• Playwire Ad Area

Demand for Resignation of Jason Bryant from the National Wrestling Media Association

36 minutes ago, BuckyBadger said:

Whoa, what’s the backstory here. I feel very lost.

2 minutes ago, alex1fly said:

I asked in the other thread. Nothing yet. Maybe it's okay to be left out lol

If you want to be very sad, read through the Creeps in the wrestling community thread.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

Bucky,

Here is the only backstory you need to know.  In the "Creeps in the wrestling community" thread (elsewhere on this page), there is discussion about youth wrestling videographers, one or two in particular, who are perceived by many as shooting and thumbnailing their videos in an overly suggestive manner, attracting the attention of (if not outright catering to and/or profiting from) the prurient desires of a certain unsavory subset of the population, leading to otherwise unremarkable youth wrestling videos having millions of views.  Some in the wrestling community have sounded the alarm -- hence the thread -- and pushed back.  Various members of the wrestling media, including JB, have chimed in with more context.  Several pages in, "commonsense2400" formed an account and started posting in defense of one or more of those whose works are at issue, and -- apparently believing "the best defense is a good offense" -- started taking aim at posters, accusing them of everything from defamation to aiding and abetting criminal acts.  These included pot shots at JB which have now morphed into this new thread.

That's your context. 

Judge for yourself.  My opinion, FWIW, is EVERY post of "commonsense2400" should be regarded as bad faith intimidation tactics existing for the SOLE purpose of bullying into silence those who take issue with makers of the videos that have caused widespread serious concern in the wrestling community.

Edited by BAC
  • Fire 9

3 minutes ago, BAC said:

Bucky,

Here is the only backstory you need to know.  In the "Creeps in the wrestling community" thread (elsewhere on this page), there is discussion about a youth wrestling videographers, one or two in particular, who are perceived by many as shooting and thumbnailing their videos in an overly suggestive manner, attracting the attention of (if not outright catering to and/or profiting from) the prurient desires of a certain unsavory subset of the population, leading to otherwise unremarkable youth wrestling videos having millions of views.  Some in the wrestling community have sounded the alarm -- hence the thread -- and pushed back.  Various members of the wrestling media, including JB, have chimed in with more context.  Several pages in, "commonsense2400" formed an account and started posting in defense of one or more of those whose works are at issue, and -- apparently believing "the best defense is a good offense" -- started taking aim at all the posters, accusing them from everything from defamation to aiding and abetting criminal acts.  These included pot shots at JB which have now morphed into this new thread.

That's your context. 

Judge for yourself.  My opinion, FWIW, is EVERY post of "commonsense2400" should be regarded as bad faith intimidation tactics existing for the SOLE purpose of bullying into silence those who take issue with makers of the videos that have caused widespread serious concern in the wrestling community.

You, Sir, sound like a lawyer!

• Fire 2

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.

10 minutes ago, BAC said:

Bucky,

Here is the only backstory you need to know.  In the "Creeps in the wrestling community" thread (elsewhere on this page), there is discussion about youth wrestling videographers, one or two in particular, who are perceived by many as shooting and thumbnailing their videos in an overly suggestive manner, attracting the attention of (if not outright catering to and/or profiting from) the prurient desires of a certain unsavory subset of the population, leading to otherwise unremarkable youth wrestling videos having millions of views.  Some in the wrestling community have sounded the alarm -- hence the thread -- and pushed back.  Various members of the wrestling media, including JB, have chimed in with more context.  Several pages in, "commonsense2400" formed an account and started posting in defense of one or more of those whose works are at issue, and -- apparently believing "the best defense is a good offense" -- started taking aim at all the posters, accusing them from everything from defamation to aiding and abetting criminal acts.  These included pot shots at JB which have now morphed into this new thread.

That's your context. 

Concise yet eloquent. Very impressive summary

• Fire 5

15 minutes ago, BAC said:

Bucky,

Here is the only backstory you need to know.  In the "Creeps in the wrestling community" thread (elsewhere on this page), there is discussion about youth wrestling videographers, one or two in particular, who are perceived by many as shooting and thumbnailing their videos in an overly suggestive manner, attracting the attention of (if not outright catering to and/or profiting from) the prurient desires of a certain unsavory subset of the population, leading to otherwise unremarkable youth wrestling videos having millions of views.  Some in the wrestling community have sounded the alarm -- hence the thread -- and pushed back.  Various members of the wrestling media, including JB, have chimed in with more context.  Several pages in, "commonsense2400" formed an account and started posting in defense of one or more of those whose works are at issue, and -- apparently believing "the best defense is a good offense" -- started taking aim at posters, accusing them of everything from defamation to aiding and abetting criminal acts.  These included pot shots at JB which have now morphed into this new thread.

That's your context. 

Ooh. Thanks. And gross! Cmon.

14 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

It seems likely that this person IS the minor attracted person/pedophile and is speaking up for himself. 

He needs to go. 

No way the dude is that stupid, likely a friend / supporter of them. 

If this BS happened in any Non Western Country in the world these dirtbags would be drawn and quartered.    It's this type of crap that makes us a laughingstock.     These people should have ZERO voice, but they are enboldened by our culture of tolerance.      

Just for starting this thread would not be tolerated in the non western world.  

• Fire 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Threadkilla said:

If this BS happened in any Non Western Country in the world these dirtbags would be drawn and quartered.    It's this type of crap that makes us a laughingstock.     These people should have ZERO voice, but they are enboldened by our culture of tolerance.      

I would prefer tolerance. Every time.

