• Playwire Ad Area

Kyle burwikk

jajensen09

48 minutes ago, jajensen09 said:

They absolutely can sign it. They don't want burwick to go to nebraska that is the entire situation,  they'd sign off if he wasn't going to the big 10. This bs saying Wisconsin would get in trouble is a lie! "In good faith" more lies. Just digging themselves in a bigger hole. 

I have no dog in this fight as I could care less about a .500 wrestler that left a team for another...but dude...what is your deal.  Did Bono steal your wife or something?  Did he kick your dog?  Your lack of any sort of objective thinking is crazily obvious.  There is 10 times more to this story than anyone on here knows...period.  It's unfortunate, for what ever reason, that Burwick missed the transfer deadline...he will have to live with the consequences.  Quite looking for the boogeyman to hang when your true issue is either Bono stole your wife or Burwick is your significant other.

• Fire 1

On 12/18/2022 at 5:43 PM, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

I also believe this thread has served its purpose and should be allowed to die in peace.

On 12/18/2022 at 6:11 PM, ionel said:

but ... just 2 more pages and I think we will solve the puzzle ... please!!!

Didnt make it, please pull the plug!  😞

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Bigbrog said:

I have no dog in this fight as I could care less about a .500 wrestler that left a team for another...but dude...what is your deal.  Did Bono steal your wife or something?  Did he kick your dog?  Your lack of any sort of objective thinking is crazily obvious.  There is 10 times more to this story than anyone on here knows...period.  It's unfortunate, for what ever reason, that Burwick missed the transfer deadline...he will have to live with the consequences.  Quite looking for the boogeyman to hang when your true issue is either Bono stole your wife or Burwick is your significant other.

Missing the transfer time isn't what is holding him back. It's Wisconsin not signing him off, when they absolutely can

At the very least Wisconsin was deceitful in their statement a while back that they support him gaining eligibility and did everything they can do.  Obviously, there is room for interpretation in what they would be signing.  To suggest they could face sanctions for doing so is one of the most idiotic takes ever.   

At they very worst Wisconsin is being completely disgraceful.  Either way it is bad look for them.  

• Fire 3

14 hours ago, Dark Energy said:

Do we agree that the first part of this statement is correct?  (Wisconsin needs to agree to the no participation opportunity waiver)

Sort of.

The normal Transfer Waiver exception, which does not include a "No Participation Opportunity" certification, was rejected by the NCAA.  So something else would need to be done for Kyle to compete for Nebraska this year without a loss of eligibility.

Wisconsin would have to certify that Kyle had "No Participation Opportunity" in accordance with NCAA bylaws for Kyle to compete.  If Wisconsin felt comfortable doing so, in a manner that did not leave their program at risk of some sanction because they would be doing so truthfully and without contradiction to public information released by Kyle, then I believe they would have done so already.

Wisconsin doesn't need to do anything.

3 hours ago, Royalfan said:

At the very least Wisconsin was deceitful in their statement a while back that they support him gaining eligibility and did everything they can do.

Nah.  They were clear they support Kyle.  I believe they will do anything within the NCAA Bylaws as long as they can do so truthfully.  Their support doesn't extend to falsifying a certification that the gave Kyle no participation opportunity.  It's as simple as that.

• Fire 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

Nah.  They were clear they support Kyle.  I believe they will do anything within the NCAA Bylaws as long as they can do so truthfully.  Their support doesn't extend to falsifying a certification that the gave Kyle no participation opportunity.  It's as simple as that.

Lol what?? Have you kept up with this at all? Flo wrestling already debunked that idea. Wisconsins statement was shady as hell

Anyone have a copy of the NPO waiver?

For those writing in favor of Wisconsin signing the form in a manner that would allow him to compete this year ….

…. Can you say, in an informed and truthful way, that Wisconsin would not have to lie in order to sign the form?

If the person signing the form, likely overseen by compliance department, would have to lie, this is an issue.

If this is the crux of it, ok.  But Wisconsin and Bono in particular have handled this in such a misleading and confusing way it is staightup pitiful.  

1 hour ago, Dark Energy said:

Wisconsin and Bono in particular have handled this in such a misleading and confusing way it is staightup pitiful.

Maybe to probably.

And maybe these kinds of student athlete decisions are typically not talked about publicly, so NCAA institutions typically are vague when they speak to them.

Edited by 98lberEating2Lunches

1 hour ago, Dark Energy said:

If the person signing the form, likely overseen by compliance department, would have to lie, this is an issue.

Agree 100%.

But some seem to think stating one supports Kyle's immediate eligibility AND refusing to certify a form untruthfully are mutually exclusive positions.

That cohort would seem to largely consist of Nebraska fanatics, Bono detractors, and haters of the NCAA as a large bureaucracy.

