• Playwire Ad Area

Jakob Camacho has been removed as a starter from all ranking sites

I think I recall hearing on Pack Mentality Pop-Ins Podcast that Pat Pop said, "We're going to do what's best for both Camacho and Trombley as well as put the team in the best position to win." Typical coach speak.

Edited by Winners Circle
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Winners Circle said:

I think I recall hearing on Pack Mentality Pop-Ins Podcast that Pat Pop said, "We're going to do what's best for both Camacho and Trombley as well as put the team in the best position to win." Typical coach speak.

Pat Pop will give 110% and the good lord willing...

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

I think the sites are doing it because Trombley has been the guy for them in duals for over a month.

Comacho just won the App St Open so I think he is working on getting back to form from whatever it might have been ailing him.

I imagine Trombley will get his chance at starting for thr postseason at whatever weight of his choosing (meaning a chance to wrestle off for the spot(s)).

Until PatPop says otherwise or until we see otherwise at ACCs I would assume Comacho will be the guy.

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

For some reason I thought Camacho had multiple bad losses but he really doesn’t.  His worst loss is to Trever Anderson of UNI, who doesn’t really have any other good wins but has quite a few close losses.   His other losses are to Noto, Spratley and McCrone.  I’m not sure Trombley has shown to be much if any better than those guys.  Sure seemed like he thought he was the starter based on the celebration he did after beating Spencer Moore though.

Edited by 1032004
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, flyingcement said:

So do you think those gestures were being made about his position in the lineup?  I'm not very good at interpreting stuff like that

No, I’m sure it was more about the in-state rivalry with UNC, I’m just not sure he would be celebrating like that if he knew was just making some spot starts.

I don’t have a problem with it btw, most of the team was doing them actually and fortunately I don’t believe any team points were even taken away

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, nhs67 said:

I think the sites are doing it because Trombley has been the guy for them in duals for over a month.

Comacho just won the App St Open so I think he is working on getting back to form from whatever it might have been ailing him.

I imagine Trombley will get his chance at starting for thr postseason at whatever weight of his choosing (meaning a chance to wrestle off for the spot(s)).

Until PatPop says otherwise or until we see otherwise at ACCs I would assume Comacho will be the guy.

I kinda thought that also, but its hard to tell and wrestling roster updates are not exactly announced when they take place

3 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Trombley has pretty much zero chance of starting at 133…

53 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Trombley has pretty much zero chance of starting at 133…

Legitimately half of his matches (so far) this year are at 125lbs and the other half are at 133lbs - all in duals.

If (key word) he chooses to go 133, I am sure the coaching staff will allow him to wrestle Orine for the spot.

It isn't as if Orine, Comacho, or Trombley have shown to be heads and shoulders better at putting results out there when it matters most.

47 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Legitimately half of his matches (so far) this year are at 125lbs and the other half are at 133lbs - all in duals.

If (key word) he chooses to go 133, I am sure the coaching staff will allow him to wrestle Orine for the spot.

It isn't as if Orine, Comacho, or Trombley have shown to be heads and shoulders better at putting results out there when it matters most.

Orine has shown to be “head and shoulders above” Trombley at 133, IMO.   He’s a returning AA and Trombley has losses this year to Gable  Strickland and Ethan Oakley.

2 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Orine has shown to be “head and shoulders above” Trombley at 133, IMO.   He’s a returning AA and Trombley has losses this year to Gable  Strickland and Ethan Oakley.

He went 3-3 at NCAAs last year.

Guess what Trombley's record at NCAAs is...?  Also not a losing record.

7 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

He went 3-3 at NCAAs last year.

Guess what Trombley's record at NCAAs is...?  Also not a losing record.

At 133 he is 2-2 (in 2021), losing to 2 guys who did not AA.  Orine lost to the guys that took 3rd, 5th and 7th last year, and he has also beaten the guy that took 7th in the past.

I guess you’re really just saying they’d “give Trombley a wrestleoff if he wants one,” which sure maybe, but I highly doubt he beats Orine if so, but I also highly doubt he even attempts to wrestleoff for 133 anyway as Orine seems locked in as the guy.

• Fire 1

6 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Wolfpack are lucky to have a guy like Trombley who was happy enough waiting in the wings as an upperclassmen, but capable enough to step up and contribute whenever needed

Indeed! Him and Camacho both have strong resumes. Trombley last year defeated Jore Volk, Jaret Lane, AA Ventresca x 2, C Camacho x2, Peterson, Surtin. He lost in OT to Ramos and Noto. If Camacho had a 35% chance to AA, Trombley has a 15% chance. Compare that to the Hawkeyes starting Ybarra when Ayala was hurt or the Nittany Lions. Depth rankings at 125:

1) V Tech Flynn, Ventresca

2) NC State Trombley, Camacho

3) Lehigh Stanich, Sheldon

4) Cornell Ungar, Diakhimaholis

5) Ohio State Kilkeary, McCrone