• Playwire Ad Area

Stepping back - is AJ's behavior really THAT bad?

Compare AJ's behavior to what you see on a regular basis in professional sports (football, basketball, hockey, soccer, MMA)...it's really pretty tame.  Trash talking, a shove here and there, flashing middle fingers...compare that to NFL players who literally KILL people and continue to have lucrative careers.

Is AJ immature?  Sure.  Is he a jerk?  Probably.  But he's still an elite wrestler who can help Iowa beat Penn State this year.  Plus, Penn State took on a guy like Andrew Long and hardly anyone batted their eyelashes.

Old English, also known as Anglo-Saxon, was the early form of the English language spoken and written in parts of what are now England and southern Scotland between the 5th and 11th centuries. It is a Germanic language that evolved from the languages spoken by the Anglo-Saxons, who were early Germanic tribes that migrated to England. Old English is distinct from contemporary English in its vocabulary, grammar, and pronunciation. Its written form can be found in various manuscripts, with the epic poem "Beowulf" being one of the most celebrated examples of Old English literature.

"Beowulf," composed in Old English, is an epic poem that narrates the heroic deeds of the Geatish warrior Beowulf. Written in the early 8th century

Studying Old English and "Beowulf" not only offers a linguistic journey into the roots of the English language but also provides a window into the cultural and historical context of early medieval England. The challenges and triumphs faced by Beowulf reflect the societal norms and ideals of the time, making it a crucial text for understanding the evolution of English literature and the enduring appeal of heroic narratives. Despite the linguistic gap between Old English and modern English, the study of this early form of the language, coupled with the exploration of "Beowulf," allows us to appreciate the foundations upon which the English literary tradition is built.

pay thy debts

PortaJohn

1 hour ago, Paul158 said:

Do you think he might have been giving gambling advice to the Iowa wrestlers?

What we do know is 1) he'll post at least 10 more AJ Ferrari Threads by the end of the season.  Expect a lot of Ferrari beats Brooks threads.  2) He'll make his annual Iowa is going to beat PSU thread.  @Wrestleknownothingwill remind him of another thread he posted that shows that scenario is almost statistically impossible.  Buns will ignore it. 3) He finishes the season with the first installment of "I can't believe PSU pulled it off thread" followed by his annual "Iowa are the favorites next year"...It's been rinse & repeat  But to his credit he gets us all to respond 

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

• Fire 1

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

If AJ is on the roster this year and wins the next 3 NCAA he will then be Iowa's first 4 x NC, correct?  So will Iowa take down the Gable statue

Screenshot_20240102-181808_Chrome.jpg.b672b028a0c211043342725001a6f49a.jpg

and replace it with the AJ statue?

Screenshot_20240102-182414_Chrome.jpg.366e198a188a5be8f6e08f283823d73d.jpg

asking for a forum friend

Edited by ionel
  • Fire 1

24 minutes ago, ionel said:

If AJ is on the roster this year and wins the next 3 NCAA he will then be Iowa's first 4 x NC, correct?  So will Iowa take down the Gable statue

Screenshot_20240102-181808_Chrome.jpg.b672b028a0c211043342725001a6f49a.jpg

and replace it with the AJ statue?

Screenshot_20240102-182414_Chrome.jpg.366e198a188a5be8f6e08f283823d73d.jpg

asking for a forum friend

Someone already went there

ajf.png

• Fire 2
  • Haha 1

Maybe I'm just old and stubborn, but he's an embarrassment to the sport.  I have two sons who wrestled and I would hate to have any kids, who look up to college wrestlers, see this happen at a meet.  He doesn't represent the sport or any team well.  

If he acts this way because of steroids, get him help.  If he acts this way just because he's an ass, get him out of college sports!

Edited by Mizzou Fan
  • Fire 7

Likely the biggest shit show in the history of shit shows in College Wrestling.

In Iowa,

An Iowa wrestler attempting to abuse an Iowa teammate, 

then flipping off Iowa fans.

From the OP, Is it really that bad? -- YES, it is really that bad. It's even worse.

• Fire 4

6 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Likely the biggest shit show in the history of shit shows in College Wrestling.

In Iowa,

An Iowa wrestler attempting to abuse an Iowa teammate, 

then flipping off Iowa fans.

From the OP, Is it really that bad? -- YES, it is really that bad. It's even worse.

There is an old urban legend that if you respond to his posts directly, you could turn to stone but I've never been brave enough to test it myself

Edited by flyingcement
  • Haha 3