• Playwire Ad Area

Here’s What You’re Up Against

2 hours ago, Ohio Elite said:

no way I could deal with an HOA

Did it on a three year plan, bought mid construction, house #154 out of a 755 home community. The year I sold, our county ranked #1 in the country in terms of market increase year over. Made out better than I planned.  There was a lot of headaches, and dirt bags, but for our purposes it was worth it. 

But…..never again. 

Edited by WrestlingRasta
  • Fire 1

Effetes are not elite.  Ivy city dwellers are not elite by any definition I accept.  They are most definitely effete. 

My experience is that city and dense suburban dwellers everywhere think everyone else has too much freedom and want to control/limit what the other people can do.  Maybe it is required in a humano-dense area for everyone to forfeit some freedom in order to get along.  However, they should be able to communally make rules ONLY for those in their immediate area.  I neither need nor want effetes in DC or NY or Boston or LA of SF all of whom are over 500 miles from me to have ANY say about how I live or what I do.  It matters not if there are 1 billion million of them and I am only one.  Majority does not rule, majority does not have authority, majority may not infringe my rights, majority may do none of the above  Majority may only vest very limited authority in their own representative who may make decisions for a government that we have also given very limited authority to decide how best to defend us, secure borders, make roads, house criminals, and very little else.

• Fire 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

It’s pretty interesting people actually believe there’s the possibility that there’s going to be a mass uninstallation of AC’s and gas stoves. 

And that the easiest place to find them is among the poison ivy leaguers.  

• Stalling 1

On 1/21/2024 at 5:34 AM, Wrestleknownothing said:

If you had read the survey you would know that the question asked the opposite. You did not read the suvey, did you?

WNK,  please don't say you did research on this and are not just taking the report's analysis at face  value.

mspart

On 1/21/2024 at 9:17 AM, ionel said:

I don't have AC therefore no one should have AC!  Isn't that how its supposed to work?  🙄

That may actually be the case if they limited the study to Seattle.   Most of us do not have AC.   However, I would think elites would.   AC is becoming more common here but I'd say the vast majority of households do not have it in the PNW. 

mspart

3 minutes ago, mspart said:

WNK,  please don't say you did research on this and are not just taking the report's analysis at face  value.

mspart

I am saying the opposite. Unlike offthemat, I took the time to dig up the questions that were asked. And based on the response reported, I am highly skeptical of this survey. As I said multiple times in this thread, anyone who believes that more than 50% of any group, anywhere in the US thinks private A/C should be banned is not thinking critically. Accepting these results at face value is foolish. And foolish is what offthemat does best.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

Another flaw in this survey is that it is not at all representative of the country. They defined elite based on population density. There is no connection between the two. And there are only 8 metropolitan areas in the US with a population density of 10,000+ per mile. Given that I could find nothing detailed about the methodology, I am sure the methodology is crap.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

23 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Another flaw in this survey is that it is not at all representative of the country. They defined elite based on population density. There is no connection between the two. And there are only 8 metropolitan areas in the US with a population density of 10,000+ per mile. Given that I could find nothing detailed about the methodology, I am sure the methodology is crap.

*footnote:  you can sub 'likes bourbon for population density.  😉

45 minutes ago, mspart said:

That may actually be the case if they limited the study to Seattle.   Most of us do not have AC.   However, I would think elites would.   AC is becoming more common here but I'd say the vast majority of households do not have it in the PNW. 

mspart

Middle son went to high school at what most would consider elite hs (top public not private) and most all parents were "elites" (some were not) they were also very much about the green environment issues.  Always loved it when picking up son from soccer practice on perfect 68/72 degree day.  I'd get out of the truck go sit on the grassy hill to watch end of practice the elite parents would part their cars by the chain fence, engine on, windows rolled, AC turned on to watch thru the windshield.  

Edited by ionel

14 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

All of this is covered in the posted article.  Hinderaker is an excellent and respected lawyer and columnist.  He relays Rasmussen’s (a respected pollster) poll just as presented.  You have issues, that I’m not concerned about, but don’t have a leg to stand on.  If you ever get this sorted out, you’re going to find that Rasmussen indeed set the methodology and received the data as presented. 

47 minutes ago, mspart said:

mspart

Oldest son move Cape Canaveral to Portland, now has no AC.  He and I are doing, as Biden would say, more than our fair share.  C'mon People!  

On 1/21/2024 at 11:11 AM, Offthemat said:

Just like anything else.  The majority of people being law abiding, they’d pass a law restricting sales, parts and repairs, and rely on neighbors and family reporting, similar to covid. 

Is there history of this or a similar law with similar intent being passed in the past? 

Just looking to see if there is a comparison somewhere to figure out the next step.