• Playwire Ad Area

Michigan PSU, sorry couldn't find old topic.

4 minutes ago, jmoney said:

Lewan has been hurt for awhile too. It would be bold to put him to the slaughter at Penn State.

There are a couple of current dudes I wouldn't want my first match back from injury to be against, and those would be Levi Haines and Carter Starocci. 

I was kind of amazed that Indiana threw Lillard out there against Mesenbrink, though. Mesenbrink isn't exactly brutal but he's not going to be gentle on you, either.

1 hour ago, Le duke said:

There are a couple of current dudes I wouldn't want my first match back from injury to be against, and those would be Levi Haines and Carter Starocci. 

I was kind of amazed that Indiana threw Lillard out there against Mesenbrink, though. Mesenbrink isn't exactly brutal but he's not going to be gentle on you, either.

MM's style is brutal,  his pace is crazy.  He is going to gas alot of people,  I think he beats Amine comfortably..  

• Fire 1

MM's style is brutal,  his pace is crazy.  He is going to gas alot of people,  I think he beats Amine comfortably..  

True. Different kind of brutality.

Although all three of them have great pace, but Haines and Starocci tend to pour it on more gradually, and beat you up along the way. MM goes from the gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

I'm gonna pick it as generously as I possibly can for Michigan...

DeAugustino dec Davis (3-0)

Ragusin dec Nagao (6-0)

Bartlett Dec Lemley (6-3)

Gomez Maj Kasak (10-3)

Lewan dec Haines (13-3) (in keeping with the super michigan optimism I decided to give them 157 or 174)

Amine dec Mesenbrink (16-3)

Starocci dec Griffin (16-6)

Truax dec Bullock (16-9)

Brooks maj Striggow (16-13)

Davison dec Kerk (19-13)

Ok so, with my finger on the scale at every weight in michigans favor......I'm telling you there's a chance....

Yeah I think this is the most generous you could be while still being within the realm of possibility.  In reality I’m thinking:

125: DeAugustino dec Davis 3-0 Mich

133: Nagao dec Ragusin 3-3

141: Bartlett dec Lemley 6-3 PSU

149: Gomez dec Kasak 6-6

157 Haines tech Mattin 11-6 PSU

165 Mesenbrink dec Amine 14-6

174 Starocci dec Griffith 17-6

184 Truax dec Bullock 20-6

197 Brooks major Striggow 24-6

285 Kerk dec Davison 27-6

I think I saw the line was 20?  If Lewan wrestles then Michigan has a good shot to cover IMO.

Flo just put up a few interviews on YouTube with Michigan guys.  Gomez was one of them (good interview but can’t remember if they specifically talked PSU) so I’m thinking he’s in but could be wrong. Griffith said they should have a “full lineup except one of our guys”…guessing that’s Lewan

1 hour ago, Pinnacle said:

If Gomez is in Mexico then my top match here is to see if a kid that looks like this: 

image.png.9016291ff586148229c1f1c6601210ca.png

can beat a man who looks like this:

image.png.081ea7f404cf820921910a5edb1e7af4.png

Can Braeden Davis even grow peach fuzz at this point?  If someone should get another 9 years of eligibility it should be Davis since he's clearly a 13 year old true freshman.

• Fire 1

8 hours ago, Threadkilla said:

I heard that story once before. Here's how it unfolded in real life:

i am an idiot on the internet

43 minutes ago, Pinnacle said:

Since when did Marinelli become Mr. Gas Tank? I thought he was Mr. Heavy Hands.

For clarification, he is Ole Lunchbox Mits.

• Haha 2

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

Cael was practically giddy (for Cael) talking about Mesenbrink.

Yeah, I was going to reference that as well.

No offense to Marinelli but he’d get absolutely lit up by MM in Freestyle.

• Fire 2

3 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Flo just put up a few interviews on YouTube with Michigan guys.  Gomez was one of them (good interview but can’t remember if they specifically talked PSU) so I’m thinking he’s in but could be wrong. Griffith said they should have a “full lineup except one of our guys”…guessing that’s Lewan

Lewan was also one of the interviews and seemed excited to get a chance to knock off Haines.  

Only guy I can see being out is Gomez, if true he in Mexico

4 hours ago, Pinnacle said:

If Gomez is in Mexico then my top match here is to see if a kid that looks like this: 

image.png.9016291ff586148229c1f1c6601210ca.png

can beat a man who looks like this:

image.png.081ea7f404cf820921910a5edb1e7af4.png

In my experience people with hair like that need a haircut/personality...

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

1 hour ago, Pish said:

Lewan was also one of the interviews and seemed excited to get a chance to knock off Haines.  

Only guy I can see being out is Gomez, if true he in Mexico

Thanks, missed the Lewan one.  Then yea that could be the case.

• Fire 1

5 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Yeah I think this is the most generous you could be while still being within the realm of possibility.  In reality I’m thinking:

125: DeAugustino dec Davis 3-0 Mich

133: Nagao dec Ragusin 3-3

141: Bartlett dec Lemley 6-3 PSU

149: Gomez dec Kasak 6-6

157 Haines tech Mattin 11-6 PSU

165 Mesenbrink dec Amine 14-6

174 Starocci dec Griffith 17-6

184 Truax dec Bullock 20-6

197 Brooks major Striggow 24-6

285 Kerk dec Davison 27-6

I think I saw the line was 20?  If Lewan wrestles then Michigan has a good shot to cover IMO.

Line is PSU -22, jumped up briefly to 22.5, I'm trying to find a reason to not take the points with Michigan. 22 is soooo many but I know deep down if I take the points, I'll be praying that Davidson can somehow beat Kerk and will be resigned to losing my money like a chump

Just now, Xmas32 said:

Line is PSU -22, jumped up briefly to 22.5, I'm trying to find a reason to not take the points with Michigan. 22 is soooo many but I know deep down if I take the points, I'll be praying that Davidson can somehow beat Kerk and will be resigned to losing my money like a chump

If Lewan is in but Gomez is out, for me then it’s Haines dec Lewan and Kasak at least majors whoever the backup 149 is. Which would make it 29-3.    The only matches Michigan really has much chance to flip would IMO be 133, 165, 157 in that order.  But they could also lose 125.  Long story short they should “only” need to win 2 of those 4 to cover a 22 point spread if no Gomez.  But bonus could also throw it off too

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, 1032004 said:

If Lewan is in but Gomez is out, for me then it’s Haines dec Lewan and Kasak at least majors whoever the backup 149 is. Which would make it 29-3.    The only matches Michigan really has much chance to flip would IMO be 133, 165, 157 in that order.  But they could also lose 125.  Long story short they should “only” need to win 2 of those 4 to cover a 22 point spread if no Gomez.  But bonus could also throw it off too

Yep, agreed. I'll need to keep my eyes posted to see if Michigan announces their lineup ahead of time.

If anyone truly thinks that Cam Amine will beat Mesenbrink - step up to the plate and lets wager our avatar picture for one month.  

I will also take that bet. I think it’s more likely Amine ducks than he beats MM.

First time for everything.

1 minute ago, flyingcement said:

If anyone truly thinks that Cam Amine will beat Mesenbrink - step up to the plate and lets wager our avatar picture for one month.  

I’d give him about a 33% chance.