• Playwire Ad Area

Mizzou vs West Virginia/Cornell

13 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

that's just a trick stupid

Fake left, go right!

Coach Grey's email, just now.  More deception!

On Sunday, there will be 18 ranked wrestlers total and a #1 vs. #2 match up at 165LBS; should be an action packed dual. We will have Vito back in the lineup for all three matches this weekend and we expect him to wrestle in every bout from here on out.

• Fire 4

37 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

Coach Grey's email, just now.  More deception!

Badass!  Thank you BRF!

• Fire 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

On 1/25/2024 at 4:13 PM, MizzouFan01 said:

Tigers vs Mountaineers on Friday followed by Cornell on Sunday. Should be some good matchups if all have full lineups. KOT vs Hall and Ramirez etc. The match with Cornell will be on ESPN+

What's with Surtin and that neck collar?

1 minute ago, MizzouFan01 said:

Seems so. Hall don’t even really try to escape until the last 10 seconds. Great match, thought Hall had it for sure. 

I get waiting to escape but it was ridiculous to let it go that far, all KOT needed was a scramble and he could put it away since he didn't have a stall warning. 

Refs should let the offensive wrestler finish takedowns when Peyton Hall does his rubber knee defense. He purposely turns his knee against the joint a lot and gets referee stoppages when he is in bad positions. 

2 hours ago, Gus said:

Refs should let the offensive wrestler finish takedowns when Peyton Hall does his rubber knee defense. He purposely turns his knee against the joint a lot and gets referee stoppages when he is in bad positions. 

I said that exact thing to my wife while we were watching.  And at 141 Edmond took every shot, while Titus just flopped, scrambled, and tried to counter.  Mizzou may have won 30-6, but I thought the ref was pretty bad.

15 hours ago, MizzouFan01 said:

Not sure. Reminisce of Grant Leeth. 
Edmond vs Titus was a good one. Edmond has to finish one of those shots. 

The overtime periods in Edmond/Titus were crazy.  I don’t know how Titus didn’t get taken down like 3 different times in the SV period

On 1/25/2024 at 4:49 PM, D3 for LU said:

Just my plea, that the Big Red put out their BEST lineup for this dual.

Do it for the fans... do it for the pride... JUST DO IT!

D3

I will get this in front of Grey ASAP.

3 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

For those Mizzou fans who will be watching the Cornell match tomorrow on ESPN+, I apologize in advance for the terrible announcer and the high school level production "values."

I watched the Harvard/Cornell match today. I’m glad they fixed that glare. Between the glare, and both teams wearing red, it was rough in the eyes. I liked the fact they pulled it up on screen so we could see how it was adjusted lt.  

1 hour ago, MizzouFan01 said:

I watched the Harvard/Cornell match today. I’m glad they fixed that glare. Between the glare, and both teams wearing red, it was rough in the eyes. I liked the fact they pulled it up on screen so we could see how it was adjusted lt.  

Yeah, I was riding my bike for the whole match, thinking I'd go blind if they didn't fix it.

As I said, high school A/V clubs do better.

West Virginia impressed the hell out of me.  They were scrappy, wily and game, they could also scramble their heads off.  Good things are happening in that room clearly.   A bunch of those kids are sleepers for march definitely.  

I will legitimately offer the Edmond vs Titus match as the best wrestling match I have ever seen.  I believe the phrase is "two cats/raccoons trapped in a feed sack".

I'm an east coaster so please excuse my mauling of that phrase, but those dudes went after it.