• Playwire Ad Area

Kyle burwikk

jajensen09

9 minutes ago, MNRodent said:

I like Burwick going back to high school.  He came out hard tonight, but gassed a bit at the end, which is to be expected with all the emotion/excitement he went through today.

Burwick ... who is Burwick?

• Fire 1

22 minutes ago, MNRodent said:

I like Burwick going back to high school.  He came out hard tonight, but gassed a bit at the end, which is to be expected with all the emotion/excitement he went through today.

He looked pretty good. Crazy match. Being caught underneath entire period isn't ideal for first match back. Big improvement in nebraskas lineup

7 minutes ago, jajensen09 said:

He looked pretty good. Crazy match. Being caught underneath entire period isn't ideal for first match back. Big improvement in nebraskas lineup

He certainly seems to be a big upgrade over Dryden. Nagao is a tough kid and Burwick was right there with him. Bet he will be icing those shoulders tonight. 

Just now, jajensen09 said:

Finally seen the black eye it was giving the program

It didn't look bad to anyone who wasn't over the top (like 20 some pages worth) for Nebraska.

I'll say it.

This was over 15 pages ago. Nebraska, you and this kid got mad because someone better came in at his weight and he left without knowing the rules for transfering. He had to sit awhile, just like if he lost the wrestle off he didn't want to wrestle. It happens. Quit whining and blaming others.

• Fire 2

On 12/6/2022 at 9:57 AM, npope said:

13 hours ago, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

So one statement from page 1 and the other from page 21, they are both red background with white letters.  Is/was there reason to believe one over the other or can they both be true?  But thanks to all the good posters here for keeping this alive until the NCAA stepped up to do the right thing.  Its a good outcome for Burwick.  

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, ionel said:

So one statement from page 1 and the other from page 21, they are both red background with white letters.  Is/was there reason to believe one over the other or can they both be true?  But thanks to all the good posters here for keeping this alive until the NCAA stepped up to do the right thing.  Its a good outcome for Burwick.  

Burwick gets to wrestle. Happy for him and Nebraska but the over the top blaming Wisconsin (by others) is silly. If he really wanted to wrestle, he could've wrestled off Lamont and won. If not, take the chances somewhere else and know the rules before doing so.

14 hours ago, Nailbender said:

Burwick gets to wrestle. Happy for him and Nebraska but the over the top blaming Wisconsin (by others) is silly. If he really wanted to wrestle, he could've wrestled off Lamont and won. If not, take the chances somewhere else and know the rules before doing so.

You cannot possibly believe this is about just staying there and wrestling off Lamont.    Will chalk it up to one too many.  

6 minutes ago, Royalfan said:

You cannot possibly believe this is about just staying there and wrestling off Lamont.    Will chalk it up to one too many.  

It was probably more than one. 

That said, I actually think finding out what the rules for transfering are before you do it is the bigger issue.

On 1/13/2023 at 6:57 PM, Royalfan said:

Obvious that the NCAA did the right thing and used common sense since Wisconsin made it more difficult than it needed to be.  

Yeah, they really didn't. 

Had had an opportunity to compete. AGAIN, it'd would have taken the UW administration to have lied in order to sign a waiver to allow him Wrestle for another team...which would have led to questions about WHY he was no longer ABLE to compete in his sport. And Wisconsin's answer would have been.....what? He didn't want to compete with the guy they recruited. 

That is not losing an opportunity to compete. I thought he could beat out Lamont, but I get it, in College sports now, it's easier to transfer and take the easier route than to fight through and try and win a spot.

On 1/14/2023 at 9:14 PM, jajensen09 said:

Finally seen the black eye it was giving the program

Dude...are you following what's going on or what happened AT ALL?

Nebraska basically just came out and said there was nothing Wisconsin could do. They supported his effort to transfer. They said they did not properly inform him of the date by which he had to enter the portal. 

Nebraska itself said there was no possibility for a "No Participation Opportunity," waiver. Do you really NOT understand what that means?

I'll break it down for you. Lets say Stanford would have cut Wrestling after Griffith won it in '21. Well...obviously he'd look to transfer, right? 

NOW the Athletic Department could have signed off on that saying, "there is NOT an opportunity for him to compete because...we don't have a Wrestling program."

Now, luckily they do still have one, it's great for the sport. But do you...seriously not understand even Nebraska at this point is basically saying it wasn't on Wisconsin(and CERTAINLY not on Bono...that's just asinine). Understand You Think GIF by ABC Network

• Fire 1

On 1/15/2023 at 12:45 PM, Royalfan said:

Yes. Strange how he was still an active member of the team with no plans to transfer until they brought in Lamont...and then he transferred.

This was all about Lamont and hurt feelings. And it's weird because Burwick should be beating him by this point(I don't have much faith in guys who spend the off-season Wrestling Greco improving in Folkstyle). 

But it's over. You can find a new boogeyman and I guess you guys can accuse your own school of lying now since...they came out and said the SAME thing we've been saying on here for a very-very long time.

6 hours ago, scourge165 said:

Yes. Strange how he was still an active member of the team with no plans to transfer until they brought in Lamont...and then he transferred.

This was all about Lamont and hurt feelings. And it's weird because Burwick should be beating him by this point(I don't have much faith in guys who spend the off-season Wrestling Greco improving in Folkstyle). 

But it's over. You can find a new boogeyman and I guess you guys can accuse your own school of lying now since...they came out and said the SAME thing we've been saying on here for a very-very long time.

The point sailed way over your head

Edited by Royalfan