• Playwire Ad Area

Nebraska vs Iowa

2 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

LOL.  Absurd statement.

Unlikely? Yes. Possible and not absurd? Also yes. If he takes a shot and gets caught under then it could easily happen. Heavyweights gonna heavyweight and they don't get off their backs very often.

• Fire 1

i am an idiot on the internet

29 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

Unlikely? Yes. Possible and not absurd? Also yes. If he takes a shot and gets caught under then it could easily happen. Heavyweights gonna heavyweight and they don't get off their backs very often.

Junior World Champ vs a guy who hasn't wrestled in years.  

" It'll be funny when Kerk gets pinned by the Polar Bear in Big 10s" 

Just silly statements.

2 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Junior World Champ vs a guy who hasn't wrestled in years.  

" It'll be funny when Kerk gets pinned by the Polar Bear in Big 10s" 

Just silly statements.

You're discounting rust and 50 pounds, it is what it is. No one thought Spencer Lee would get decked either. It's not like I'm saying it's likely I'm just saying it's not out of the realm of possible.

Edited by bnwtwg

13 minutes ago, bnwtwg said:

You're discounting rust and 50 pounds, it is what it is. No one thought Spencer Lee would get decked either. It's not like I'm saying it's likely I'm just saying it's not out of the realm of possible.

I mean, I think it is safe to say that Kueter is a better athlete than Kerkvliet and is also a Junior World champ.  Anyone who said that freshman Kerk would be pinned by a guy who hadn't done the sport in years would have been laughed off the board.

That level of absurdity.

Impossible, no.  Absurd, yes.

I mean, I think it is safe to say that Kueter is a better athlete than Kerkvliet and is also a Junior World champ.  Anyone who said that freshman Kerk would be pinned by a guy who hadn't done the sport in years would have been laughed off the board.
That level of absurdity.

Better athlete at…wrestling? Really?

He’ll get a chance to prove that on February 9th. And, at B1Gs, if he finds himself on the same side of the bracket. And at NCAAs, which he must be the favorite to win, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fire 2

1 hour ago, Le duke said:

He’ll get a chance to prove that on February 9th. And, at B1Gs, if he finds himself on the same side of the bracket. And at NCAAs, which he must be the favorite to win, right?

Wow, you are sensitive!  I said you might have cried if someone said a guy who hadn't wrestled in years would pin Kerk as a true Freshman.

Keuter is indisputably a better athlete than Kerkvliet.  Indisputably.   I did not say he is a better wrestler at this point, however he has better junior level credentials.  

I do not think he is a better wrestler than Kerkvliet at this point, but probably a better wrestler than Kerkvliet was at the same age.  However, the more he plays football, the slower he will improve at wrestling.

But he is a better athlete than Kerkvlet. 

7 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

yeah but it that what you were trying to imply? That its possible? As if there was a rumor he didn't have shoulder baldes or something.

• Haha 1

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

1 hour ago, Le duke said:

Well let's do the math with the parameters laid out for the forum:

Keuter: Junior world gold

Kerkvliet: Cadet world gold

Junior>Cadet

Therefore Keuter>Kerkvliet. Can't you read?

• Haha 1

On 1/10/2024 at 10:05 AM, poorwrestler said:

I made the mistake of being too low on Gabe before the Oregon state match when he had Wittlake. I thought he’d put up a fight but lose a one TD match. Maybe I am underselling him again but I think the size difference would play an even bigger factor against Pinto who is a bulldog in his own right.

This may be all for naught, however, since Arnold has expressed that going to 184 was a one time thing. I don’t see it happening but maybe for a tight dual.

Agree with this. I don't know if bumping Arnold up for this dual will make a huge difference. I also don't know if Arnold is enough of a take-one-for-the-team kinda guy to bump up and make room for PK at 174. Or better yet, for PK to get back to 100% and take care of business at 165.

125: Drake Ayala dec Caleb Smith 3-0

133: Brody Teske dec Jacob Van Dee 6-0

141: Real Woods dec Brock Hardy 9-0

149: Ridge Lovett major Caleb Rathjen 9-4

157: Peyton Robb dec Jared Franek 9-7

165: Mike Caliendo dec Antrell Taylor 12-7

174: Patrick Kennedy dec Bubba Wilson 15-7

184: Lenny Pinto fall Aiden Riggins 15-13

197: Silas Allred dec Zach Glazier 15-16

285: Smash Muckslayer fall Bradley Hill 15-22 in favor of the Cornhuskers

3 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

184: Lenny Pinto fall Aiden Riggins 15-13

197: Silas Allred dec Zach Glazier 15-16

285: Smash Muckslayer fall Bradley Hill 15-22 in favor of the Cornhuskers

kid's on fire 🔥 

Edited by ionel

5 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

Well let's do the math with the parameters laid out for the forum:

Keuter: Junior world gold

Kerkvliet: Cadet world gold

Junior>Cadet

Therefore Keuter>Kerkvliet. Can't you read?

this isn't a serious argument.

you should have just led with "i hope nash pins cooter" and it would have been fine.

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

9 hours ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

Agree with this. I don't know if bumping Arnold up for this dual will make a huge difference. I also don't know if Arnold is enough of a take-one-for-the-team kinda guy to bump up and make room for PK at 174. Or better yet, for PK to get back to 100% and take care of business at 165.

I thought FRL explained it well.   In the tournament, putting Arnold at 174 would likely be their best option.

But in this particular dual, putting him at 184 would make sense if they think both he and Kennedy can win.  I did think it was interesting that Arnold said 184 was a one-time thing though…

19 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

That level of absurdity.

I think you guys are picking nits a bit.  “Absurd” and “impossible” are basically synonymous here.  

I’m picking Kueter, but I wouldn’t be shocked if he got pinned.  Hutmacher is a large man.

8 hours ago, Hammerlock3 said:

this isn't a serious argument.

you should have just led with "i hope nash pins cooter" and it would have been fine.

If you take me serious anywhere but the freestyle board then that's on you.

The only thing I seriously believe is that Keuter won't wrestle against Hutmacher.

• Fire 1

8 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

Request to formally change term from Pinfall to Pintofall

Your request would need to be accurate to properly make.

The current term is Pinfell.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me