• Playwire Ad Area

FYI Iowa MInnesota is tonight....

What is the crush on McKee? Everyone is living in the past with him at this point. He’s always been a guy in the 8-15 ranking range the past 5 years. What manipulates peoples minds is he is very good at refocusing on the backside of the bracket. Better than most everyone else. Go through his brackets and see that he rarely runs into those landmine guys. 

He has been injured obviously look at his left knee. He literally had nothing more to give whether it be lack of cardio, injury or IMO he has Had Enough Wrestling. His body is injured badly and he just can’t take much more punishment

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, Lunaticfringe said:

What is the crush on McKee? Everyone is living in the past with him at this point. He’s always been a guy in the 8-15 ranking range the past 5 years. What manipulates peoples minds is he is very good at refocusing on the backside of the bracket. Better than most everyone else. Go through his brackets and see that he rarely runs into those landmine guys. 

He has been injured obviously look at his left knee. He literally had nothing more to give whether it be lack of cardio, injury or IMO he has Had Enough Wrestling. His body is injured badly and he just can’t take much more punishment

What is your problem with McKee? Whatever it is, get over it.

Patrick is as tough a wrestler as you'll ever run across.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

If you've ever wrestled, you'd know that mental toughness is the most important toughness.

What's your question?

I just remember watching Spencer maul him a few times.  So I was wondering if you meant mental or physical toughness.  It's all good

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

I also wouldn't worry about McKee. The McKee's are made from different stuff. I'd still put $ on Patrick.

This right here.  Mckee always looks so average during the season, drops some losses he shouldn't and just flips a switch at nationals.  Dude is a blood round bandit. 

Only thing that might bite him this year is that he is a 6th year senior right now, and the weight cut might be extra expensive considering he's 24~25.  

• Fire 2

1 hour ago, WildTurk said:

I just remember watching Spencer maul him a few times.  So I was wondering if you meant mental or physical toughness.  It's all good

image.png.190c6c5e924c462826bfde1425d3c3df.png

This was a mental/physical test that I believe was a fail for your guy. But it's all good.

Edited by crzyctldy
  • Fire 2

I just watched keuter's match on youtube again, dude looks like a 197 who hasn't cut any weight.  Looks like he's making training and weight decisions based on football.  I'm guessing he had aspirations of hitting the 240's at some point, but is running into the reality that coming back into the wrestling room always wrings a bunch of weight off your frame.

I hope the dude gets it figured out, obviously nerves are a real thing, especially in Carver.  Mark Hall lost his first varsity match his freshman year to a middle of the road Iowa guy, a few months later he was a national champ.  

Unpopular thing that I do remember from back in the day, one of my teammates laughing after practice about how getting better at wrestling makes you worse at every other sport.  I hope Keuter doesn't unnecessarily hinder his progress.  He's a Junior World Champ.  Football, if he does have playing time, is also home to FAR more frequent and instantaneously catastrophic injuries than wrestling.  

• Fire 1

7 hours ago, wrestle87 said:

I just watched keuter's match on youtube again, dude looks like a 197 who hasn't cut any weight.  Looks like he's making training and weight decisions based on football.  I'm guessing he had aspirations of hitting the 240's at some point, but is running into the reality that coming back into the wrestling room always wrings a bunch of weight off your frame.

I hope the dude gets it figured out, obviously nerves are a real thing, especially in Carver.  Mark Hall lost his first varsity match his freshman year to a middle of the road Iowa guy, a few months later he was a national champ.  

Unpopular thing that I do remember from back in the day, one of my teammates laughing after practice about how getting better at wrestling makes you worse at every other sport.  I hope Keuter doesn't unnecessarily hinder his progress.  He's a Junior World Champ.  Football, if he does have playing time, is also home to FAR more frequent and instantaneously catastrophic injuries than wrestling.  

Typically guys have lost weight during football season as well because they can't get in to the weight room or get high enough calories to keep it up.

I imagine since he wasn't on the field as much he would have been able to find a way around that, unless he was taking a lot of snaps during practice.

He looks perfectly sized for 197 as well.  Almost a leaner version of Amos (which says a lot for Amos making 197, too).

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

10 hours ago, Lunaticfringe said:

What is the disdain For McKee?  I see way more of that than people with a crush on him. 

Edited by JimmyBT

Ben was 237 during football and was 220 for the Nebraska dual. Last night I heard  he was 229 but haven't seen the official weight. He's been in the room everyday for 2 weeks now so his wrestling shape isn't quite there yet. My opinion he's probably a R16 guy depending on his draw.  Luffman IL in a few weeks will be a good measuring stick. 

• Fire 2

51 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

What is the disdain For McKee?  I see way more of that than people with a crush on him. 

I have always appreciated McKee's grit and toughness. I also find his mat wrestling fun to watch. His bottom arsenal is mostly switches and rolls.. which you do not see a lot of today. His bottom game is akin to how heavyweights wrestle so it is cool to see a 125lber using similar techniques with great success. Shows how wrestling is such a diverse sport and individuals can have success with a variety of techniques. 

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Corby said:

Ben was 237 during football and was 220 for the Nebraska dual. Last night I heard  he was 229 but haven't seen the official weight. He's been in the room everyday for 2 weeks now so his wrestling shape isn't quite there yet. My opinion he's probably a R16 guy depending on his draw.  Luffman IL in a few weeks will be a good measuring stick. 

He apparently weighed-in at 228 for the dual. Imo it's all upside from here through the postseason. Getting his conditioning up will go a long way. 

16 hours ago, Lunaticfringe said:

Guys he’s beaten at NCAA’s alone:

2023 - DeAugustino (4th 2022)

2022 - Courtney (2nd/6th/3rd)

2022 & 2021 - Barnett (7th/8th)

2022 - Cardinale (8th 2023)

2021 - Hildebrandt (4th 2021)

2021 - Lamont (5th 2021)

Seems pretty good to me.