Primitive screwheads in some middle eastern countries choose murder by "drawn and quartered" or whatever.

Tolerance is better. Always.

• Fire 4
  • Stalling 1

2 hours ago, Threadkilla said:

Really? This is an even bigger issue in the non-Western world than it is here.  

3 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Primitive screwheads in some middle eastern countries choose murder by "drawn and quartered" or whatever.

Except those places are more tolerant to abuse than the western world is, so the whole logic of shitting on the West is nonsense. 

Edited by billyhoyle
  • Fire 1

46 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Tolerance of child abuse? No.  You're better than that.  This isn't political.  It's a matter of principle.

• Fire 4
  • Haha 1
  • Clown 1

20 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Tolerance of child abuse? No.  You're better than that.  This isn't political.  It's a matter of principle.

No. That's not what I was referring to.

22 hours ago, Threadkilla said:

If there is anything illegal going on, it should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Not lynched.

They shouldn't be "drawn and quartered" or murdered in any other fashion as per the above post. These people are innocent until proven guilty. They should have a voice to defend themselves in the event they have may have been falsely accused.

I read through some of the stuff, I didn't see any clear proof of anything - just accusations. As terrible as child abuse is, I can't get behind murdering people due to unfounded accusations.

Not tolerating even starting this thread? That falls under the category of free speech. Again, something that I believe 100% needs to be tolerated - free speech shouldn't be met with being "drawn and quartered." That is exactly how some non-western countries behave due to their intolerance. And it is abhorrent.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

If there is anything illegal going on, it should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Not lynched.

They shouldn't be "drawn and quartered" or murdered in any other fashion as per the above post. These people are innocent until proven guilty. They should have a voice to defend themselves in the event they have may have been falsely accused.

I read through some of the stuff, I didn't see any clear proof of anything - just accusations. As terrible as child abuse is, I can't get behind murdering people due to unfounded accusations.

Not tolerating even starting this thread? That falls under the category of free speech. Again, something that I believe 100% needs to be tolerated - free speech shouldn't be met with being "drawn and quartered." That is exactly how some non-western countries behave due to their intolerance. And it is abhorrent.

I understand your point and don’t disagree necessarily. The issue lies in this 

There are multiple, not single “ehhh”/iffy cases,  multiple cases where many people know something is up, or that a person shouldn’t be coaching/be around wresting. But that person has  “powerful friends” or litigation could happen and it prevents the right things from being done. Or no one wants to believe.. and all that at least delays the right thing until it it becomes a ticking time bomb thet is going to eventually blow up, but everyone continues like it’s business as usual until it all crashes. Then afterwards, pretty everyone is like “yeah we heard/knew”.

Do I have a point.. eh just that things/stories like this don’t come from nowhere and people are starting to get sick of them being ignored.

Final point, both Willie/Rokfin and and Saylor/Flo are agreeing on something. That says a lot by itself

• Fire 2

34 minutes ago, Formally140 said:

I understand your point and don’t disagree necessarily. The issue lies in this 

There are multiple, not single “ehhh”/iffy cases,  multiple cases where many people know something is up, or that a person shouldn’t be coaching/be around wresting. But that person has  “powerful friends” or litigation could happen and it prevents the right things from being done. Or no one wants to believe.. and all that at least delays the right thing until it it becomes a ticking time bomb thet is going to eventually blow up, but everyone continues like it’s business as usual until it all crashes. Then afterwards, pretty everyone is like “yeah we heard/knew”.

Do I have a point.. eh just that things/stories like this don’t come from nowhere and people are starting to get sick of them being ignored.

Final point, both Willie/Rokfin and and Saylor/Flo are agreeing on something. That says a lot by itself

Thanks for your post - I can appreciate what you're saying. 

You mean the countries where little girls are sold off as property/brides? Your critical thinking precedes you sir…I’ll take tolerance too.
  • Fire 2

14 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Got it- I did misunderstood what you were saying so apologies for that.

9 hours ago, flyingcement said:

Got it- I did misunderstood what you were saying so apologies for that.

All good.

One tip for future reference - I'm steadily in the middle of the road in terms of politics. If you ever think any of my posts are "political", you've most likely confused me with someone else.

The only time my posts are "political" is when I'm responding to someone who is either far left or far right. I dislike both groups' close mindedness. In return, both like to paint me as "left" or "right" - it's how simpletons think. They have great difficulty with the concept that we aren't, and shouldn't be, a country split in half that constantly opposes each other.

We're mostly all on the same team, with mostly the same concerns, and we shouldn't lose sight of that being where we are strongest as a country. Especially in light of the chaotic behavior much of the rest of the world is seeing right now.

• Fire 3

2 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

All good.

One tip for future reference - I'm steadily in the middle of the road in terms of politics. If you ever think any of my posts are "political", you've most likely confused me with someone else.

The only time my posts are "political" is when I'm responding to someone who is either far left or far right. I dislike both groups' close mindedness. In return, both like to paint me as "left" or "right" - it's how simpletons think. They have great difficulty with the concept that we aren't, and shouldn't be, a country split in half that constantly opposes each other.

We're mostly all on the same team, with mostly the same concerns, and we shouldn't lose sight of that being where we are strongest as a country. Especially in light of the chaotic behavior much of the rest of the world is seeing right now.

Understand the need for nuance.  As for me, I would prefer that if you witness something like pedophilia on your own account, don't waste time with a police report.  There are lots of explainable ways that someone could die by accident.  And the world is always better for it.  If saints really exist, then they are the people that murder pedophiles.

• Fire 1