• Playwire Ad Area

is Kaleb Larkin taking a redshirt this year?

Grey last year.... red this year....  Unless he is beating out Parco at 149 he's probably not going to see the mat again. Only a few duals left before post season.

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

4 minutes ago, BuckyBadger said:

As an aside, why isn’t Yasguire in the lineup this year. He had a nice win over Hardy last year and I thought we’d be seeing more of him this year.

He got hurt again, I thought?

Edit: Actually I think it is a proper Redshirt since it got burned last year.

Edited by nhs67

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

I think Kaleb may be focusing on trials. I personally do not think hes a factor but coming off of his BF win im guessing hes putting his focus towards that I would imagine the cut to 143 point whatever is brutal for him his a long dude.

Reason he wrestled in the two duals is because Parco was hurt. I would imagine since he qualified for the Olympic Trials he's focused on freestyle. 

Yasguire is hurt and had shoulder surgery.

Hopefully someone grows next year and moves to 157. Parco will still be around and you'll have the three of them, plus Ramos (who I've heard Larkin has a hard time beating) and the number 1 hs recruit at 145. I'm assuming Teamer is done after this year, but with all his injuries over the years I would imagine he could petition for another year of eligibility.

• Fire 1

59 minutes ago, wjd said:

Reason he wrestled in the two duals is because Parco was hurt. I would imagine since he qualified for the Olympic Trials he's focused on freestyle. 

Yasguire is hurt and had shoulder surgery.

Hopefully someone grows next year and moves to 157. Parco will still be around and you'll have the three of them, plus Ramos (who I've heard Larkin has a hard time beating) and the number 1 hs recruit at 145. I'm assuming Teamer is done after this year, but with all his injuries over the years I would imagine he could petition for another year of eligibility.

Is Parco really coming back ? It’ll be his 6th year and 5th ncaa tournament next season , he started at fresno and it’s going on 4 years that they haven’t existed . He has to be getting pretty old 

Parco will have one more year if he chooses to stay and wrestle. 

Teemer can apply for medical redshirt based on last year.

They certainly will have depth in the lower half next year. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

22 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Is Parco really coming back ? It’ll be his 6th year and 5th ncaa tournament next season , he started at fresno and it’s going on 4 years that they haven’t existed . He has to be getting pretty old 

One red shirt and one Covid year. 6 seems to be the new norm for college wrestlers. At Iowa or Michigan he'd probably be considered an undercalssman :). Looks like he's a two time scholar all american so he may be working the system to get as much education as he can as well.