• Playwire Ad Area

A rule adjucment that I would consider

CoachC

I think it's important to reward control aka Riding Time BUT, it's slowing down matches. It seems every match at the Southern Scuffle has had an issue with the clock workers running it the wrong way or not starting it.

What if, we added a point at the end of each period if you finished the period on top? It would encourage folks to be more aggressive on their feet and then get that final ride-out. This would eliminate those long delays in a match which isn't good for the sport or fans. Just a thought. 

Edited by CoachC
  • Fire 1

33 minutes ago, CoachC said:

I think it's important to reward control aka Riding Time BUT, it's slowing down matches. It seems every match at the Southern Scuffle has had an issue with the clock workers running it the wrong way or not starting it.

What if, we added a point at the end of each period if you finished the period on top? It would encourage folks to be more aggressive on their feet and then get that final ride-out. This would eliminate those long delays in a match which isn't good for the sport or fans. Just a thought. 

I instantly thought you were crazy.  After a few seconds though, I'd like to think about this more.  You might be on to something.

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.

26 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

When I was coaching, I kept track of and incentivized "finishing on top."  

I think this could be a solid rule, and easier to keep track of than riding time.

However, it would likely be ruined by people gaming the system and not doing anything until the last 15 seconds of a period.

Doing something in the last 15 seconds of the period is better than doing nothing in the last 15 seconds of a period. The riding time point has slowed down wrestling too much, but this would still give value to controlling someone. I think this would be easier to explain to the non wrestling fan too.

I still think we need to make reversals the same as takedowns too!

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, CoachC said:

not a bad idea but the math doesn't work.  Assuming no reversals or nearfall

Wrestle A) 2 takedowns 6 pts but gets taken down end of the period.  No escape points

Wrestler B) 2 escapes 2pts, 1 takedown 3pts, and 1 point for finishing on top with lets say only a few seconds of riding time and now the match is tied.  I see a lot of backlash 

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

57 minutes ago, PortaJohn said:

not a bad idea but the math doesn't work.  Assuming no reversals or nearfall

Wrestle A) 2 takedowns 6 pts but gets taken down end of the period.  No escape points

Wrestler B) 2 escapes 2pts, 1 takedown 3pts, and 1 point for finishing on top with lets say only a few seconds of riding time and now the match is tied.  I see a lot of backlash 

Good point.

• Haha 1

On 1/2/2024 at 12:20 PM, PortaJohn said:

I see a lot of backlash 

Exactly why this is the perfect idea for this specific week. It's all drama baby!

Edited by bnwtwg

i am an idiot on the internet