• Playwire Ad Area

Iowa should STILL welcome the Ferraris

Jimmy Cinnabon

Just now, peanut said:

The Ferraris are good for fan interest. I say let them cook. If Iowa doesn’t want them maybe they can go to Rutgers or something. 

Nothing about their behavior tonight should be surprising, thus the Brands should stay the course.  Reacting strongly would be a kneejerk reaction.

• Haha 1

The cheezy lurching style with the half baked kneeling/stalling tactics are a bad look.

Shoving an opponents head down at the end and getting shoved back - answering with a girly punch and one finger Salute?

Then the redneck trash hairdo... Yep, He's Iowa!

• Fire 2
  • Haha 2

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Nothing about their behavior tonight should be surprising, thus the Brands should stay the course.  Reacting strongly would be a kneejerk reaction.

This is true, two of them in the tourney and didn't kill or rape anyone tonight, it wouldn't have been out of character for either to pull out an AR-15 after, yet they didn't, Tom should be proud. 

• Haha 2

Not that anyone cares about my opinion but shouldn't the Brands be looking for guys who improve the Iowa image after this last year?  I get winning is very important but at the cost of any remaining integrity seems like a steep price to pay.

• Fire 2

Well if I was the Brands Bros, I think I would wait and consult with others, before doing anything. But maybe after it’s all said and done if the Ferraris apologize to the team and fans, everyone could move forward. But I will say that this wasn’t a good look in the least. 

12 minutes ago, PSULou64 said:

Not that anyone cares about my opinion but shouldn't the Brands be looking for guys who improve the Iowa image after this last year?  I get winning is very important but at the cost of any remaining integrity seems like a steep price to pay.

What happened last year?   Did an Iowa wrestler insult 1.8 billion of the world’s religious population on national tv?

• Haha 2

Outside of the antics, Anthony wouldn’t score more than like a point at NCAA’s.  And I’m not sure AJ does much better at this stage.

I’d be shocked if those 2 get on the roster now (so I guess I should’ve taken the under on my other thread).  The main question to me now is will Iowa still want Angelo/will Angelo still want to go there, and if one of those is a no, will anyone else want him?

9 minutes ago, de4856 said:

But maybe after it’s all said and done if the Ferraris apologize to the team and fans, everyone could move forward.  

That might work.  The car crash, hospital stay, trial, suspensions etc etc didn't work so ... yeah have them apologize, thats the ticket why didn't any of the massive number of previous coaches think of that.  🙄

• Fire 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ionel said:

That might work.  The car crash, hospital stay, trial, suspensions etc etc didn't work so ... yeah have them apologize, thats the ticket why didn't any of the massive number of previous coaches think of that.  🙄

Well, other than telling the Ferraris to take a hike, what do you suggest? But I’m sure that there will be considerable conversation about this, so who knows, maybe it will be better to cut ties. 

Just now, de4856 said:

Well, other than telling the Ferraris to take a hike, what do you suggest? But I’m sure that there will be considerable conversation about this, so who knows, maybe it will be better to cut ties. 

Oh I think it'll be fun if Iowa let's them in but if you are the AD this is the perfect time to cut ties.  They aren't actually at the Univ of Iowa yet.  No university wants to have to kick a kid out.  There is absolutely no downside of cutting ties right now but we will see.  

It's becoming clearer.  

From Hawk Central SIAP

"Anthony's antics earlier in the evening may have been where the ordeal with AJ started. Wrestling in the 149-pound finals against Iowa's Caleb Rathjen, he suffered two takedowns en route to a 7-2 loss. After the final whistle was blown, Anthony Ferrari gave a shove to the back of Rathjen. Rathjen, an Ankeny native, took exception. He looked back toward Anthony Ferrari and taunted by flexing like Anthony's older brother AJ, who is known for flexing after wins."

That's awesome.

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Honestly, a shove, a few middle fingers are nothing they should be surprised about.  The circus is worth the points in March.  Brands would be a fool to make the Ferraris persona non grata based on tonight.

we all know you're a clown troll, but I gotta hand it to you. this post is absolute gold and you've earned a sliver of respect with this one!

13 hours ago, Caveira said:

What happened last year?   Did an Iowa wrestler insult 1.8 billion of the world’s religious population on national tv?

Interesting counterpoint.  Here's a truth-teller poll, if your daughter asked your advice regarding four possibilities, which would one would you advise her to marry?

A) Downey

B) AJ

C) DeSanto

D) Brooks

For me its D) and (based on my limited exposure) I'd be happy for her.  Not even close.