been around several years now and I think seems to be universally agreed that it was a good addition.  

Edited by 1032004
  • Fire 2