• Playwire Ad Area

Ragusin

nhs67

Word is Ragusin is off Redshirt and will be on the mat against Maryland.

This either means that Cannon is injured and will be taking a medical or that Ragusin beat him out and Cannon is going up to challenge Lemley.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

I would think the former due to Cannon not wrestling since he was concussed against Rini. This is Cannon's 5th year in college so it is also possible that he hangs up his shoes and moves on. 

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Gus said:

I would think the former due to Cannon not wrestling since he was concussed against Rini. This is Cannon's 5th year in college so it is also possible that he hangs up his shoes and moves on. 

He was talking coming into the season that he had 2 years of eligibility left and he planned to use them. 

16 minutes ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

Looking forward to Ragusin and Nagao this week. Any word on how Ragusin has been handling his cut at 133? 

He wrestled at a few opens at 133 prior to his RS being pulled 

• Fire 1

6 hours ago, Corby said:

He wrestled at a few opens at 133 prior to his RS being pulled 

Correct, he didn’t get as heavy as he would have liked, which is why he stayed at 133 an planned to redshirt. The plan originally was to go 141 and Lemley RS.p

• Fire 2

2 minutes ago, jmoney said:

I'm a big fan of Ragusin and think he should earn All-American honors with Cannon/Byrd/Mendez out the picture. 133 was absolutely brutal last year and still looks competitive again.

He also handled Shawver quite easily in the finals of a recent tournament and Shawver has been on fire this year otherwise.  Ragusin seems like a very high likely AA for sure

• Fire 1

Just now, flyingcement said:

He also handled Shawver quite easily in the finals of a recent tournament and Shawver has been on fire this year otherwise.  Ragusin seems like a very high likely AA for sure

Man I watched Shawver annhilate the Purdue Macatangay guy- if you want to see a guy just dominate the last period of a match and abuse someone with endurance-style superiority watch that third period. I hadn't realized Ragusin defeated him. What a W!

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, jmoney said:

Man I watched Shawver annhilate the Purdue Macatangay guy- if you want to see a guy just dominate the last period of a match and abuse someone with endurance-style superiority watch that third period. I hadn't realized Ragusin defeated him. What a W!

4-1 in the Midlands finals.  I just checked.  In my mind, I don't remember it being that close, but a solid win nonetheless.  

1 minute ago, flyingcement said:

4-1 in the Midlands finals.  I just checked.  In my mind, I don't remember it being that close, but a solid win nonetheless.  

Nice- he looked great in the maryland match, and announcers said he has practiced his top wrestling extensively. Excited for BIG 10 season!

• Fire 1