• Playwire Ad Area

I need to apologize to Nic Bouzakis

I thought his style wouldn’t translate to top tier D1 wrestling. But I was wrong. Yeah he’s taken some losses this year particularly early in the season, but he looked really good against Nagao.

He also appears to be a great teammate, for example he’s often the first guy congratulating other guys after a win.   Not sure what happened with the handshake snub from the PSU bench.  I’m gonna guess they weren’t looking or something but I laughed.

• Fire 3

Sammy Sasso said it when asked about that recruiting class a couple/few years back:  tOSU and Ryan are trying to build a Dynasty to rival Penn State and everyone coming in (Mendez/Bouzakis class and Rogotzke/Kilkeary class) all believe in themselves, each other, and the coaching staff.

• Fire 6

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

I have admittedly only watched Nic at the clarion open V-tech dual and CKLV but that was far and away the best hes looked especially getting to legs. I think he may have some weight cut issues because he looked in all honesty bad at clarion and on day one at CKLV he looked terrible. If I recall national duals was also a two day weigh in so that may be something to look out for at big 10's and NCAA's. Unfortunately for him I don't think he has the frame for 141 and I assume cannon will go 149 moving forward and Jesse will stay at 141.

1 minute ago, Truzzcat said:

I have admittedly only watched Nic at the clarion open V-tech dual and CKLV but that was far and away the best hes looked especially getting to legs. I think he may have some weight cut issues because he looked in all honesty bad at clarion and on day one at CKLV he looked terrible. If I recall national duals was also a two day weigh in so that may be something to look out for at big 10's and NCAA's. Unfortunately for him I don't think he has the frame for 141 and I assume cannon will go 149 moving forward and Jesse will stay at 141.

Thinking he has both weight cut issues and not the frame for 141 seems a bit contradictory IMO

• Fire 1

Just now, 1032004 said:

Thinking he has both weight cut issues and not the frame for 141 seems a bit contradictory IMO

more so thinking about his match with tom crook last year that he got beat quite badly in. I think he would have a very hard time finishing on longer guys and while hes very good on bottom against guys who throw legs he seems to struggle against more conventional rides even at 133.

1 hour ago, pokemonster said:

Where can I find this "no handshake"? Was it just Bouzakis who got snubbed or everyone?

At the end of the match Bouzakis walks over to the PSU bench and holds his hand out and kinda moves it side to side for a second waiting to see if anyone will shake it but no one does.  But the camera was mostly just on Bouzakis so the PSU guys may have just not been paying attention.  They usually only had the camera on the winning wrestler so not sure if any others did, but Rogotzke just went straight to the tOSU bench.

I do see that the dual has been uploaded to YouTube if you don’t have BTN.