• Playwire Ad Area

Boebert runs from the fight

After surviving a closer than expected reelection challenge from Adam Frisch in 2022 for the Third District seat, Lauren Boebert announced she is switching to run in the Fourth District to replace the retiring Ken Buck (R).

What is interesting about this move is that nothing will change in the Fourth District. It is solidly Republican. Whoever wins the Republican primary will win the general election. But it puts the Third District at risk of flipping to the Democrats. 

Comically, her reasoning was that by not running it would prevent "Hollywood elites and progressive money groups to buy the third district, a seat they have no business owning. I will not allow dark money that is directed at destroying me personally from stealing this seat." So, she admits she is a liability.

With Republicans already holding a very slim majority, this has to hurt their chances of keeping the House.

For someone who campaigns with a pistol on her hip, she sure does not like to fight.

• Fire 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

I don't think this effects the 3rd district or congressional majority.  She was facing a primary she wouldn't win.  I wonder if she decided on the fourth district on her own?  She has an excellent shot there, she'll be much appreciated.  I know that because that is where I grew up.

1 hour ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

After surviving a closer than expected reelection challenge from Adam Frisch in 2022 for the Third District seat, Lauren Boebert announced she is switching to run in the Fourth District to replace the retiring Ken Buck (R).

What is interesting about this move is that nothing will change in the Fourth District. It is solidly Republican. Whoever wins the Republican primary will win the general election. But it puts the Third District at risk of flipping to the Democrats. 

Comically, her reasoning was that by not running it would prevent "Hollywood elites and progressive money groups to buy the third district, a seat they have no business owning. I will not allow dark money that is directed at destroying me personally from stealing this seat." So, she admits she is a liability.

With Republicans already holding a very slim majority, this has to hurt their chances of keeping the House.

For someone who campaigns with a pistol on her hip, she sure does not like to fight.

First she is from Rifle, I dont see how she represents the 4th very well, but hey RFK and HRC won NY senate race so ...

The "comically" idk maybe she knows what she is talking about, Aspen is in the 3rd.  

My previous state (Wkn knows) and home district several elections ago was flooded with outside money to try and flip the US house seat.  They managed to flip pretty much every local position except the one they were going after which was very close. 

Edited by ionel
  • Fire 1