• Playwire Ad Area

Soldier Salute Brackets?

25 minutes ago, ionel said:

Can't remember opponent, could look it up but yes this tournament. 

I watched all his matches. His finals match against Rathjen was the only one that had antics, and, although this doesn't excuse the shove, Rathjen started it all with the shove and acted way more of an ass. I was actually surprised by how relatively composed Anthony was.

Your take is way off base. 

Edited by Mr. PeanutButter

2 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

i apologize, looks way worse there. He deserved it.

I think even if that is the overall truth - there is some truth to what you were saying.  If this was a different guy in the same situation - even a fellow Italian who may be more mild mannered like say old boy Mickey Phillippi - doubt he would have been tossed to the point of losing the title after winning the match.  There is a reputation tax and I enjoy watching when the collector comes around 

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, Le duke said:

So. Do the Brands double down? Pretend this didn’t happen? Is he a Hawkeye tomorrow?

Will I yet see AJ get stalled out of the match by Brooks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best thing the Brands can do is move forward and say: our starters are Caleb Rathjen and Zach Glazier - who proved themselves on the mat, and through unnecessary adversity brought upon by people who are below the level of our program

Edited by flyingcement

Best thing the Brands can do is move forward and say: our starters are Caleb Rathjen and Zach Glazier - who proved themselves on the mat, and through unnecessary adversity brought upon by people who are below the level of our program

Is AJ Ferrari below the level of their program?

Until a couple hours ago, that young man was looking like ~20 points and an NCAA trophy. They had Moriah’s husband in his corner all day. They were just itching to get that guy in the room officially and on the mat.

2 minutes ago, Le duke said:

Is AJ Ferrari below the level of their program?

Until a couple hours ago, that young man was looking like ~20 points and an NCAA trophy. They had Moriah’s husband in his corner all day. They were just itching to get that guy in the room officially and on the mat.

I think yes - they have had success in the past investing in people perceived as bad eggs like Desanto.  Brands are not high character guys, but higher than the Ferraris.  And plus, I said the best thing they can do - meaning - it would be a way to move forward as positively as possible whether it was true or not.  For leaders that is often what must be done

4 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

I think yes - they have had success in the past investing in people perceived as bad eggs like Desanto.  Brands are not high character guys, but higher than the Ferraris.  And plus, I said the best thing they can do - meaning - it would be a way to move forward as positively as possible whether it was true or not.  For leaders that is often what must be done

the difference is, off the mat Desanto is actually a nice kid. This is a BS comparison when discussing character.

Edited by BIGTENFANBOY

1 minute ago, flyingcement said:

I agree with you - he seems like a nice kid. But I said perceived as bad eggs, because I think that was accurate

The difference is, with Desanto 100% of his antics were due to him not being able to contain his passion for the sport and he acts in the heat of the moment. AJ on the other hand is a true narcissist who is fully aware of what he's doing and how he's acting.

• Fire 3

Just now, BIGTENFANBOY said:

The difference is, with Desanto 100% of his antics were due to him not being able to contain his passion for the sport and he acts in the heat of the moment. AJ on the other hand is a true narcissist who is fully aware of what he's doing and how he's acting.

Sorry I replied to Ionel erroneously (I'm sure he deserved it 🙂 ) but we basically said the same thing at the same time

7 minutes ago, Threadkilla said:

Who was in Ferrari's corner?  it looks like Marinelli but hard to tell on my tablet.  two younger fellas, one bald.  

Think was reported & looked like Marinelli and Sorensen.

Edited by ionel