• Playwire Ad Area

Brands wanted them, he got them

H82Lose

5 minutes ago, BIGTENFANBOY said:

I'm sure he does. ***Eye roll***

Gotta wonder how the current roster feels about bringing him in? 

one of the things that made me give him slack formerly was john smith saying what a great teammate he is, which seemed believeable at the time....not so much now.

"Half measures are a coward's form of insanity."

2 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

one of the things that made me give him slack formerly was john smith saying what a great teammate he is, which seemed believeable at the time....not so much now.

I still wonder if the kid got concussed and got worse, maybe the car accident?  But then I look at especially Anthony but also Angelo behavior and think maybe it is all just genetic and upbringing.  

• Fire 3

20 minutes ago, ionel said:

I still wonder if the kid got concussed and got worse, maybe the car accident?  But then I look at especially Anthony but also Angelo behavior and think maybe it is all just genetic and upbringing.  

its culture. Parents seem to have done well on some fronts and not on others, but they're just gen z narcissists. Why would AJ fall into the splits and flip the crowd off? Because he needed to have the headline be him no matter what it was. 

• Fire 1

42 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

its culture. Parents seem to have done well on some fronts and not on others, but they're just gen z narcissists. Why would AJ fall into the splits and flip the crowd off? Because he needed to have the headline be him no matter what it was. 

I fail to see any things these parents did well.  Good point on the splits and prob same reason Angelo flexed the Blair coaches after his win, scary thing is middle bro is worse.  I'd say it must be parent upbringing.  

On 12/30/2023 at 11:13 PM, Idaho said:

Gabe Arnold had a scuffle as well when he literally spanked the butt of his opponent 10-12 times. Weird stuff. Don't know what is going on with that team.

When Bo Nickal spanks an opponent, most of this board (outside of ASU fans), think it is funny.

When Gabe Arnold does it, it is a "scuffle," "weird," and an indictment of the Iowa program.

🤔

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken
  • Clown 1

9 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

When Bo Nickal spanks an opponent, most of this board (outside of ASU fans), think it is funny.

When Gabe Arnold does it, it is a "scuffle," "weird," and an indictment of the Iowa program.

🤔

if starocci wrestled for Iowa all these jokers would be moralizing along the lines of "he's good at wrestling but not a good person" 

• Fire 3

On 12/30/2023 at 8:05 PM, ScarletKnight said:

Can they transfer again?  They should have gone to Rutgers.  

No thanks, NJ has borne our share of their antics while they were at Blair and Bergen Cath.  Besides, Scott Goodale wouldn't want the headaches they'd bring to the University.  

23 minutes ago, RYou said:

No thanks, NJ has borne our share of their antics while they were at Blair and Bergen Cath.  Besides, Scott Goodale wouldn't want the headaches they'd bring to the University.  

its a good point, they're getting to the state where you wouldn't want them around unless you were in striking distance of a title. We know thats why iowa is interested, not cause theyre such a good fit.

17 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

its a good point, they're getting to the state where you wouldn't want them around unless you were in striking distance of a title. We know thats why iowa is interested, not cause theyre such a good fit.

On the other hand, I would argue that current rosters and future commitments would point to that nit being the case.  I don't see Penn State losing a dual or a national tournament for a minimum of five years unless Cael quits or God forbid dies.  Iowa would be selling their soul while also worsening their recruiting  and destroying their team culture until the family is gone.  I'd argue it's very clearly not worth it for Iowa.

Edited by flyingcement

Just now, flyingcement said:

On the other hand, I would argue that current rosters and future commitments would point to that nit being the case.  I don't see Penn State losing a dual or a national tournament for a minimum of five years unless Cael quits or God forbid dies.  Iowa would be selling their soul while also worsening their recruiting until the family is gone.  I'd argue it's very clearly not worth it for Iowa.

Its their only hope for a national title, and if they get it, its gonna be a net benefit for recruiting undoubtedly. There is the old line about "only first matters" which is stupid as ricky bobbys dad pointed out, but at this point, when the brands are probably nauseated by it, only first matters. 

3 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

Its their only hope for a national title, and if they get it, its gonna be a net benefit for recruiting undoubtedly. There is the old line about "only first matters" which is stupid as ricky bobbys dad pointed out, but at this point, when the brands are probably nauseated by it, only first matters. 

I guess I'm saying they have as good of a chance of beating Penn State as Nebraska does even after taking on the loser family (and the chance is slim).  And once they do, recruits become worse and you can forget about remaining at the top at that point.  I'd predict several immediate outgoing transfers if they actually land in Iowa City for real. Possibly reversed commitments from high character guys like DeLuca

Edited by flyingcement

7 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

Shows us the math, maybe run it by Wkn first.  I'd say Anthony's expected point value is zero.  What's the max points AJ can give them?  After Salute his expected point value could actually be negative.  They took Anthony so they could get Angelo but how many points can you now expect from #1 and #3?

9 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

I guess I'm saying they have as good of a chance of beating Penn State as Nebraska does even after taking on the loser family (and the chance is slim).  And once they do, recruits become worse and you can forget about remaining at the top at that point.  I'd predict several immediate outgoing transfers if they actually land in Iowa City for real. Possibly reversed commitments from high character guys like DeLuca

ok so it seems like the disagreement is that one of us thinks they will recruit better with the jerry springer show team and an NCAA title, and the other thinks the Ferrrari's are just too toxic regardless. 

Culture and winning have a bit of a chicken and an egg thing. The lower the level the more important culture is, at the highest level (senior) they aren't thinking about it ever. 

3 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

ok so it seems like the disagreement is that one of us thinks they will recruit better with the jerry springer show team and an NCAA title, and the other thinks the Ferrrari's are just too toxic regardless. 

Culture and winning have a bit of a chicken and an egg thing. The lower the level the more important culture is, at the highest level (senior) they aren't thinking about it ever. 

Yeah I guess there will be types that will be drawn to a Ferrari family title team but once you start going for those types, what do you actually stand for? Aside from the likelihood of it all going wrong, there has to be something more important than winning alone.

1 minute ago, ionel said:

Shows us the math, maybe run it by Wkn first.  I'd say Anthony's expected point value is zero.  What's the max points AJ can give them?  After Salute his expected point value could actually be negative.  They took Anthony so they could get Angelo but how many points can you now expect from #1 and #3?

yeah excellent points, I'm just hoping for a crazy team race, so in my mind i've gt my fingers crossed that AJ is only in 60% shape, and will be worth 20 in march, and i guess that anthony can sneak into 8th or somthing. THis is all fan mentality nonsense i realize, but sense I'm not coaching d1 i can afford to be silly.