• Playwire Ad Area

PSU vs Mich - explanation why Amine got beat

From the NCAA.com site on wrestling. Bold type is my emphasis

"While the evening started slower than expected at 157 pounds in a 2-1 match between No. 1 Levi Haines and No. 7 Cameron Amine that was decided by a stall call, Mesenbrink turned up the heat, overpowering Amine 12-1 in a statement match for the freshman. Amine has finished on the podium in his last three tournament appearances, ending up fourth last year. Mesenbrink's performance suggests he's not only an All-American contender but a title threat for Penn State."

----------------------------

Not only is this NCAA site an embarassment to reporting timely results much of the time, they can't even get the basics right.

But, this type of writing explains why Amine lost so big, doesn't it? Amine wrestling his second match within 5 minutes? The guy was tired.

--------------------------

Seriously, the NCAA site does a generally poor job on wrestling. If their football reporting was this bad they would have been shut down already.

• Clown 1

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

22 minutes ago, AgaveMaria said:

"While the evening started slower than expected at 157 pounds in a 2-1 match between No. 1 Levi Haines and No. 7 Cameron Amine that was decided by a stall call, Mesenbrink turned up the heat, overpowering Amine 12-1 in a statement match for the freshman. Amine has finished on the podium in his last three tournament appearances, ending up fourth last year. Mesenbrink's performance suggests he's not only an All-American contender but a title threat for Penn State."

Not only is this NCAA site an embarassment to reporting timely results much of the time, they can't even get the basics right.

But, this type of writing explains why Amine lost so big, doesn't it? Amine wrestling his second match within 5 minutes? The guy was tired.

Seriously, the NCAA site does a generally poor job on wrestling. If their football reporting was this bad they would have been shut down already.

I wonder if it was AI generated? I am noticing these kind of factual errors in ESPN.com stories too.

• Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

To be fair by the 3rd period it looked like Amine had wrestled all day.  I've have never seen him that battered before.  Maybe he was sick or getting over something because although generally not would I would call an overly offensive guy, he usually has a good tank.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I wonder if it was AI generated? I am noticing these kind of factual errors in ESPN.com stories too.

Most likely , sports illustrated got busted using A.I. when it names Deon sanders sports person of the year after he went like 4-8 lol and after the outrage instead of fixing the issue they laid the entire staff and have gone 100 % A.I. 

15 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Most likely , sports illustrated got busted using A.I. when it names Deon sanders sports person of the year after he went like 4-8 lol and after the outrage instead of fixing the issue they laid the entire staff and have gone 100 % A.I. 

More on SI

https://www.theringer.com/media/2024/1/19/24044671/sports-illustrated-obituary-redux

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

6 hours ago, AgaveMaria said:

Even if they had gotten the name right, the bigger error is calling a 2-1 score in a Will Lewan match “slower than expected.”

• Fire 1
  • Haha 6

Even if they had gotten the name right, the bigger error is calling a 2-1 score in a Will Lewan match “slower than expected.”

Jokes aside, I will say that Haines hasn’t looked like he did last year. Will he likely round into form? I’d bet on it. But he’s not there yet.

Interesting to note that he went from two knee pads/sleeves, to one, and now zero.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fire 1

Agree on Haines, he's winning but I was thinking he'd take a step and separate himself rom most of the top10 after what he did last year as a true freshman.  Doesn't seem to be the case for whatever reason...

Agree on Haines, he's winning but I was thinking he'd take a step and separate himself rom most of the top10 after what he did last year as a true freshman.  Doesn't seem to be the case for whatever reason...

He had knee surgery for his torn meniscus this past summer, and then appeared to tweak his other knee at their opening tournament this season. Dropped out of the NWCA All Star because of that.

I’m guessing he’ll improve relatively quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fire 1