• Playwire Ad Area

The unique feeling of a season ending in a way you didn't want it to

wrestle87

I just watched the Vito documentary on Flo, it was very well done.  Their documentaries are always stellar.  

Watching Yianni in the hallway after losing to Nick Lee, brought back all kinds of memories.  

For those who wrestled, how do you relate to the seasons that ended shy of what you wanted?  Do they still sit somewhere in your soul?  How do you relate to them, and how have you used those experiences to in your adult life?

I feel like this is an aspect of being a wrestler that gets very little airtime or discussion, but is potentially the largest part of the sport.  

I’m 25 at the moment. My only regret is not training harder and living a cleaner life in college. I’ll eventually be coaching Hs kids (just youth for now) and will be sure to preach lifestyle as it is important at high levels.

I also really enjoyed the Vito documentary. I follow wrestling so I knew the story but lots of stellar scenes!

• Fire 1

I took some time away from the sport and when I returned to Officiate and coach, being on the mat was therapy. 

I have a friend that was a 3X AA and a runner up at OU. He doesn't talk about his career or his finals match. He is also an Official and over the years I have seen him turn into the grumpy old school Official that doesn't like ANYTHING new, no celebrations, and no scrambling. 

• Fire 2

2 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

I won my last match by pin.  It was a nice feeling.

It was a JV tourney.... 106 lbs ....11th/12th place match if I remember correctly. 

• Fire 1
  • Haha 2

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

1 hour ago, MPhillips said:

Some of the ones that didn't become officials, became posters...:classic_smile:

also odd but some swimmers have become posters, really makes you wonder about our standards around here ... 🤔

• Haha 2

Just now, MPhillips said:

You're a fine poster. Not cantankerous and judgmental like Weehawken...:classic_tongue:  

Well thank you for your kind words. I feel that I am a work in progress. I can't post on a lot of the topics as I am not able to keep up with a lot of daily happenings in this great sport. I enjoy the posts with the coded messages in them, and you have been known to leave a few and also pick up one the few that I have left along the way about the only Ohio connections that I have. 

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

... cantankerous and judgmental like Weehawken...:classic_tongue:  

Weehawken has been know to also waste a bit of time firing off shots over others heads ...  😕

• Fire 2