• Playwire Ad Area

Christian Pyles controversy

First AJ Ferrari calls him Christina, now he's making bold statements and causing more controversy. What is he trying to do here? 2024 is not off to a good start. See tweet with Willie and Pat Minnow below:

Edited by pokemonster
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, KLCarnegieTech_1969 said:

Pyles is not a good look for Flo or the sport.  The Clark Kent horned-rim Tennis coach thing doesn't work for wrestling.  It's never quite clear what he is trying to say.  His message often gets lost after having to get through the wishy washy moralistic and apologetic nonsense.  

When I watch FRL I think Pyle does a fine job. He has things to say, points to make, and steers the conversation.

Then I watch these clips they put out on Twitter of Pyle sitting in front of the window talking and I find it hard to believe he is the voice of Flo. They seem very poorly thought out, rarely make a strong point making me wonder why I took the time to watch, and the verbal ticks (um, uh, you know) drive me to distraction. It is as if he does not talk on camera for a living.

• Fire 6

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

4 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

When I watch FRL I think Pyle does a fine job. He has things to say, points to make, and steers the conversation.

Then I watch these clips they put out on Twitter of Pyle sitting in front of the window talking and I find it hard to believe he is the voice of Flo. They seem very poorly thought out, rarely make a strong point making me wonder why I took the time to watch, and the verbal ticks (um, uh, you know) drive me to distraction. It is as if he does not talk on camera for a living.

its cause he's trying to sound profound, which doesn't work when you're talking about something completely obvious or based on a rumor that you refuse to substaniate. The whole purpose of these videos is to remind us that he's supposed to be the voice of flowresting, because, you know, they decided he is. 

• Fire 3

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

Of course it's not a controversy.  It's just hard to imagine why he was hired.  He is painful to listen to.  I think Flo underestimated its viewing audience and hired somebody that is better suited as a CNN anchor than an amateur wrestling analyst.  He comes off as a sad version of Mr. Rogers looking like Clark Kent in horned-rim glasses.  

Edited by KLCarnegieTech_1969
  • Fire 5

This isn't related but in terms of content Flo is put out a goofy article asking if Vito was going to go down, which he obviously wasn't cause Unger is a title threat, and dropped another article right after that he wasn't going to. Wreaks of floating a rumor just to justify a headline. 

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

19 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Speaking of Willie, gotta admit, the BEG guy making fun of him was kinda funny

Wait, what?

Someone trying to mess with our Brain?

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

20 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Mostly making fun of his chewing tobacco habit 

As long as he doesn't swallow, sure.  I'll let it slide.

Also, don't let me drink from his spit bottle... The mfckrs who just let folks do that are evil as fck.

• Confused 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me