10 hours ago, VakAttack said:

Here's the thing: if Wisconsin were really blameless, there was no reason for Bono to post this (previously posted here, but for context of my post), at best, wildly misleading Tweet.  Why do people mislead and/or straight up lie?  Typically to cover up.

I'm guessing his 6 likes on the subject are people from this board....not much support for Bono in the responses. Funny how some people think a coach has nothing to do with the transfer eligibility. 

• Fire 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

27 minutes ago, Idaho said:

a coach has nothing to do with the transfer eligibility

Unfortunately, it appears the coach isn't in a position to provide information (read records qualifying for an NPO) to his AD to allow his AD to truthfully certify the NPO.

I believe that's because none existed then and the timeline is important.  Kyle was in good standing and wasn't prevented from competing or practicing before he entered the portal late (based on being uninformed).

I don't believe the NCAA sees adding another wrestler at a weight as a qualifying event for an NPO.  There is generally more than one wrestler at a weight in the room, and there are new recruits every year.  That's just part of building a team.

And the portal window dates, created in the interest of increased team stability, doesn't seem to be going away.  Only the use of the NPO in the fashion that Kyle would want it used for him this semester seems to be going away.

Kyle released information publicly that didn't help his case.  Kyle might've benefited from having a better advocate and advice than he he appears to have had.

2 minutes ago, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

Unfortunately, it appears the coach isn't in a position to provide information (read records qualifying for an NPO) to his AD to allow his AD to truthfully certify the NPO.

I believe that's because none existed then and the timeline is important.  Kyle was in good standing and wasn't prevented from competing or practicing before he entered the portal late (based on being uninformed).

I don't believe the NCAA sees adding another wrestler at a weight as a qualifying event for an NPO.  There is generally more than one wrestler at a weight in the room, and there are new recruits every year.  That's just part of building a team.

And the portal window dates, created in the interest of increased team stability, doesn't seem to be going away.  Only the use of the NPO in the fashion that Kyle would want it used for him this semester seems to be going away.

Kyle released information publicly that didn't help his case.  Kyle might've benefited from having a better advocate and advice than he he appears to have had.

Could you quote me accurately and responsibly please.... my quote was  "Funny how some people think a coach has nothing to do with the transfer eligibility.... NOT " a coach has nothing to do with transfer eligibility."  That's a complete twisting of my actual quote.

And to be clear... I don't care what you "believe" , "don't believe" or what "appears" to be ... Wrestlers have sat due to a coach/pogram not releasing them.  

• Fire 2

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

12 hours ago, 98lberEating2Lunches said:

This is not a court of law no matter how pompous you want to try to act.  Sometimes, people need to let common sense lead the way. 

They would not be falsifying anything.  There is room for interpretation on the form.  Do you also have proof that his scholarship allocation remained the same etc?  No you do not.  You are making gross assumptions about the reasoning of them not signing it.  Where has Wisconsin stated the reasoning?  Why do you suppose they wouldn't if the jibberish you suggest is true.  Trying to be a lawyer here won't work padna.  

• Fire 3

7 minutes ago, Royalfan said:

This is not a court of law no matter how pompous you want to try to act.  Sometimes, people need to let common sense lead the way. 

They would not be falsifying anything.  There is room for interpretation on the form.  Do you also have proof that his scholarship allocation remained the same etc?  No you do not.  You are making gross assumptions about the reasoning of them not signing it.  Where has Wisconsin stated the reasoning?  Why do you suppose they wouldn't if the jibberish you suggest is true.  Trying to be a lawyer here won't work padna.  

I agree. If Wisconsin actually couldn't sign him off don't you think they would get out in front of this and say so, so it doesn't give their program a black eye. 

15 minutes ago, Idaho said:

"Funny how some people think a coach has nothing to do with the transfer eligibility...."

Funny how some people are so sensitive about a quote.

I don't believe or think many, if any, who are the least bit informed, think a coach has "nothing to do with transfer eligibility" and that's why I excluded that part of your quote.  Same for medical redshirt eligibility.  They have to keep the records to support such claims.

20 minutes ago, Idaho said:

Could you quote me accurately and responsibly please.... my quote was  "Funny how some people think a coach has nothing to do with the transfer eligibility.... NOT " a coach has nothing to do with transfer eligibility."  That's a complete twisting of my actual quote.

And to be clear... I don't care what you "believe" , "don't believe" or what "appears" to be ... Wrestlers have sat due to a coach/pogram not releasing them.  

Absolutely. Coaches are in complete control of their room. Wrestling is a different cat.

11 minutes ago, jajensen09 said:

If Wisconsin actually couldn't sign him off don't you think they would get out in front of this and say so, so it doesn't give their program a black eye. 

No.  They already said they are no longer commenting on it.   Probably details of a specific decision aren't something they broadcast.

They already said they supported Kyle's immediate eligibility.   How would saying more satiate the blood lust of the few?  Not worth their time.