• Playwire Ad Area

Iowa vs Iowa State

CycloneFan97

2 minutes ago, Nailbender said:

Consider yourself lucky, he wanted me to watch reruns of KWWL.

Yet,  you didn't,  did you,  after asking me repeatedly to do so. 

"I never said there was not bias in the news... all news is biased. "- Nailbiter.

• Confused 1

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

9 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

Just copy and paste the passage where we agreed on the final conditions.  If you can pernt out where we both agreed,  I will happily pay the other party.

I want it posted here,  so that others who may care as much as you  curiously do can verify it too.

Got it,  boy? Good...

Everyone’s seen the transcript and it says you like to suck on chili dogs width wise. It’s weird. Stop asking people to read it. I’m done with this part of the thread.

5 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

Everyone’s seen the transcript and it says you like to suck on chili dogs width wise. It’s weird. Stop asking people to read it. I’m done with this part of the thread.

Ok,  with whom was I betting, boy? What were we betting on,  boy?

Watch this,  friends. 

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

6 minutes ago, Nailbender said:

I'm probably going to cry myself to sleep tonight over it.

Don't expeck you to, but,  boy,  will I EVER have fun using your own words against you!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, wrestlingphish said:

David Carr was not able to score bonus points against Patrick Kennedy who did not even place at the Southern Scuffle. as 2x AA and National Champion, David Carr was obviously nowhere near ready to wrestle if he couldn’t major a guy who has never wrestled at the NCAA tournament before.

Lol. Pathetic effort. David Carr did not look gassed at all, while Lee was gassed in the 2nd. Carr was wrestling the 13th ranked guy in the country, not an unranked backup. Though one might say Kennedy didn’t deserve to be 13 and I’d have a difficult time debating that. Apples and oranges.

3 minutes ago, Nittanychris said:

Lol. Pathetic effort. David Carr did not look gassed at all, while Lee was gassed in the 2nd. Carr was wrestling the 13th ranked guy in the country, not an unranked backup. Though one might say Kennedy didn’t deserve to be 13 and I’d have a difficult time debating that. Apples and oranges.

Pathetic like David Carr being unable to get bonus against someone ranked outside the top 10? He’s a former national champion and a Senior National Team member. At least Spencer Lee (who had double ACL surgery this year) was able to actually bonus an overmatched opponent.

Edited by wrestlingphish

4 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

Don't expeck you to, but,  boy,  will I EVER have fun using your own words against you!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!

It's impossible for you to use my words against me. You don't even know what they are, I speak English.

I have been a member on several forums. I've read on several more. I have never seen anyone as annoying as this guy. I always thought people who used the "ignore" feature were oranges. If this site had it, I would use it.

7 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

Pathetic like David Carr being unable to get bonus against someone ranked outside the top 10? He’s a former national champion and a Senior National Team member. At least Spencer Lee (who had double ACL surgery this year) was able to actually bonus an overmatched opponent.

Lol. You really are ridiculous. “Outside the top ten”? #13, who he dominated. That’s equivalent to a guy probably ranked 220? I’m done with this silliness. Goodbye.

5 minutes ago, Nailbender said:

It's impossible for you to use my words against me. You don't even know what they are, I speak English.

I have been a member on several forums. I've read on several more. I have never seen anyone as annoying as this guy. I always thought people who used the "ignore" feature were oranges. If this site had it, I would use it.

I got an easy fix for yis second paragraph: stop engaging me and I'll be of no bother to you. 

"All news is biased...I would never say that all news is biased."-Nailbiter.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Nittanychris said:

Lol. You really are ridiculous. “Outside the top ten”? #13, who he dominated. That’s equivalent to a guy probably ranked 220? I’m done with this silliness. Goodbye.

Is #13 not outside the top 10? Even when he was forced to redshirt last year because he was not well enough to compete for a sustained length of time, Lee still majored the #11 ranked wrestler.

Do you think if Carr tried harder and actually worked himself to the point of gassing he might have scored more points? If he dominated him, why didn’t he score bonus? Lee, whose performance you seem to be critical of, scored more team points than a Senior National Team member against a wrestler in his first year of varsity competition. 

21 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

Is #13 not outside the top 10? Even when he was forced to redshirt last year because he was not well enough to compete for a sustained length of time, Lee still majored the #11 ranked wrestler.

Do you think if Carr tried harder and actually worked himself to the point of gassing he might have scored more points? If he dominated him, why didn’t he score bonus? Lee, whose performance you seem to be critical of, scored more team points than a Senior National Team member against a wrestler in his first year of varsity competition. 

You are trying way too hard. Lee looked good for 2 minutes.  Looked great.  Was doing what we all expected Vs a backup.  Showed the difference in level.  I expected a pin after being up 11.

And then ….  And then he looked bad.  Against a backup.  You can’t honestly disagree.  His condition(ing)is by far the bigger story.  

Not sure why you are digging this hole for yourself.

Carr winning by what he did is not news.  Plenty of very good wrestlers don’t win by a lot in some matches.  

• Fire 2

1 minute ago, Dark Energy said:

You are trying way too hard. Lee looked good for 2 minutes.  Looked great.  Was doing what we all expected Vs a backup.  Showed the difference in level.  I expected a pin after being up 11.

And then ….  And then he looked bad.  Against a backup.  You can’t honestly disagree.  His condition(ing)is by far the bigger story.  

Carr winning by what he did is not news.  Plenty of very good wrestlers don’t win by a lot in some matches.  

Your points are valid but honestly, why is there so much drama surrounding Lee's performance? Were folks seriously expecting more, 11 months post double knee surgery?

To me, he looked eggsactly as eggspected: like someone who has done minimal training for the better part of 2 years. 

