• Playwire Ad Area

Cost of B1G Tickets at UMD

4 minutes ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

I've missed the last few so maybe its just that but $219 for a tourney ticket seems a little steep. 

Any thoughts? 

Have to take in account for all sessions.. not terrible

So, my experience buying a Big Ten ticket:

Multiple sites selling the same ticket for different prices. Lame!

Bought the cheaper of the two. FYI it was $134 as seen on the site. 

When I went to purchase said ticket, the invoice said, "Ticket Price $118" . Service fee of $36.**. and another fee of $3.** for a total of $157.13. 

All in all, not cool. 

• Fire 1

11 hours ago, ThreePointTakedown said:

So, my experience buying a Big Ten ticket:

Multiple sites selling the same ticket for different prices. Lame!

Bought the cheaper of the two. FYI it was $134 as seen on the site. 

When I went to purchase said ticket, the invoice said, "Ticket Price $118" . Service fee of $36.**. and another fee of $3.** for a total of $157.13. 

All in all, not cool. 

Unless I'm missing something, the Xfinity Center does in fact sell tickets for the BIG wrestling tournament directly.

For those of you visiting the DC area from out of town, please note that there is currently a crime problem in DC and the surrounding area. It’s sad because crime is down in most cities.

As far as I know, College Park is safe. But if you venture out into the DC area, you should do your homework and be careful. 

Tips:

Stay away from anybody who has a ski mask on.

Whenever you’re in your car, have a plan to speed away from attempted carjackers. Carjacking is a huge problem in DC right now. Also, do not stop for someone asking for help when you’re in your car. It may be a trick.

Stay away from unsupervised juveniles. They do not look intimidating, and 99.9% of them are good kids, but local lawmakers have said that juvenile crime is a particular problem right now.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, peanut said:

For those of you visiting the DC area from out of town, please note that there is currently a crime problem in DC and the surrounding area. It’s sad because crime is down in most cities.

As far as I know, College Park is safe. But if you venture out into the DC area, you should do your homework and be careful. 

Tips:

Whenever you’re in your car, have a plan to speed away from attempted carjackers. Carjacking is a huge problem in DC right now. Also, do not stop for someone asking for help when you’re in your car. It may be a trick.

Stay away from unsupervised juveniles. They do not look intimidating, and 99.9% of them are good kids, but local lawmakers have said that juvenile crime is a particular problem right now.

If any of the above events, unfortunately, happens to you...

ibltStyjRMrVXoFoPjFEITfXw25meJs33hL1s=

D3

1 hour ago, peanut said:

For those of you visiting the DC area ...

Tips:

What if they are wearing headgear & a singlet with a National Singlet Day t-shirt?  

• Fire 1

On 1/9/2024 at 9:21 AM, peanut said:

Tips:

I take it you don't live in the DMV. I do, and your post is a little, ah, over the top. But by all means, stay away from anyone with an AK, and don't show that gold Rolex off at 3am on a dark street.

30 minutes ago, Major Kong said:

I take it you don't live in the DMV. I do, and your post is a little, ah, over the top. But by all means, stay away from anyone with an AK, and don't show that gold Rolex off at 3am on a dark street.

I’m simply posting recommendations based on postings from law enforcement and politicians in the area. I think there’s a tiny chance any particular person will experience or see crime during a visit, but crime is indeed a problem in the DMV. Just this past November the DC mayor declared youth crime a public emergency. Further, carjackings in DC are up nearly 100% and the “overwhelming majority” of those arrested for it are juveniles. 

11 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Are they sold out from the UMD site?

Not sure.  I didn't just buy them, I bought them when they went on sale.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me