• Playwire Ad Area

Transfer Portal is Back

Wrestlestat has started to show new entrants to the transfer portal for next year.  

https://www.wrestlestat.com/transferportal

125: Dominic Chavez, Presbyterian, Best wins over Anthony Molton X2 and Drew West; Two years remaining of eligibility

125: Zac Jacaruso, George Mason, Best win over Anthony Knox (while in HS); has not yet wrestled a college match

184: James Lledo, Pittsburgh

You can view the rest on the link above.  Just noticed they started adding to the list after it had been blank for quite some time

• Fire 4

WS calls it "Unofficial Transfer Portal".  My guess is that they're posting potential transfers, maybe guys who have dropped off rosters prematurely.  I don't think the official portal opens for wrestling until March.

On 1/23/2024 at 8:32 PM, flyingcement said:

Wrestlestat has started to show new entrants to the transfer portal for next year.  

https://www.wrestlestat.com/transferportal

125: Dominic Chavez, Presbyterian, Best wins over Anthony Molton X2 and Drew West; Two years remaining of eligibility

125: Zac Jacaruso, George Mason, Best win over Anthony Knox (while in HS); has not yet wrestled a college match

184: James Lledo, Pittsburgh

You can view the rest on the link above.  Just noticed they started adding to the list after it had been blank for quite some time

Seems like most (not all) in the portal right now are guys who will most likely drop down a level

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

4 hours ago, jdalu75 said:

WS calls it "Unofficial Transfer Portal".  My guess is that they're posting potential transfers, maybe guys who have dropped off rosters prematurely.  I don't think the official portal opens for wrestling until March.

You can enter the portal at any time.  The window that you're talking about is the window to transfer without penalty.  If you enter the portal before or after those windows, you can expect some sort of penalty.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

4 hours ago, nhs67 said:

You can enter the portal at any time.  The window that you're talking about is the window to transfer without penalty.  If you enter the portal before or after those windows, you can expect some sort of penalty.

True enough.  But why then would you enter the portal before the window opens?

1 minute ago, MPhillips said:

WVU...💪

Although Ohio University is a beautiful campus.

It does look like a beautiful campus online. I was worried about the program as a whole with the situation that they had this past offseason. I guess things are BAU now? I see that they are promoting a 125 pounder that they recently signed, that is always a good sign. 

56 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

WVU...💪

Although Ohio University is a beautiful campus.

Wolfgram has Junior eligibility.

Curious if he would transfer out in this scenario.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

There are three very good guys that will probably exhaust their Ivy eligibility with Cornel this year who will be big pick ups for one season - Foca, Cardenas and Fernandes - I am hoping Foca decides to do a graduate year at Lehigh.

1 hour ago, lu1979 said:

There are three very good guys that will probably exhaust their Ivy eligibility with Cornel this year who will be big pick ups for one season - Foca, Cardenas and Fernandes - I am hoping Foca decides to do a graduate year at Lehigh.

Over/under on number of days before someone posts about Iowa getting all 3 and challenging for a title next year? 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