• Playwire Ad Area

Brands wanted them, he got them

H82Lose

9 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

my bad fair enough. 

Local Iowa media aren't exactly know for their hard-hitting journalism.  They know Tom will block them from future access if they ask something he doesn't want to answer.  So instead they nibble at the edges, to see if he wants to "go there," as when he was asked about Glazier's match, and about Glazier "making a statement."  Plenty of room for him in that open-ended question for Brands to speak to the elephant in the elephant in the room, but he ducked it.  All the feeble Iowa "reporters" took their cue and went back to lobbing softballs.

• Fire 2

The Anthony stuff was a nothingburger. The Albert Jr. stuff was fine up until the punch.  Clearly he needs to be done.  Personally, I would like Anthony to not be there either, but not because of anything today.  I'd love for Angelo to still come.  This was my position all along and it remains the same.

• Fire 2

4 minutes ago, BAC said:

Local Iowa media aren't exactly know for their hard-hitting journalism.  They know Tom will block them from future access if they ask something he doesn't want to answer.  So instead they nibble at the edges, to see if he wants to "go there," as when he was asked about Glazier's match, and about Glazier "making a statement."  Plenty of room for him in that open-ended question for Brands to speak to the elephant in the elephant in the room, but he ducked it.  All the feeble Iowa "reporters" took their cue and went back to lobbing softballs.

thanks for the insight, you can feel it in the video. we need to grow the market until pissing these people off is worth it.

• Fire 3

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

54 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

He's hitched his wagon to the Ferraris.  He needs all 3 to have a shot at taking out Penn State this year.  He'll have to swallow all of their antics with a smile on his face.

I don’t believe that even with the Ferraris, he will beat Penn St. So I don’t know but it might be best that the Ferraris take their talents elsewhere. I have to believe that the AD and Gable aren’t happy about this. 

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

The Anthony stuff was a nothingburger. The Albert Jr. stuff was fine up until the punch.  Clearly he needs to be done.  Personally, I would like Anthony to not be there either, but not because of anything today.  I'd love for Angelo to still come.  This was my position all along and it remains the same.

I was going to bring this up earlier but didn’t. I remember you have said all along you didn’t want anything to do with the two older bros but would take Angelo. Bottom line, they got a second chance and to me, this should cement the fact they can’t get right. 

• Fire 3

These are the same people that desperately tried to get Downey. It’s the same people busted for gambling and blamed the cops. 

Lets stop pretending like the Brands are upstanding people who build great men. They accomplish what 90% of coaches could accomplish at Iowa. Bring in Schwab or any number of people and Iowa would have similar, maybe even, better results, but you wouldn’t have the ridiculous antics. 

Think theirs a reason most of the Iowa stars find some place different after graduation?

• Fire 6

20 minutes ago, de4856 said:

I don’t believe that even with the Ferraris, he will beat Penn St. So I don’t know but it might be best that the Ferraris take their talents elsewhere. I have to believe that the AD and Gable aren’t happy about this. 

They might actually have a worse chance with the Ferraris. I feel like Glazier could avoid being pinned by Brooks but there's about a 95% chance AJ gets DQd and Anthony ain't beating Kasak either way. 

Edited by buckshot

20 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Completely reasonable. Though I suspect Anthony leaves with AJ, and that Angelo decommits in fealty to his brothers, I do hope Angelo stays.  You but have to think he'd be better off far from home, with his brothers not there, so he's able develop his character without their (especially AJ's) influence.

• Fire 2

13 minutes ago, MizzouFan01 said:

I was going to bring this up earlier but didn’t. I remember you have said all along you didn’t want anything to do with the two older bros but would take Angelo. Bottom line, they got a second chance and to me, this should cement the fact they can’t get right. 

This is not their second chance, its more like 10 or 12th now.  I now Angelo seems like worth the chance but the family sticks together and bolts together.  Moreover Angelo at this point age in school looks pretty much like AJ at same age, so what might he become.  The middle one is the real time bomb.  But think it was just last year Angelo flexed at his old coaches after beating their wrestler.  Why would anyone do that to their old coaches?  A lot like AJ just not yet mature.  

• Fire 1

18 minutes ago, Packard said:

Think theirs a reason most of the Iowa stars find some place different after graduation?

Absolutely. They also become infinitely more likeable people once they leave the "bubble." Metcalf (Tom Brands' former Golden boy) discussed this in an interview and Gilman spoke with him about it when he apologized for being an ass to him.

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, wrestle87 said:

That’s a heck of a statement considering what precedes him.  Is this because Jr has already detonated and people are just turning a blind eye?

Well he got kicked off at least two HS programs for starters, then the other stuff ...

12 minutes ago, billyhoyle said:

Tom Brands needs to go.  Absolutely disgraceful and a huge liability for the university to have them on campus.  This is the most obvious and inevitable disaster situation that I've ever seen.  

I wish I didn’t agree with this, but since J Smith clearly felt that he needed to go, yeah it really isn’t a good look to be selling the Iowa image down the river for attention and maybe a few wins.

• Fire 2

T&T will keep these guys and love the Anti-personality which will bring bigger crowds to every venue.

After all, the State loves Donald Trump - sexual predator and major league dirtbag.

• Fire 4

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

1 hour ago, flyingcement said:

I think it's fair to say their family sucks

Or, more accurately, they were raised by people coming from a place of notable  insecurity, who passed that on to their kids, and have only taught them to embrace and identify with the most expensive and caustic corners of the human emotional spectrum.

Edited by wrestle87
  • Fire 4

2 hours ago, ionel said:

Well he got kicked off at least two HS programs for starters, then the other stuff ...

Which 2?

My understanding is Blair, yes. But not kicked out of Bergen C. I believe they were just ineligible to transfer when they did so they went back home.

4 hours ago, wrestle87 said:

That’s a heck of a statement considering what precedes him.  Is this because Jr has already detonated and people are just turning a blind eye?

Well if you lived in Oklahoma, you would know that Anthony is absolutely F'g nuts, I would not be shocked at all if he ends up killing someone. That dude has a screw loose, AJ could end up in lockdown if he does not stay away from the young girls. 

4 hours ago, ionel said:

Anthony is a thief, he has been caught two times that I know of, stealing stuff out of lockers. I also know that he took a crap, and smeared it on the walls at Broken Arrow High School when Stilly dualed BA when he was there. Middle one is the crazier one IMO

• Clown 1