• Playwire Ad Area

PSU at Michigan 1/19 6pm ET on BTN

53 minutes ago, Pish said:

DeAugistino dec Davis 3-0 Mich (I'm being cautious with Davis at this point)

Nagao dec Ragusin 3-3

Bartlett dec Lemley 6-3 PSU

Gomez dec Kasak 6-6

Haines dec Lewan 9-6 PSU

MM dec Amine 12-6 PSU

Star md Griffith 16-6 PSU

Truax md Bullox 20-6 PSU

Brooks tech Striggow 25-6 PSU

Kerk dec Davison 28-6 PSU

This is about as close to how I see it going.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Barr get the nod again.  He has two more goes and they don't need Truax to win this dual.

I think Amine pulls the Decision, though, or at least I am hoping for it.  If Lewan isn't back in, Haines will get 5 or 6 there.

If Kasak can avoid the big move, I think he has a great chance at outwrestling Gomez.

Call it 27-9 and flip your 125/133 match results as well.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

2 minutes ago, Pish said:

What's the story with Lewan?  Has he been injured?  Expected back Friday?

Honestly not sure, I just chocked it up to age.  Most of these guys should be taking a small break in the season from weight management so they can gear up for B1Gs and NCAAs.

4 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Barr get the nod again.  He has two more goes and they don't need Truax to win this dual.

I think Amine pulls the Decision, though, or at least I am hoping for it.  If Lewan isn't back in, Haines will get 5 or 6 there.

If Kasak can avoid the big move, I think he has a great chance at outwrestling Gomez.

Truax was sick this past weekend..only way he will sit out is if he's still sick..he needs matches..only has 6 so far.

• Fire 1

8 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I really want to put MD for Messenbrink because I really believe he puts it on Amine..I don't see how Amine has any chance to win though.  I'd be shocked if this is a typical come down to the wire Amine style match

As far as 133--I get it..we both like our guy

• Fire 1

22 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

A perfect world for Michigan would be DeAugustino win, Ragusin win, Gomez pin ( he can pin anyone), Lewan win (was an overtime match last year) and Amine win..that puts them at 18 points..that would be 5-5 split with 3 bonus.  Can Kerk, Star, Brooks, Bartlett and Truax get at least 3 bonus?  

Highly doubtful this all happens on same night, but at least Michigan has a slight chance ..

Edited by Pish
  • Fire 3

44 minutes ago, Pish said:

A perfect world for Michigan would be DeAugustino win, Ragusin win, Gomez pin ( he can pin anyone), Lewan win (was an overtime match last year) and Amine win..that puts them at 18 points..that would be 5-5 split with 3 bonus.  Can Kerk, Star, Brooks, Bartlett and Truax get at least 3 bonus?  

Highly doubtful this all happens on same night, but at least Michigan has a slight chance ..

Perfect world would also be a Griffith, Bullock, and Davison win, as well as a Lemley win. 🤣

• Fire 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pish said:

This is fair, but even if that does happen Brooks, Bartlett and Truax alone probably get at least 3 bonus 

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

Honestly not sure, I just chocked it up to age.  Most of these guys should be taking a small break in the season from weight management so they can gear up for B1Gs and NCAAs.

I saw they were not planning to use Griffith against MSU but ended up doing so after the Saldate pin and Amine loss.  Guess Bormet cares about duals more than Mike Grey

• Haha 1

125  DeAug dec Davis 0-3 UM
133  Ragusin dec Nagao 0-6 
141  Bartlett dec Lemley 3-6 
149  Kasak dec Gomez 3-9 
157  Haines tf Mattin 8-9
165  Amine dec Mesenbrink 8-12
174  Starocci dec Griffith 11-12
184  Truax dec Bullock  14-12 PSU
197  Brooks maj Striggow  18-12
285  Kerkvliet dec Davison 21-12 

8 hours ago, nhs67 said:

It's PSU so you know they'll have a game plan to keep Kasak from getting tossed. No disrespect to Gomez, but I think Kasak could steal one on conditioning and scrambling. I'm not convinced that Gomez has the gas tank to keep up or is healthy enough atm to scramble through spaghetti situations with Kasak. We shall see.

20 minutes ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

It's PSU so you know they'll have a game plan to keep Kasak from getting tossed. No disrespect to Gomez, but I think Kasak could steal one on conditioning and scrambling. I'm not convinced that Gomez has the gas tank to keep up or is healthy enough atm to scramble through spaghetti situations with Kasak. We shall see.

What Gomez has going for him here, that he loses against the othet elite 149lbers is size.  He should be the bigger wrestler in this one.

1 hour ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

Gomez looked healthy at the world championships, so I would not be surprised to see the level he was at when he beat Yianni.

Even though he wound up getting pinned, his three toss attempts in the world match with Nick Lee are worth the price of admission.

https://www.flowrestling.org/events/11049592-2023-senior-world-championships/videos?playing=11251702

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

Gomez looked healthy at the world championships, so I would not be surprised to see the level he was at when he beat Yianni.
Even though he wound up getting pinned, his three toss attempts in the world match with Nick Lee are worth the price of admission.
https://www.flowrestling.org/events/11049592-2023-senior-world-championships/videos?playing=11251702

This was a “Call an ambulance, but not for me” match for Nick Lee.

He might not have the highlight reel that Gomez does but he’s really, really effective when he goes for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Pinnacle said:

Amine has held some great wrestlers to 3 points or less. 

But scores only 2 escapes if his one takedown attempt with 30 seconds left in the match does not work.  I wonder if he has more stall calls against him that TDs in his career.  At least in his matches against quality competition.

17 minutes ago, Le duke said:

This was a “Call an ambulance, but not for me” match for Nick Lee.

He might not have the highlight reel that Gomez does but he’s really, really effective when he goes for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, there are a few who paid a price when they tried going upper body with Nick Lee.

16 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Yeah, there are a few who paid a price when they tried going upper body with Nick Lee.

Are all the Lees genetic freaks, is there something about the double e?  😮

Did anyone else see after Michigan beat PSU at Big tens and Andy Hrovat on social media said basically that other college teams should contract him to teach them how to beat Penn State. I would have liked to think he was being ironic so i wouldn't have to cringe so hard. 

Anyway between that comment and the fact that Michigan is vacuuming up tranfers while exporting all its international talent, I think its gonna be the first time I'm really cheering for PSU in awhile. I don't actually blame them for the transfer thing, they didn't make the rules, I do think the other part is gross though.

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

7 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

Did anyone else see after Michigan beat PSU at Big tens and Andy Hrovat on social media said basically that other college teams should contract him to teach them how to beat Penn State. I would have liked to think he was being ironic so i wouldn't have to cringe so hard. 

Anyway between that comment and the fact that Michigan is vacuuming up tranfers while exporting all its international talent, I think its gonna be the first time I'm really cheering for PSU in awhile. I don't actually blame them for the transfer thing, they didn't make the rules, I do think the other part is gross though.

PSU trains a lot of people who do or have wrestled elsewhere internationally too.

14 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

PSU trains a lot of people who do or have wrestled elsewhere internationally too.

yeah fair point, just seems like its policy at Michigan, not a lamentable alternative.

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."