• Playwire Ad Area

Indian @ Penn State, 1/14, 1pm EST

Le duke

11 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Kasak is looking pretty good at 149. Just teched #14 Rooks.

Haines looking more like himself this weekend. Avoiding a TD because he didn’t lock up a cradle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kasak looked pretty good there.

Haines had zero knee braces today. He had two after getting injury time early in the year, then went to one, now he wears no knee braces. I guess his knees are feeling better since he is moving better.

Edited by Pinnacle
  • Fire 1

Such a weird way to end a tech fall for Kasak.  He was up 14-0 and just had to escape to win but he couldn't escape until the end of the match when Rooks let up with 0.01 seconds left and the ref awarded the escape.

I think he would’ve teched him with the RT point. I believe he had over 3min heading into the 3rd.

Getting dragged inbounds by the injured leg  Feels like a matter of time before he Inj Def. Messenbrink doesn't play around.

Yeah, that made me wince.

Mesenbrink has picked up a lot from both Nolf and Carter. Interesting to watch his style develop. He’s so good.

I’ve never seen anyone who can go like he can.

On 1/11/2024 at 7:34 PM, nhs67 said:

Do we see Sta(l)rocci and Washington throw hands?

You're going to have to get rid of the L or at this point you're going to take one yourself for being a hater 

Edited by PortaJohn
  • Confused 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

40 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

You're going to have to get rid of the L or at this point you're going to take one yourself for being a hater 

The L stays on principal at this point.

If Sta(l)rocci can make it through the end kf the season without being a punk, I might consider dropping it.

• Haha 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

21 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Will Amine duck Mesenbrink next weekend?

I’m guessing yes.

He will. Mesenbrink is going to be(if not already)elite. That’s an ultra talented dude with one of the best motors/mindsets I’ve ever seen. I don’t expect him to beat KOT or Carr this year,  but he’ll win 2-3 NCAA championships 

1 hour ago, MLB9 said:

He will. Mesenbrink is going to be(if not already)elite. That’s an ultra talented dude with one of the best motors/mindsets I’ve ever seen. I don’t expect him to beat KOT or Carr this year,  but he’ll win 2-3 NCAA championships 

MM teched his way through junior worlds. Pretty good sign that he’s elite. 

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

I really hope Amine goes next week but if he doesn't, Messenbrink could transitive property beat him with a win against Fish next Sunday I guess.

I would predict bonus for Mesenbrink against Amine.  I think he's on the same level as David Carr and one level below O'Toole

3 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

I would predict bonus for Mesenbrink against Amine.  I think he's on the same level as David Carr and one level below O'Toole

To be fair Carr only beat Amine 3-1 a few weeks ago and Amine has never been bonused, his 2 worst Ls of his career are 6-0 and 4-0 to O’Toole , he had two 3 point loses at cklv as a freshman 4-1 to Wick and 9-6 to Ramirez . Outside of those he has never lost by more than 2 to anyone else which is pretty crazy looking at 

• Fire 1

25 minutes ago, peanut said:

MM teched his way through junior worlds. Pretty good sign that he’s elite. 

I wasn’t sure that would translate so quickly to collegiate folkstyle, were you? The one I’m really interested to see is the Caliendo match, how he handles a strong, athletic, well-conditioned guy that’s been around a bit longer. I think that’ll be a great indicator for what to expect against Carr and KOT

Amine is a grinder and I can see him putting the brakes on Messenbrink's offense. He could turn it into a chess match and win. I don't think Messenbrink has the patience for a match like that.

After watching Mesenbrink in freestyle against some others who tried to slow him down, I wish Amine all the luck in the world with that. He’s going to need it.

I really hope Amine goes next week but if he doesn't, Messenbrink could transitive property beat him with a win against Fish next Sunday I guess.

Mesenbrink beat his teammate The Claw, who beat Fish, who beat Amine. Therefore MM > Amine. Checks out, totally.

/s

1 hour ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

Amine is a grinder and I can see him putting the brakes on Messenbrink's offense. He could turn it into a chess match and win. I don't think Messenbrink has the patience for a match like that.

Messenbrink doesn't need patience. He'll shoot relentlessly and take his chances. I think he beats Amine, but if not he learns and beats him the next time.

1 hour ago, MLB9 said:

I wasn’t sure that would translate so quickly to collegiate folkstyle, were you? The one I’m really interested to see is the Caliendo match, how he handles a strong, athletic, well-conditioned guy that’s been around a bit longer. I think that’ll be a great indicator for what to expect against Carr and KOT

I thought MM was a clear AA threat before the season started. But yeah… it’s tough to predict how anyone will do in D1 wrestling before they actually do it.