• Playwire Ad Area

Nebraska vs Iowa

1 hour ago, billyhoyle said:

Anyone else think it's odd that Shane Sparks keeps referring to the mat as "Resilite?"  

It was driving me up a ***ducking** wall. How about Dollamur? How about other brands? How about not using language that confuses those that don’t know the manufacture of wrestling mats. Just call it a mat bro……

I go back and forth on Shane Sparks. His passion is unmatched but on podcasts he talks too much, talks over people, says dumb things, and his voice is so over the top, even for a broadcaster. 

1 minute ago, FanOfPurdueWrestling said:

Polar bear is just getting started to be fair, but yes there was no reason to use Keuter. That’s also assuming he’s the better of the two…..

Junior world champ is probably better than 189 state 2nd.

And Polar Bear had so much hype! 

I was trying to temper the hype, but people laid it on.

So, I will bask in this for an evening.

On 1/10/2024 at 8:46 PM, JimmyBT said:

125 Iowa 3

133 Iowa 3

141 Iowa 3

149 Neb 4

157 Iowa 3

165 Iowa 4

174 Iowa 3

184 Neb 3

197 Neb 3

HWT Neb 6

Iowa 19-16 

I gave Nebraska too much credit.  Other than the van dee kid who looked good. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, FanOfPurdueWrestling said:

It was driving me up a ***ducking** wall. How about Dollamur? How about other brands? How about not using language that confuses those that don’t know the manufacture of wrestling mats. Just call it a mat bro……

I go back and forth on Shane Sparks. His passion is unmatched but on podcasts he talks too much, talks over people, says dumb things, and his voice is so over the top, even for a broadcaster. 

Shane Sparks is CP on adderall minus snark, Tim Johnson is shane sparks +55 years...

• Fire 1

42 minutes ago, Le duke said:

The Huskers laid an absolute egg. Iowa wrestled well, but not out of this world well. Glazier was their MVP tonight, followed by Hill and Franek.

Eh, Allred was the main disappointment.   None of the guys that lost from 125-174 were really expected to win.

But if Allred wins that match like he was expected to, maybe we see a different Hutmacher?  Not sure what to make of that performance…maybe he was overhyped, maybe he lost his adrenaline when he knew the dual was decided, maybe a little of both. 

8 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Eh, Allred was the main disappointment.   None of the guys that lost from 125-174 were really expected to win.

But if Allred wins that match like he was expected to, maybe we see a different Hutmacher?  Not sure what to make of that performance…maybe he was overhyped, maybe he lost his adrenaline when he knew the dual was decided, maybe a little of both. 

Or maybe dropping 40-50 pounds and having the stamina to maintain the level of a quality college wrestler isn’t doable. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JimmyBT said:

Or maybe dropping 40-50 pounds and having the stamina to maintain the level of a quality college wrestler isn’t doable. 

Yes but he didn’t look that great in the beginning of the match either

7 hours ago, JimmyBT said:

Agree. He looked gassed from the get go.  My point. 

Even someone that’s not in wrestling shape shouldn’t be gassed from the get go.  That’s why it’s possible Allred losing effected his energy as well, not that that’s a good excuse of course.