• Fire 2

6 minutes ago, Dark Energy said:

I’d stop digging the hole if your mom would just throw me a ladder instead of a shovel. Lee routinely shows conditioning issues in the first half of the season. Lee, less than 11 months removed from double ACL surgery, was one move away from a tech fall for most of the match. That’s not a bad performance. It’s certainly not his best, but plenty of wrestlers aren’t at their best 11 months removed from double ACL surgery. I’d say that’s “not news” either.

Edited by wrestlingphish

2 minutes ago, Mr. PeanutButter said:

Your points are valid but honestly, why is there so much drama surrounding Lee's performance? Were folks seriously expecting more, 11 months post double knee surgery?

To me, he looked eggsactly as eggspected: like someone who has done minimal training for the better part of 2 years. 

You make a fair point.  I think seeing Lee like this still comes as a shock.  Even if it shouldn’t.

1 minute ago, wrestlingphish said:

I’d stop digging the hole if your mom would just throw me a ladder instead of a shovel. Lee routinely shows conditioning issues in the first half of the season. Lee, less than 11 months removed from double ACL surgery, was one move away from a tech fall for most of the match. That’s not a bad performance. It’s certainly not his best, but plenty of wrestlers aren’t at their best 11 months removed from double ACL surgery. I’d say that’s “not news” either.

Figured I’d save this to ensure reference can be made to the quality of your character.  

• Fire 1

Oh shit, ban basketball is back?

Good dual meet.  Spencer likely gets the tech if the ref doesn't stop him for potentially dangerous, but no doubt he didn't look great after that.  He did dig deep for another nice TD in the third.  The standard Lee is held to is incredible, though.  He did still major his opponent in a big spot in his first match in a year in CTver after double ACL surgeries. Maybe calm down, as has been pointed out, Lee historically has not had the greatest tank early.

I loved all the pageantry and shit talk, but I do get a kick out of one guy calling Woods a douche (and others expressing similar feelings) for....not liking getting clubbed multiple times after the whistle, I guess, but not much consternation over Bastida's theatrics.

Either way.  Good dual, never really in doubt even with Iowa State winning all the tossups (pr semitossups.)

Most impressive Clone (other than Carr) was Paniro Johnson.

Most impressive Hawk was Cass, but after that Nelson Brands looked really good, as did Real Woods. Warner, in a loss, showed more juice from neutral so hopefully he can build from that.

• Fire 6

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

Oh shit, ban basketball is back?

Good dual meet.  Spencer likely gets the tech if the ref doesn't stop him for potentially dangerous, but no doubt he didn't look great after that.  He did dig deep for another nice TD in the third.  The standard Lee is held to is incredible, though.  He did still major his opponent in a big spot in his first match in a year in CTver after double ACL surgeries. Maybe calm down, as has been pointed out, Lee historically has not had the greatest tank early.

I loved all the pageantry and shit talk, but I do get a kick out of one guy calling Woods a douche (and others expressing similar feelings) for....not liking getting clubbed multiple times after the whistle, I guess, but not much consternation over Bastida's theatrics.

Either way.  Good dual, never really in doubt even with Iowa State winning all the tossups (pr semitossups.)

Most impressive Clone (other than Carr) was Paniro Johnson.

Most impressive Hawk was Cass, but after that Nelson Brands looked really good, as did Real Woods. Warner, in a loss, showed more juice from neutral so hopefully he can build from that.

Yep, good dual. Got the win. 18 in a row now!

I'd put Brands ahead of Cass strictly based on the 8 seconds Cass put himself in no man's land. 

11 minutes ago, WildTurk said:

Yep, good dual. Got the win. 18 in a row now!

I'd put Brands ahead of Cass strictly based on the 8 seconds Cass put himself in no man's land. 

Fair, but I'm also accounting for level of opponent.  I rate Schuyler more highly than Gaitan at this point.

• Fire 1

These guys are trolling. Spencer Lee is an absolute stud. ISU backup is a tough kid. Battles for the starting spot and loses out slightly. Beat Teske last season. Spencer looked like a guy who needs some live competition and he got some today. What David Carr did to PK shows how special Carr is. PK beat Peyton Robb (possible favorite at 157 after this week) and Peyton Hall (just had a tough match with O’Toole) to win U23 trials this summer. PK is no joke and Carr made him look ordinary. It’s clearly not a disappoint to not major PK. 

• Fire 4

4 hours ago, Dark Energy said:

You make a fair point.  I think seeing Lee like this still comes as a shock.  Even if it shouldn’t.

I think it shouldn't.  First match in a year after major surgery.  And we've seen him look like this before.  He's had many matches where he gassed, which has been, including today, a combination of him wrestling harder than anyone else from the first whistle and him pushing himself to wrestle while on the mend from major injuries and illness.  He looked like he needed to go to the hospital after the Bresser match at Midlands and was completely toast against Glory, as two examples.  If there ever something to take a grain of salt with, it's Spencer's performance on December 4th in his first time back after having to medically redshirt in a season that he was desperate to finish with his compadres last year.

• Fire 1

I hadn't bought in before, but at this point I think you've got to give some props to Kevin Dresser.  He's done a great job rebuilding. 

If you watched his press conference after, it showed his intelligence and command.  He didn't taunt or call anyone an orange.  Strictly professional, with matter-of-fact but insightful answers. 

He's playing a long game and knows he's made a lot of progress, a 5-5 split against Iowa with Lee and Woods in the lineup, with 15,000 people holding their breath for 10 seconds of a locked-up cradle at 285 -- he knows there's no need to spin anything anymore, this is a real team and a real program.  

• Fire 3