• Playwire Ad Area

Gardner-Webb vs Duke on ESPN+

Raymond Adams - the freshman starter for Blue Devils at 133 has dropped down to 125 unexpectedly and gets the first takedown against Drew West

Edit: announcers faked me out.  It was actually Agin at 125 and Adams went 133

Edited by flyingcement

18 minutes ago, H82Lose said:

Duke is really, really bad. GW is 3rd best team in SOCON? I think SOCON comes down between APP ST and Cambell

Duke is the premier academic university in the ACC, and that is including Notre Dame.  They are the only Top 10 institution in the ACC.

If they got the right leadership in there with appropriate backing, they could be a powerhouse.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

3 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Duke is the premier academic university in the ACC, and that is including Notre Dame.  They are the only Top 10 institution in the ACC.

If they got the right leadership in there with appropriate backing, they could be a powerhouse.

Imagine if their Wrestling program was like their Basketball program. Scarry stuff!

• Fire 1

17 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I think Jacob Kasper might have mentioned something a while back about it being a program with not much funding or resources. They had a good run with him and the finesilvers hopefully they can replicate that in the future. 

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

I do not disagree with any of this, right now they are down right terrible. 

Duke has never had any pull as a program within the University.  This limits the number of guys who can get in, because if you want to go to Duke, you basically have to get yourself into the school and then have the privilege of joining the program.  This is the dance that all the programs have to do at the top top academic schools, and is what makes Cornell's and Princeton's (relative) success so impressive.  They bring the school a considerable amount of positive clout, so I imagine they have a bit more pull come admissions time.  

Duke doesn't have that.  The coaches can't just tap a guy on the head and say "I deem him worthy" and get him in. 

7 hours ago, Fletcher said:

What are the GPA/ACT standards for the App. St. wrestling team?

Ok, I will play that game, What are the GPA/ACT standards for Cornell, Princeton, sh*t Harvard. What is the next excuse? I would argue Duke has a better campus than everyone of those schools, I would argue they have had great success at other sports as well. 

4 hours ago, H82Lose said:

Ok, I will play that game, What are the GPA/ACT standards for Cornell, Princeton, sh*t Harvard. What is the next excuse? I would argue Duke has a better campus than everyone of those schools, I would argue they have had great success at other sports as well. 

Nonresponsive answer - I know it can be hard to stay on topic.

Fact is admission standards at Duke rule out many wrestlers that App. State can take.