• Playwire Ad Area

Is something up with Levi Haines?

He is still undefeated as the #1 seed at 157 but he's looked a bit off lately.  He almost (and probably should have lost) to #21 Saldate yesterday and in many other matches he's not looking dominant at all.

I've heard rumors that the weight cut is getting hard or perhaps a lingering injury?

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

He is still undefeated as the #1 seed at 157 but he's looked a bit off lately.  He almost (and probably should have lost) to #21 Saldate yesterday and in many other matches he's not looking dominant at all.

I've heard rumors that the weight cut is getting hard or perhaps a lingering injury?

When did seedings come out?

2 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

We all expected for Levi to make the Penn State leap in year two. The facts of reality are that he is still a VERY good wrestler.. he is just pretty much the same guy that he was last year. Whether its the weight cut or injury that has stopped him from making the leap is unknown to me but we typically expect PSU guys to go from being very good to separating themselves from the pack. Last year he lost to Zerban in OT and then wrestled OT or 1 point matches with Lewan, Robb, Seibricht, Kendal Coleman & Barraclough. 

1 hour ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

I've been wondering the same. I did notice that he went from 2 braces, to 1, to none. My bet is that he has been slowed down by an injury (which could make cutting weight more difficult) but will round into form by Big Ten's barring any further setbacks. 

@Le duke is pretty sharp on PSU news and mentioned the other day that Haines is probably banged up. Multiple injuries going back to last season and surgery over the summer. 

My theory is that Mesenbrink is Mesenbreaking Haines in the practice room.

(kidding, we know PSU doesn't practice like that)

• Fire 1