• Playwire Ad Area

The Government can’t give someone something without first taking it from someone else

4 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

Now go back and count the number o questions I asked that you didn’t answer.  Please do spell it out.  

7 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Also, you didn't answer my question. Do you have an idea of what my theory is or no. Because your response doesn't get at it. Makes me think 'no'. If you want me to spell it out, I can, if its not clear. Just making sure we're on the same page so we don't get confused and frustrated and start lashing out. 

You said you would yet nothing. 

4 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

So how do people feel about taxes??

Lol. I’ve had people on here tell me they’re too low. Then I ask what’s stopping them from paying more than they have to.  Crickets. 

Edited by JimmyBT
Spelling
  • Fire 2

52 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

It’s always interesting to me when people say we aren’t as great as we think we and other countries are better.  There a million people a year (that’s the legal ones) trying to get into and America and away from those other countries.  Then add in what’s happening illegally.  Why would that be if it’s not that great here?? 

as for the tax system: we already have just under half of the population (those eligible to pay) that doesn’t pay any federal income tax.  

1. Our country might be better then there's but still not as good as it could be. Is your opinion that our country is as good as it could ever be. 1 should their opinion be excluded because they're in a country that is not their original home?

44 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

Doesn’t the social contract for this country lean heavily on our constitution?  

2. I guess it does. 

49 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

Why shouldn’t they be?  Become a legal citizen and you can have all the say you want. 

3. Negating my questions isn't an answer. They 'shouldn't be' because you haven't given an answer why they should. We give ALL the rights then start to take them away. Not the other way around. 

30 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

Now go back and count the number o questions I asked that you didn’t answer.  Please do spell it out.  

4. Leaning a bit in the condescending and arrogant tone. Not really appreciating it. I don't think I've struck a tone at all close to this but to each their own. 

29 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

Gee now you know why maybe I didn’t one question of yours huh?

Still no response to this. It still makes no sense. Care to edit? 

24 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

You said you would yet nothing. 

Something

23 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

Check on your theory???  Hmmmmmm 

Still not convinced you know what I'm talking about. 

You're turn. 

16 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

Lol. I’ve had people on here tell me they’re too low. Then I ask what’s stopping them from paying more than they have to.  Crickets. 

Why do you think this is point in your favor? If you have a point to make why don't you make it. Instead of shut down a conversation. 

Shutting down someone feels great and all but why not convince them of your point? Who wins when you do that? 

5 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

1. Our country might be better then there's but still not as good as it could be. Is your opinion that our country is as good as it could ever be. 1 should their opinion be excluded because they're in a country that is not their original home?

2. I guess it does. 

3. Negating my questions isn't an answer. They 'shouldn't be' because you haven't given an answer why they should. We give ALL the rights then start to take them away. Not the other way around. 

4. Leaning a bit in the condescending and arrogant tone. Not really appreciating it. I don't think I've struck a tone at all close to this but to each their own. 

Still no response to this. It still makes no sense. Care to edit? 

Something

Still not convinced you know what I'm talking about. 

You're turn. 

Still haven’t spelled out your theory for me.  

21 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

So how do people feel about taxes??

It is too low. 

I wish I could afford to pay more. But I can't. If I made more, I'd pay more and that's fine with me. 

I want people in much worse places than me to get a leg up and not suffer for the bad luck of being born in their situation. Money doesn't trickle down. We know this. As a non-rich person. It does me no good to vote for people that try to help rich people keep their money. Taxing them more will not make them suffer or fall out of their rich-ness. But will help many poor people become contributing members of society. Which I imagine is something everyone can get behind. 

Why do you think this is point in your favor? If you have a point to make why don't you make it. Instead of shut down a conversation. 

Shutting down someone feels great and all but why not convince them of your point? Who wins when you do that? 

Most people could figure out what I meant from that. Taxes are too high. 

Just now, JimmyBT said:

Still haven’t spelled out your theory for me.  

My theory is, that regardless of where they came from and their status as a citizen, anyone with knowledge of this country that has an opinion of how it could be improved should be listened to. That's all we were talking about. 

You, as I understand it, disagree. If so, why? 

Just now, ThreePointTakedown said:

My theory is, that regardless of where they came from and their status as a citizen, anyone with knowledge of this country that has an opinion of how it could be improved should be listened to. That's all we were talking about. 

You, as I understand it, disagree. If so, why? 

Listened to and paid for is your theory 

1 minute ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Is it, where did I say that? 

2 minutes ago, JimmyBT said:

Listened to and paid for is your theory 

It is too low. 

I wish I could afford to pay more. But I can't. If I made more, I'd pay more and that's fine with me. 

I want people in much worse places than me to get a leg up and not suffer for the bad luck of being born in their situation. Money doesn't trickle down. We know this. As a non-rich person. It does me no good to vote for people that try to help rich people keep their money. Taxing them more will not make them suffer or fall out of their rich-ness. But will help many poor people become contributing members of society. Which I imagine is something everyone can get behind. 

Ummmmmmm 

Why do you think that is the case?

Because almost half of all Americans eligible to pay federal income tax don’t pay any. That means the other half is paying for it out of their taxes. 

Just now, JimmyBT said:

Because almost half of all Americans eligible to pay federal income tax don’t pay any. That means the other half is paying for it out of their taxes. 

Why is that bad? They still pay taxes in other ways, right? And often in higher % of income then any other taxes. So what's the problem. 

Edited by ThreePointTakedown

4 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

Why is that bad? They still pay taxes in other ways, right? And often in higher % of income then any other taxes. So what's the problem. 

Others pay taxes in other ways too. Right??