• Playwire Ad Area

How is Daton Fix still wrestling in college?

2 hours ago, KCMO2 said:

So theoretically, would 9 years be the most possible?

Redshirt, Oly RS, Med RS, another Oly RS, 4 years, Covid year?

No, it's not the most.  Religious, military, and foreign aid service all allow the clock to stop on the "four years out of five" NCAA rule.

13 minutes ago, BigRedFan said:

No, it's not the most.  Religious, military, and foreign aid service all allow the clock to stop on the "four years out of five" NCAA rule.

So, 11 with an LDS mission.  Throw in a RS in eighth grade and we have an NCAA final between  30 YO and a 21YO true freshman!

• Fire 1

26 minutes ago, scourge165 said:

How about an 18 year old true freshmen?

That would be Pat Milkovich 18 years and 3months(  126 NCAA champion) and Lee Kemp 18 years old and 2 months (150 NCAA 2nd place). Those were the good old days.

Edited by Paul158
missed a word
  • Fire 2

7 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

That would be Pat Milkovich 18 years and 3months(  126 NCAA champion) and Lee Kemp 18 years old and 2 months (150 NCAA 2nd place). Those were the good old days.

Or...Levi Haines. He was in the finals last year as an 18 year old. I don't know exactly how old he was, but he was 18. 

It's a odd contrast. These HS kids wrestling with and beating the best in the Nation and then you have guys 8 years out of HS. Not that I blame them. I know a lot of people who'd have taken an extra year...or two. 

50 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

Yianni was just shy of his 19th birthday (like by three weeks or so), so he was also 18 when he won his first.

• Fire 2

Or...Levi Haines. He was in the finals last year as an 18 year old. I don't know exactly how old he was, but he was 18. 
It's a odd contrast. These HS kids wrestling with and beating the best in the Nation and then you have guys 8 years out of HS. Not that I blame them. I know a lot of people who'd have taken an extra year...or two. 

Haines will still be eligible for U20s this summer. I think he turned 19 in June or July.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fire 1

7 hours ago, peanut said:

I don’t understand why the COVID rule allows athletes to compete in five postseasons. I think it would have been reasonable to cap the college experience at four postseasons. 

It was because when the 2020-2021 season started there was question as to whether or not it would actually finish.

26 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

Pletcher and Moore would like a year back...:classic_dry:

Definitely . I felt really bad for them. That was their last year. Only a week or so to go and they cancelled the tournament. 

3 hours ago, Le duke said:

Haines will still be eligible for U20s this summer. I think he turned 19 in June or July.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't you have be under 20 for all 2024 to be eligible u20? Or 19 for all of 2024.

Edited by Paul158
missed a word

9 minutes ago, Paul158 said:

Definitely . I felt really bad for them. That was their last year. Only a week or so to go and they cancelled the tournament. 

I was gutted for them and the others that didn't get the extra season. 

• Fire 1

9 hours ago, peanut said:

I don’t understand why the COVID rule allows athletes to compete in five postseasons. I think it would have been reasonable to cap the college experience at four postseasons. 

I agree.  And why don't the rest of us get a do over Covid year.  I'd really like an extra year to redo investment strategy for retirement and ... well ... to just have more money to buy better seats for NCAA KC.   Can @Wrestleknownothing please provide a table and pie chart showing why we should all get an extra year?  🙂

17 hours ago, 1032004 said:

It was because when the 2020-2021 season started there was question as to whether or not it would actually finish.

I get that. But they nevertheless could added a qualifier like "Athletes are limited to four postseasons."

Edited by peanut

On 1/7/2024 at 8:08 AM, KCMO2 said:

So theoretically, would 9 years be the most possible?

Redshirt, Oly RS, Med RS, another Oly RS, 4 years, Covid year?

What path did Mason Manville take at PSU? He was there forever and IIRC didn't even exhaust all of his NCAA eligibility. He just couldn't crack the lineup.