• Playwire Ad Area

Ohio St/ Michigan dual of the year

Bormet and a few of Michigans 6th year seniors got really cocky with OSU fans early on but the Bucks wrestled the second half of that dual with a passion. 

I think Bormet thought he was going to coast after 157 but totally blew it. Loved his sarcastic clap at the end when Feldman topped Davison because he couldn’t believe his little eyes. Awesome battle. 

• Fire 2

32 minutes ago, feet2back said:

How in the World does The University of Michigan NOT have someone to put out at 141lbs?  Send someone out and they lose by tech and the team score is 19-19

Yep I agree... but I think Lemley didn't pass skin check at  the weigh in, so they didn't  have a back-up ready. Not sure if they had a backup 133 ready to go at the weigh in. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

This dual had it all.  tOSU v UM....The best wrestlers money could buy vs a squad with 6 frosh and a true soph....a rabid crowd....huge swings in momentum.....Mantanona almost pulling a huge upset at 165 which was stifled by an enormous comeback by Hepner...a classic rookie vs stud battle at 174 with Griffith squeaking past Welsh....a monster performance by Ryder "the berserker" Rogotzke which saved the dual for the Bucks...and a hvy match between a highly ranked Davison and Feldman which was decided the outcome.  Worth mentioning...Feldman spent last year recovering from a broken neck.  

Don't forget, Bucks were underdogs at 7 wt classes and it showed early.  Only Mendez, Hepner and Geog were favored.  Feldman and Rogoztke pulled significant upsets.  (Austin Gomez looks ready to win an NCAA title)

And the manner in which Bouzakis and D'Emilio got manhandled made it look like Ohio State had no chance.  Great dual except for UM ff at 141.  Shame on them.  Send out Tiny Tim if you have to.  National TV.  Don't FF.  

• Fire 2

I think bormet would have done whatever is necessary to avoid forfeiting....in the same breath its kind of bush league to not be on top of skin stuff...but it may have been really bad timing, or maybe semly is an idiot...regardless michigan is an eyesore at this point. 

• Fire 3

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

30 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

Teams travel with fifteen from what I've seen posted in the other OSU UM thread. 

UM didn't have another guy for the weight...

I thought NCAA rules was 15, but B1G limits to 13?  In any case UofM took 13 last night.

I would take two 125, 141, 157, 174, and 197s to prevent this.

I was told they had another 141lber with them, but he didn't weigh in.  The skin check failure was a shock to everyone there.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

59 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I thought NCAA rules was 15, but B1G limits to 13?  In any case UofM took 13 last night.

I would take two 125, 141, 157, 174, and 197s to prevent this.

I was told they had another 141lber with them, but he didn't weigh in.  The skin check failure was a shock to everyone there.

Just found it.

13 if it is for a single contest (like this). 15 if for multiple contests (like PSU against Mich on Fri and MSU on Sun).

• Fire 3

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

13 hours ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

Does this site compress pictures pretty tightly? Quality is blurry. In either case have a great time! 

You can't blame that ugly mat on whether or not this site compresses a picture lol 

12 hours ago, MPhillips said:

Flip phone...:classic_huh:

I prob need a new phone if want to take pics but prob lens cover was a bit filmed up, old guys needing reading glasses can't tell when stuff is in focus, what are you gonna do, no cure for old although my Garmin Connect says I'm 20.  🙂

3 minutes ago, ionel said:

I prob need a new phone if want to take pics but prob lens cover was a bit filmed up, old guys needing reading glasses can't tell when stuff is in focus, what are you gonna do, no cure for old although my Garmin Connect says I'm 20.  🙂

You're still beautiful to me...

12 minutes ago, ionel said:

2004 called, they want their phone back😎