• Playwire Ad Area

looks like Baylor Fernandes is off the UNC roster finally

13 hours ago, Southend said:

If I’m Tina Lillard it will be well known, and heads would roll at Nickerson University 

He got kicked off the team, which is what she was looking for.

Also, if UNC agreed to cover expenses for Lillard you can bet there are legal consequences to her speaking out after.

Edited by BuckyBadger

NoCo had a lot of wrestlers registered for the Hastings Open but ended up only sending two (AFAICT), including a 165 other than Baylor Fernandes. Aside from that, there was no post-Scuffle contest in which Fernandes could have wrestled before the decision was made. I am sure Mama Lillard's reaction was considered in the decision but I don't think the time taken was unreasonable. People always want snap reactions but the wiser course is to be slow, deliberate and make sure you've considered more angles than the catharsis from Doing Something immediately.

NoCo had more to consider than just Lillard and Fernandes. I think removing him from the team was the right decision but I don't know why it had to be made faster than it was or what we gain from speculation that this or that proves that it was CYA rather than a sincere decision arrived at using a genuine institutional process.

10 minutes ago, ugarles said:

NoCo had a lot of wrestlers registered for the Hastings Open but ended up only sending two (AFAICT), including a 165 other than Baylor Fernandes. Aside from that, there was no post-Scuffle contest in which Fernandes could have wrestled before the decision was made. I am sure Mama Lillard's reaction was considered in the decision but I don't think the time taken was unreasonable. People always want snap reactions but the wiser course is to be slow, deliberate and make sure you've considered more angles than the catharsis from Doing Something immediately.

NoCo had more to consider than just Lillard and Fernandes. I think removing him from the team was the right decision but I don't know why it had to be made faster than it was or what we gain from speculation that this or that proves that it was CYA rather than a sincere decision arrived at using a genuine institutional process.

I don't think it could have been done more quickly than it was, from this event.  The process was as efficient as it likely could have been.

I believe the argument was that he should have been off the team after one of his previous DQs in which he, a child (apparently?), definitely hurt someone on purpose.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

40 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I believe the argument was that he should have been off the team after one of his previous DQs in which he, a child (apparently?), definitely hurt someone on purpose.

That's a very reasonable claim.

13 minutes ago, ugarles said:

That's a very reasonable claim.

We aren't allowed to talk about him or name names, though, because he is a child* still.

*Per my friend on here that said that he was a child still.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me